What we got on 30th. Content or not?

what we got on 30th

1. A new episode which they call it a SAGA because is gonna have more content that regular episodes more like an expansion feel to it.
  2. Strike Missions an evolving Boss system which the mechanics of the boss will change and upgrade thus make it more challenging
  3. that BONE creepy mob that will ambush you in open world if i understood correctly
  4. we have some cool Lore coming and stories Also Drakkar as a world boss ? if i understood correctly for those they dont know Drakkar is the champion of Jormag.
  5. Mike z spoke that they are looking into new things for pvp and wvw. (which they also post in the forums more details about it)
  6. also a great discount deal .

I believe thats some content ,many are negative toward it others like it.

@Redavv.2643 said:what we got on 30th

1. A new episode which they call it a SAGA because is gonna have more content that regular episodes more like an expansion feel to it.

That was known. You are interpretaing saga the way you want.

At no point in the stream was in any way mentioned that saga means more content even. It's a rebranding of Living world. Most people do not care about how you call DLC content (the original name for this type of content, rebranded to Living World Season in this game, now rebranded to Living World Saga).

@Redavv.2643 said:

1. Strike Missions an evolving Boss system which the mechanics of the boss will change and upgrade thus make it more challenging

Pretty much the only slightly new content mentioned.

@Redavv.2643 said:

1. that BONE creepy mob that will ambush you in open world if i understood correctly

1 mob does not equal content

@Redavv.2643 said:

1. we have some cool Lore coming and stories Also Drakkar as a world boss ? if i understood correctly for those they dont know Drakkar is the champion of Jormag.

1 boss fight does not equal content.

@Redavv.2643 said:

1. Mike z spoke that they are looking into new things for pvp and wvw. (which they also post in the forums more details about it)

So they are speaking and thinking about new pvp and wvw stuff, without naming or mentioning anything. Have you been following pvp and wvw developement at all over the last few years? Those game modes have been in the "soon new content" mode for a long time. Again, nothing new.

@Redavv.2643 said:

1. also a great discount deal .

Deals are no content.

I believe thats content and the responce from a certain minority was just not fair. Having a productive critisism is a different thing than trolling. Cause many they are just negative cause the trend is like that nowdays. If you go to other MMOS you will find the same minority doing the same thing.

cheers

You have failed to show how any relevant unknown content was shown.

On the contrary, you have yourself listed how basically no new content was revealed at the event. That's what people are dissatisfied with.

I dont believe anyone knew exactly what the new story is gonna be so it was kinda new atleast for me. The Trailer was great unless you've seen it before.The bone mob we dont yet how it will work maybe its not only one . How a new whole region of the world we play opening up is not a content we dont know yet how many new maps they will produce.How is new bosses not a content? How do you know how they will implement them in the game they spoke about evolving boss mechanics so we just have to wait and see.Discounts are not content i agree but it matter to many new players out there .So it's kinda new content for them :D

In the end it was a 30 minute event. and the timer had a snowy revealing picture So we all kinda understood that the main thing is gonna be Story there is no fail its just people over hyped about it.

@Redavv.2643 said:I dont believe anyone knew exactly what the new story is gonna be so it was kinda new atleast for me. The Trailer was great unless you've seen it before.

The trailer was indeed nice, and people often state that they liked the trailer, I did too and have mentioned this in other threads.

On the subject of knowing, obviously it was guessing, but here are some things which were evident days before and even right before the event:

• the logo was hinting at fire and ice days/weeks before the event. People were speculating with Jormag already
  • a couple of hours before the event, the screen with the timer changed to a band of frozen norn, char, humans, azura etc. Any doubt about where the story was heading was pretty much gone at that point.
  • the day before twitter pictures heavily hinted at where the story was going

It also wouldn't have mattered if people had not known where exactly the story was going. The fact Living World Season 5 was a thing was known since beginning of this year. That was not new news.

@Redavv.2643 said:The bone mob we dont yet how it will work maybe its not only one . How a new whole region of the world we play opening up is not a content we dont know yet how many new maps they will produce.How is new bosses not a content? How do you know how they will implement them in the game they spoke about evolving boss mechanics so we just have to wait and see.

I don't, and you might notice, neither do you. You are making wild guesses as to how and if this content will pan out. If this event was meant to reduce guessing, then obviously it failed.

