Pulled into the wall at Khylo by Guardian

Dropdown.7460

Well, yeah here we come again, indeed.But, keep in mind that the Fix that was provided was only supposed to lower the number of these cases, not eliminate it completely.Guess this 'error' is much more complicated than most people think otherwise it would be fixed entirely.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:i whirlwinded myself into the wall in Khylo too

Do you know where you were when that happened? I can send it to QA to try to repro. Given whirlwind speed, it seems like it would be unlikely to get you stuck in the wall, unless the wall itself was broken.

It was next to the mid point, (my recollection is that I used whirlwind, though it did happen after winning a team fight) I actually remember the game, it would've been the last AT game that I won, a few days back (not the second game after that, which I lost) I said i was stuck and logged out afterwards. Did not try /stuck.

The wall in question is the east or west wall, next to the mid point.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:This is the first I've heard of people getting stuck in walls since PoF launch, so hopefully the frequency is much decreased.

We're doing some improvements to the /stuck command when used in PvP. It's not going to make the next release, but hopefully in November.

I know I've done it twice on my guardian now. Not just on Khylo either -- happened in the map with the beasts too. Seems to happen when I spear someone and they run behind a wall while still attached.

Maybe add something to break the chain if LOS is broken?

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:This is the first I've heard of people getting stuck in walls since PoF launch, so hopefully the frequency is much decreased.

We're doing some improvements to the /stuck command when used in PvP. It's not going to make the next release, but hopefully in November.

I've only had it happen twice, both times last week and within the span of 5 matches or so. Once it was in a wall next to a side point, the other time it was in a pillar. /stuck didn't do anything but relogging returned me to spawn.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Gradeus.9761 said:

I've only had it happen twice, both times last week and within the span of 5 matches or so. Once it was in a wall next to a side point, the other time it was in a pillar. /stuck didn't do anything but relogging returned me to spawn.

The current /stuck command is currently pretty difficult to use in PvP. It cancels pretty much if you do anything. Move, use a skill, get hit by a skill, etc.

People simply are not reporting it. I got stuck at least twice since PoF...

The stairs on Temple on map Temple of the Silent Storm, when looking on the node, it was the small little pillar near the stairs going left side. Ranger Knockback got me in it.

The pillars on Hedge in Forest of Niflhel, yea these are still a thing. Guardian's Knockback on Longbow got me in them.

Edit:I don't use the /stuck command because I have a SSD... it's a lot quicker to just Alt+F4 and rejoin the game.... the dead respawn timer of 22+ seconds when entering back in the game really sucks though. A death penalty of 15 should just be enough I mean, we're taking time to actually quit the game to do this. It feels like a double penalty towards myself and my team for no reason.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:i whirlwinded myself into the wall in Khylo too

Do you know where you were when that happened? I can send it to QA to try to repro. Given whirlwind speed, it seems like it would be unlikely to get you stuck in the wall, unless the wall itself was broken.

I managed to push a rev into the little space under the stairs, leading up to the piping at windmill last night. At the edge of the map (not the one running to mid.

Archived