Anet can you be more creative?

JUN YANG.4328

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@JUN YANG.4328 said:I am not complaint anything. but why every LS is fighting dragon?

Apparently, they want to conclude the dragon cycle. I was complaining about this for years myself,
but
I believe they are being
a lot more
creative this time around by adding some diversion to the story (humans enslaved by centaurs, norn and charr concerns etc).

You really shouldn't be complaining if you have thoroughly watched the trailer, the Rytlock clip, and listened to the presentation. You should applaud them instead for finally adding a rich story environment to the plot. <3

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I don't think I've seen Primordus since Guild Wars (One).

Um, you have? Season 3? :)

Hah! My bad! Some day I must finish Season Three.

If you haven’t done that episode I’d encourage you to do so. IMO it is one of the best episodes and maps

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I get that people are getting tired of fighting dragons but the game was focused on combating dragons from the very beginning, we always knew how many dragons there were, we always knew they were going to need fought. Personally I feel it would be a little weird for the dragons to suddenly stop being a threat so we can just run around doing other things. Plus we have had Balthazar and Joko as big enemies to fight as well.

Actually they set up a situation where the dragon threat was sort of reversed. I mean in PoF our job was to protect a dragon from a god. I thought that was a great twist.

Sorta but also not really. The dragons are still very much enemies. They are just enemies that we have to defeat in a way that isn't just outright killing them and for a while we had to fight against someone else who was hellbent on the whole just outright killing them thing.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I get that people are getting tired of fighting dragons but the game was focused on combating dragons from the very beginning, we always knew how many dragons there were, we always knew they were going to need fought. Personally I feel it would be a little weird for the dragons to suddenly stop being a threat so we can just run around doing other things. Plus we have had Balthazar and Joko as big enemies to fight as well.

Actually they set up a situation where the dragon threat was sort of reversed. I mean in PoF our job was to protect a dragon from a god. I thought that was a great twist.

Sorta but also not really. The dragons are still very much enemies. They are just enemies that we have to defeat in a way that isn't just outright killing them and for a while we had to fight against someone else who was hellbent on the whole just outright killing them thing.

As I said, we had to protect a dragon from a god. I said no more or less than that. And I found that ironic.

Okay, let's help them out. Name four unknown entities existing in the world, neither dragon nor god, with impossible powers and influence over powerful minions for our heroes to fight, using conventional weaponry/magic or means possible in the world, with any sense of challenge or tension for our Dragon/Godslayer Commander.

Go.

@"Randulf.7614" said:If you haven’t done that episode I’d encourage you to do so. IMO it is one of the best episodes and maps

I know tastes differ, so I will not argue with you. I just want to tell you my perspective: Draconis Mons is an interesting map for sure. But these three things made it one of the worst episodes for me:

• The exaggerated amount of Taimi's tech talk. She basically did all the work for us, discovered everything. We "were just there", so to speak. It was super annoying and super boring.
  • The dialogue. Not one of ANet's best pieces of work. I had to laugh involuntarily at a lot of stuff (like the Spirit's voice, so badly done). Also, the super slow speaking tempo and the "contemporary American English accent" were very present, two things I have been criticising in HoT and Season 3 a lot.
  • The final story mission. Oh boy, the whole dropping-down part ("Weeee!" ;) ) and Taimi's annoying tech-comm comments, (e.g., her: "Lemme guess, another barrier?", me: "Noooo, what gave it away??"), Primordus looking hilarious, and the whole fight mechanic felt kind of childish and uninspired (at that point, I could no longer take Balthasar seriously). I only had fun doing the Fancy Flier achievement in that instance.

But as I said, that's a question of personal taste. I'm not a fan of Season 3 as a whole.

Well dealing with the elder dragons is kind of the end goal so it only makes sense. That being said, we have had many episodes where the dragons were kind of in the back of the story until we finished whatever was more important. I'm assuming we'll be dealing a lot with the dragon minions in the next few episodes, but not exclusively. It's good to have that story thread looming over our heads imo.

I read on twitter someone asked on their interview what Guildwars2 was about and they were told 'dragons' . Yeah It would be nice to escape them for a bit but it wouldn't last.Who knows maybe Aurene will do a glint and have a few babies and we end up with another 2 or 3?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:If you haven’t done that episode I’d encourage you to do so. IMO it is one of the best episodes and maps

I know tastes differ, so I will not argue with you. I just want to tell you my perspective: Draconis Mons is an interesting map for sure. But these three things made it one of the worst episodes for me:
  • The exaggerated amount of Taimi's tech talk. She basically did all the work for us, discovered everything.
    We
    "were just there", so to speak. It was super annoying and super boring.
  • The dialogue. Not one of ANet's best pieces of work. I had to laugh involuntarily at a lot of stuff (like the Spirit's voice, so badly done). Also, the super slow speaking tempo and the "contemporary American English accent" were very present, two things I have been criticising in HoT and Season 3 a lot.
  • The final story mission. Oh boy, the whole dropping-down part ("Weeee!" ;) ) and Taimi's annoying tech-comm comments, (e.g., her: "Lemme guess,
    another
    barrier?", me: "Noooo, what gave it away??"), Primordus looking hilarious, and the whole fight mechanic felt kind of childish and uninspired (at that point, I could no longer take Balthasar seriously). I only had fun doing the Fancy Flier achievement in that instance.

But as I said, that's a question of personal taste. I'm not a fan of Season 3 as a whole.

Fair enough. I mean I didn't like the reveal of Balthazar was rubbish. But, the map was amazing and the final instance I loved what with the setting, our first look at Primordus was still epic no matter what he looked like and the boss fight was also great.

Taimi doesn't annoy me in the slightest either.

LS3 was inconsistent, but ep5 always remains one of my favourites and compared the utter pigswill that I found was the Bitterfrost and Sirens Mons episodes, it stacks up even better