LoreChief.8391 Posted October 4, 2017 Share Posted October 4, 2017 Current version;Pistol skills from player and illusions cause bleeding (6s) at 50% chance per hitInterrupting a target refreshes the cooldown on pistol skills by 25%Whats the problem? 25% cooldown refresh is not very good.With illusion trait; base cooldown for the two pistol skills are 16s and 25s.Without the illusion trait; base cooldown for the two pistol skills are 20s and 35s.That means per interrupt with this trait you would be refreshing the cooldown of those skills by 4/5s on Phantasmal Duelist, and 6.25s for Magic Bullet. You would need to pull off both a successful Magic Bullet, as well as both Powerlocks in a row in order to "refresh" the cooldown on PD, assuming you aren't a Chrono with alacrity of course.This feels very heavy-handed in order to get a benefit out of a trait where the cooldown refresh doesn't even work on enemies with break bars in the first place. The trait is therefore only good for stacking bleeds, assuming you're playing a condi build in the first place. Aside from this trait though, Pistols favor power builds.So what is my idea?Duelist's Discipline:Pistol skills from player and illusions cause bleeding (6s) at 50% chance per hitKilling an enemy refreshes the cooldown of pistol skillsA simple change, but a welcome one. It maintains its use for condi builds, loses the clunky and unrewarding interrupt-based partial cooldown refresh, and allows a full time pistolier to reliably have a phantasmal duelist up for the start of a new mob. It also adds a dimension to multi-mob fights that allows the player to focus a larger target with duelists while culling weaker mobs in order to refresh phantasmal duelist - allowing them to pick up speed on a boss fight with quicker duelist summons.Anyways, thats my idea. Trying to play power mesmer with pistols is mediocre to say the least, mostly due to the cooldown on PD. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.