How do you like the mount skins in the New Horizons adoption license?

Cerioth.7062

On seeing videos I changed my mind and sadly don't like most of them for one reason or another.

Skyscales - well the fire one is cool but I don't care for skyscale anyway.Griffon - not my thing.Skimmer - reminds me of glow in the dark toys. Not my thing either.Beetles - the plain one is a little dull and the arctic razor while looks like an awesome trail, sadly as I was expecting the arm spikes are visually annoying in motion, so its a pass on both of these.Springers - cutesy dog one is meh, awesome jackrabbit is awesome but I already have the Kourna jackrabbit so don't really need this when it's just a reskin of tue same model.Warclaw - I think the gladiator style one looks ridiculous, and the starscale being a paint job of the base model but I don't like the base model much.

Raptors - this is where they did the best job - lithosol and geode look very good. But I don't like the raptor as a mount - find it useless when having the Jackal and find its jumping annimation to be annoying (the way its neck pulls one side and tail pulls the other exactly the same each time it jumps). So, pretty skins, but I've got no use for them.Jackals - fulgurite looks amazing. Other one a bit dull but I like the theme. But I already have my favourite jackal skin so no need for these.

Kudos to the artists who came up with these. I'm liking a lot of the mounts in this set and am pleased with my purchases. I've been collecting the flame-themed and ice-themed mounts when they arrived so I picked up that skyscale and beetle. I think the flame skyscale also goes well with a blue-flame dye arrangement. I also picked up the lithosol and geode raptors and those are very nice.

@Edelweiss.4261 said:I'm waiting until someone posts a video showing some of the skins with dyes. I saw one go up today that briefly shows the lithosol, but it was kind of difficult to see. I don't want to get a skin that looks good in only one color.

The Lithosol dyes kinda weird. A lot of the dyes register pretty darkly on the main body dye (there are two, the remaining two are for the teeth and the eyes). For a lot of them, the textures go through quite nicely though.

I liked the big skyscale (that I dubbed Charrscale, because they're actually large enough to accomodate a fully armored charr). There were a few others, but the MVP were definitely in the jackal, skyscale territory, with the fulgurite ridgeback and incarnate flame in particular. The lithosol was kind of interesting too. Special mention to the Warclaw's Savage gladiator, that did manage to make me go "D'aww it's a cat with a helmet on"