@Redavv.2643 said:Discounts are not content i agree but it matter to many new players out there .So it's kinda new content for them :D

Which new players? The ones who are going to FF14, ESO and other MMORPGS which have launched expansions this year?

@Redavv.2643 said:In the end it was a 30 minute event. and the timer had a snowy revealing picture So we all kinda understood that the main thing is gonna be Story there is no fail its just people over hyped about it.

Yes, and that's exactly it: it was an overhyped event which could have been done via a blog post. That's the main gripe most people have is it not?

I think you din't pay attention to the steam.

1. Over Hyped for a month for news that usually are posted on the forum . But they had to showcase it by renting a theater for it...
  2. Making everyone believe that something BIG was coming. Getting hopes up! When it's mostly stuff we already expected.
  3. Finishing the stream with * on our last big news. Looking for more money $$$ on saling merchandise (Funko mini's, yoga pant's, mouse mats).
    You expect Reaction to be positive? Really? Yoga pants, must have them.... Really?

Seriously, this feels like a last money making hoorah from Anet for a going out of business fire sale where everything is 50% off & must go.Look at the signs.*layoffs

• No real updates
  • No real long term or replayable content
  • More focus on Gem store sales items
  • 50% sales & HoT free to play
  • No communication or plans layout to the community.

All this giving me the impression there is no real future plans except for squeezing the lemon as much as possible before they drop the big news.

(Prediction: Automating the game.) I bet it will start with in the next 6 to 8 month where they will be announcing that they will be automating Spvp & WvW. One after the other no particular order. Followed by finishing the saga & automating PVE before the next batch of layoffs & making the game fully free to play. Where they will be no longer any content added except for Gem store skins & items.

They know they can't compete with the next western mmo's titles that will be coming out with out coming with there own new game.
& that takes lots of money at this point.

All this giving me the impression there is no real future plans except for squeezing the lemon as much as possible before they drop the big news.

it had a certain feel to it i hope its not true, of course the competition is great, will GW2 totally die? don't think so it may go to maintenance mode, but in my opinion as long as the keep the story at least its gonna have a certain type of audience for it.

@Redavv.2643 said:

it had a certain feel to it i hope its not true, of course the competition is great, will GW2 totally die? don't think so it may go to maintenance mode, but in my opinion as long as the keep the story at least its gonna have a certain type of audience for it.

Maybe, but I think it if it went into that mode, a lot of people would just wait until the season/saga/story/novel/whatever they want to call it this time, is completed, and then just buy them all at once so they can play through them back to back without the 4,5,6 month wait. (Whatever we're aiming for now.)

Pretty sure I would, but at that point I'd probably just watch youtube videos of story play throughs and save the money if I even still had any investment in the story.

@Vieux P.1238 said:I think you din't pay attention to the steam.

1. Over Hyped for a month for news that usually are posted on the forum . But they had to showcase it by renting a theater for it...
  2. Making everyone believe that something BIG was coming. Getting hopes up! When it's mostly stuff we already expected.
  3. Finishing the stream with * on our last big news. Looking for more money $$$ on saling merchandise (Funko mini's, yoga pant's, mouse mats).

You expect Reaction to be positive? Really? Yoga pants, must have them.... Really?

Seriously, this feels like a last money making hoorah from Anet for a going out of business fire sale where everything is 50% off & must go.Look at the signs.*layoffs

• No real updates
  • No real long term or replayable content
  • More focus on Gem store sales items
  • 50% sales & HoT free to play
  • No communication or plans layout to the community.

(Prediction: Automating the game.) I bet it will start with in the next 6 to 8 month where they will be announcing that they will be automating Spvp & WvW. One after the other no particular order. Followed by finishing the saga & automating PVE before the next batch of layoffs & making the game fully free to play. Where they will be no longer any content added except for Gem store skins & items.

They know they can't compete with the next western mmo's titles that will be coming out with out coming with there own new game.

& that takes lots of money at this point.

Not everybody. I didn't believe something big was coming. I said on reddit that I thought the announcement wasn't geared toward us, but new players, trying to get more players into the game. I got shot down pretty hard, but I still believe that. I never thought this was an announcement for us. You don't have to go to a convention or rent a theater to announce stuff to people already playing.

My favourite part is that people are still associating these big media events and announcements to some weird idea if we are getting content or not.

People, even if Anet NEVER told us anything, we would still get content. You do NOT need to have a ticker tape parade down Broadway to know we get content or even to understand what the scale of that content will be. When Anet says "hey, we are making a raid", you know the timeframe for that and what type of content that will be. When they say 'Living Story', everyone should understand what that means.

