Sweet And Spicy Butternut Squash Soup Duration

knite.1542

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85599/game-update-notes-august-27-2019

All foods below ascended rarity have had their effect durations standardized to 30 minutes. Many recipes have been adjusted to reduce material costs appropriately for foods that previously provided longer effect durations.

Thank you! DIdn't see that. So unfortunate for me but at least they are even now I guess.

@knite.1542 said:Thank you! DIdn't see that. So unfortunate for me but at least they are even now I guess.

That's my take. I had deliberately produced a lot of 60- and 45-minute food to be efficient, so this was especially annoying. However... if the original system had been that all foods were 30 minutes, I don't think anyone would be clamoring to change it to a less-predictable system.

My objection here is that they didn't actually normalize everything to 30m, they only reduced longer durations to 30m. Also, they reduced utility durations as well even though they did not -- yet -- introduce asc utilities. Those are some pretty minor quibbles though . . .