What Kalla should be...

messiah.1908

so its obvious that anet wanted to give renegade something special and varietyif you look at the trait line tree you can see 3 options to play withtop - power build. vulnerability, cripple, kd and might which can build very fast to 25 stacks.mid - condition build. with SB pierce more bleed which hit harder and more condition dmgbottom - support/sustain with regen,retal, protection and self reduce condi dmg.

in theory nice work although i could suggest minor tweaks to some traitsAshen Demeanor - increase duration of cripple to 6 sec and raise vulnerability stacks to 10. its not like we gonna disable the enemy every 3 sec so it should act to prepare our burst combo.Blood Fury and Heartpiercer should be merged into heartpiecer furyWrought-Iron Will - increase duration of regen and retal to 5 secEndless Enmity - we need fury and vigor so i would change it to when you critically hit you have 50% chance to proc furySudden Reversal - 10 icd could work nice invocation line when switching legend to break stun. the dmg is low so it wont be op. but if increase the dmg by 100% it could work nicely with equilibriumHeartpiercer - change to Tormenting heart - your SB skills also inflict torment 1 stack for 3 sec. the sb needs cover condition and more dmg pressure . bleeding itself easy to cleanse and the dmg is low. and torment on range enemy could be nice if they want to get in melee they will take double dmg.All for One - without herald we lack some sort of support boons. protection itself is too little to short duration for utilities which cannot be spammable. so i would change it to 6 sec duration while also reduce condition dmg by 33% for 5 sec. i see anet dont want to give revenant the ability to cleanse rather to handle them.
Vindication - increase duration for 4 sec

these small changespower build can be really nice when you stun and break it with legend swap you could do nice 3k while kd for 2 sec with 10 vulnerability and cripple and might stackscondition build more dmg more cover conditionsupport - more self sustain with longer regen, support group with longer protection and reduce condi dmg bomb. the healing skill would give allies 66% condition dmg reduction. while if you have full kalla you will have 80% with healing skill which is nice spot for 5 sec

SBour fast range weapon but atm too weak and uselesswe need at least 2 skills with 100% physical projectile finisherShattershot - should increase direct dmg and bleeding duration 4 sec and icd is 0.25 sec.Bloodbane Path - increase direct dmg. apply also 3 stacks of poison for 7 sec. physical projectileSevenshot - atm its maybe misshot. change to each arrow can hit with 5 stacks of torment. in pve where you have time to measure the distance and position yourself than yes hit like 35 stacks of torment. in pvp and wvw each enemy in potential will get 5-10 stacks only which is about 770-1500 dmg per sec for up too 6 sec which is ok. also make it evade skill which proc swiftness like ranger sbSpiritcrush - zone should be 240r. direct dmg increase. slow change to chill. duration of the field should be 4 sec.Scorchrazor - dmg increase. burning duration 4 sec. also if possible below 600 range kd change to kb .physical projectile

with more direct dmg this weapon can be hybrid both in power and condition build. the AA should stack above 4 bleeding stacks (pvp speaking) and renegade lack of swiftness as legend who should infiltrate behind enemy line. sevenshot is our main burst dmg skill combine with spiritcrush which can secure an area for 4 sec with burning chill and torment (corruption traited)

many suggested utilities changes and f2-f4 like me several time

after playing wvw i feel these changes could make renegade playable again (sure address utilities and f skills aswell)

Kalla works fine IMO, the bigger problem is the core Revenant (this is the fourth post I make about the core class design being the problem, for four different classes, this morning - seems ANet needs to consider sweeping reworks soon...).

The class seems purpose-built as an in-combat role switch, say alternating from a direct damage dealer into a healer on a whim. Always select two "roles", then swap as needed. Kalla fits in nicely, being a location-centric offensive support spec, something not yet provided by the other legends (who are direct damage, condi damage, healer, tank and party buffer). That being said, the way GW2's gear / sigil / rune systems work make the Revenant base design unworkable. It simply cannot function this way.

At the very least, each legend would need to bring massive passive stat buffs just for being in it (not from traits, baseline), and in return skills their scaling changed to take this into account. The idea being that even a fully zerker-built Shiro Revenant would do "good" healing when going Ventari. "Good" condi damage when going Mallyx. In return their direct damage would nosedive to "bad" levels simply by not being in Shiro (since Shiro would include tons of buffs to direct damage baseline), despite having full zerker gear and sigils and runes.

I can't however see ANet do such a rework. And if they don't, then Revenant will always feel weird, and every new legend will be a solution looking desperately for its problem. Entirely because the people who seem to have thought up the basic class design, as much as I love the design, seem to have built it for a different MMORPG where such a design works out (compare Druids in WoW).

@Carighan.6758 said:Kalla works fine IMO, the bigger problem is the core Revenant (this is the fourth post I make about the core class design being the problem, for four different classes, this morning - seems ANet needs to consider sweeping reworks soon...).

The class seems purpose-built as an in-combat role switch, say alternating from a direct damage dealer into a healer on a whim. Always select two "roles", then swap as needed. Kalla fits in nicely, being a location-centric offensive support spec, something not yet provided by the other legends (who are direct damage, condi damage, healer, tank and party buffer). That being said, the way GW2's gear / sigil / rune systems work make the Revenant base design unworkable. It simply cannot function this way.

At the very least, each legend would need to bring massive passive stat buffs just for being in it (not from traits, baseline), and in return skills their scaling changed to take this into account. The idea being that even a fully zerker-built Shiro Revenant would do "good" healing when going Ventari. "Good" condi damage when going Mallyx. In return their direct damage would nosedive to "bad" levels simply by not being in Shiro (since Shiro would include tons of buffs to direct damage baseline), despite having full zerker gear and sigils and runes.

I can't however see ANet do such a rework. And if they don't, then Revenant will always feel weird, and every new legend will be a solution looking desperately for its problem. Entirely because the people who seem to have thought up the basic class design, as much as I love the design, seem to have built it for a different MMORPG where such a design works out (compare Druids in WoW).

so try to figure how what could they do instead suggestion complete rework.kalla provide diversity you could choose from. power, condition and support. 1-1-1, 2-2-2, 3-3-3.

compare ranger sb to renegde. ranger can do with its AA in pvp 18 stacks. while renegade only 7. thief and ranger has evade with the sb while renegade dont. thief has 0.25 icd on its AA and ranger none while renegade has 0.5.although it seems renegade sb has more direct dmg the skills dont allow that. hard to aim, long animation and easy to dodge or just strafe.

if you wanna go support or dmg or condition still herald is much much better and less nrg consumption.

Archived