In otherwords ... there isn't a reason to be upset about any of this. People are just finding outlets ... the worst part is that Anet is RESPONDING to it.

@"Obtena.7952" said:My favourite part is that people are still associating these big media events and announcements to some weird idea if we are getting content or not.

People, even if Anet NEVER told us anything, we would still get content. You do NOT need to have a ticker tape parade down Broadway to know we get content or even to understand what the scale of that content will be. When Anet says "hey, we are making a raid", you know the timeframe for that and what type of content that will be. When they say 'Living Story', everyone should understand what that means.

In otherwords ... there isn't a reason to be upset about any of this. People are just finding outlets ... the worst part is that Anet is RESPONDING to it.

I disagree.

Here is what most players want:Feel secure that this game is a worthy time investment beyond the next 6-12 months.

That's literally what this all boils down to.

The spvp and wvw crowd are annoyed that there is no new content - no good time investment.

The hardcore community is annoyed there is not enough challenging content added - no good time imvestement.

The overall community wants more content similar to what competitors put out, say expansions to ideally bring in fresh blood.

None of those expectations were met. People are thus reacting.

As far as content being guaranteed, I should not have to remind you on what a lifeline this game was content wise for the last living world season. I should also not have to reference GW1, which is in maintanance mode, nor should I have to reference MMORPGS which have closed shop (say Warhammer Online). Content is certainly not a guarantee.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:It IS content. Just overhyped content.

But from the reactions I have seen from certain people in Anet right now, I think I'm going to hold my money for a while. I'm getting too nervous.

I bought the supply drop, but im kinda wishing i didnt. I have spent more money on this game in 8 months then i do on wow in a year. And they say sub games too expensive pfft

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:My favourite part is that people are still associating these big media events and announcements to some weird idea if we are getting content or not.

I disagree.

Here is what most players want:Feel secure that this game is a worthy time investment beyond the next 6-12 months.

That's literally what this all boils down to.

The spvp and wvw crowd are annoyed that there is no new content - no good time investment.

The hardcore community is annoyed there is not enough challenging content added - no good time imvestement.

The overall community wants more content similar to what competitors put out, say expansions to ideally bring in fresh blood.

None of those expectations were met. People are thus reacting.

As far as content being guaranteed, I should not have to remind you on what a lifeline this game was content wise for the last living world season. I should also not have to reference GW1, which is in maintanance mode, nor should I have to reference MMORPGS which have closed shop (say Warhammer Online). Content is certainly not a guarantee.

If that's the case, then people had the wrong expectation for what they thought they were going to see. My point is that media or not, the game carries on. What was seen or not seen has no impact on that.

When have you ever known ANet to give every piece of information about what is coming in an announcement? They have always said they don't give everything away and want the players to be surprised about some things. They like that kinda stuff and I am happy with that. I don't want to know everything. I want to discover new things on my own sometimes.

Did that when I did a month long backpacking trip to Europe. Purposely got 'lost' while exploring different cities and countries and found some things that are not 'normal' tourist stuff. But then I have always been told for years that I am just not a person that follows what others do. And that is also why I have been to see over 30 different concerts over the last year across multiple genres. Quite a few people find it hard to fathom that someone could like all the music that I do. I have heard from more than I can count that they only like X genre or only go to see X artist. I just can't do that as there is to much life out there to enjoy.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:People were just projecting what they wanted onto the announcement and then getting mad when it didn't materialize.

Well, yeah that's what usually happens. There was a certain amount of hype and it didn't live up to expectations. We knew it was about the living story but with the hype involved we thought there would be more.

Though I'd say the majority of people posting are more disappointed than they are mad.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:I'm honestly not sure what players were expecting, we've known for months that LS5 would follow right after LS4 and that there's no expansion in the immediate future. People were just projecting what they wanted onto the announcement and then getting mad when it didn't materialize.

Again what in that announcement would you call expansion worthy features we dident get in living world seasons before it became saga?

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:I'm honestly not sure what players were expecting, we've known for months that LS5 would follow right after LS4 and that there's no expansion in the immediate future. People were just projecting what they wanted onto the announcement and then getting mad when it didn't materialize.

True, the hype was to some extent the players fault.

At the same time, as you put it nicely, most of the announcement items were know and made known months earlier. Of what use was the announcement then?