For a brand new lvl 80 Engineer, what is the groups recommendation: Scrapper or Holio???

Bob.1703

On a flyer I started an Engineer and now have a lvl 80. After reading the posts on the upcoming changes I'm not sure which way to go Scrapper or Holio. I mainly play solo PVE and for the foreseeable future I will be doing map completion, hero points, etc. as well as HoT and PoF. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ask yourself: What made you play Engineer?Is it the beauty of the Flamethrower?Is it the explosives from the Grenades and bombs?Is it the unknown substances you keep drinking and spraying with your Elixir Gun?

Did you fall in love with the hammer and/or gyros the Scrapper offers?Or is it possibly the light show that Yolosmith can put on?

If it's any of the first three, you might want to play around with Core Engineer.

@"Bob.1703" said:I mainly play solo PVE and for the foreseeable future I will be doing map completion, hero points, etc. as well as HoT and PoF.

The proper answer here is, "Whatever the hell you want to play." Everything you've listed is content you'll be able to play at your own pace, alone or with a friend, and without pressure from other people to 'perform properly.'

You say you intend to play through all this content, so you obviously have the time to burn. Just try a little bit of everything on your way through and stick with what feels best to you instead of having one of the best professions in the game -at least conceptually speaking- spoiled for you by having it filtered through someone else's lens.

Plenty of time later to be told by someone else that, "You're doing it all wrong."