Upcomming Potential Warhorn Changes

Lan Deathrider.5910

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:Could see allot of warriors as anti counter to the mass barrier spam in WvW.

I say that is a good thing

Also, it looks like Shrug it Off will cause warhorns to heal when they remove conditions. The healing amount may be small, but if not, then warrior just got serious support buffs.

I wonder how good this trait will work with Brawlers Recovery, Cleansing Ire or other Skills, Traits, Runes, Sigils, Combos that remove Conditions o.O Description says "heal allies", but could be interesting if it also works for the user.

@"DKRathalos.9625" said:I think what we need to see is indeed not just warhorn but alongside with tactics spec. I will talk from wvw standpoint, overall tactics is kind of "meh" especially the grandmaster traitDouble finisher: could potentially be good, for example blasting stealth or water at wvwVigorous Shouts (only 1000 heal, not so much compared to guardian/necro/scrapper healing)Phalanx Strength (I know this is popular back in the day when farm 40 fractal still around, but I don't think they used it for wvw, plus anet nerf it, and yeah facet from Herald is better I think combined with Empower [staff 4] Guardian, those 2 already give good source of might)

Right now no one want to choose tactic because it's not that good compared to the other spec.Power Zerk Warrior PvE: [strength] [Disc] [berserker]Condi Zerk Warrior PvE: [Arms] [Disc] [berserker]Spellbreaker PvE: [strength] [Disc] [spellbreaker]Spellbreaker WvW: [Defense] [Disc] [spellbreaker]

I think the core warrior still go for [strength] [Disc] [Tactic] in PvE but that is just because they don't have elite spec, if they want to equip elite spec they will sacrifice tactics for sure. For WvW core I think will people will definitely choose Defense over Tactic, but core warrior is not meta for zerg purpose.

Check the announcement on the tactics rework.

I somehow miss the patch before I post that Thank you for the info Lan, I read it last night too bad I am too sleepy to reply after reading patch. I still not sure about the new tactics but I think it's enough to make me willing to give it a test like maybe Spellbreaker wvw [Tactic] [Disc] {Spellbreaker] welp disc is too good so can't pass on that.

@Rettan.9603 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:Could see allot of warriors as anti counter to the mass barrier spam in WvW.

Also, it looks like Shrug it Off will cause warhorns to heal when they remove conditions. The healing amount may be small, but if not, then warrior just got serious support buffs.

I wonder how good this trait will work with Brawlers Recovery, Cleansing Ire or other Skills, Traits, Runes, Sigils, Combos that remove Conditions o.O Description says "heal allies", but could be interesting if it also works for the user.

Well you are your own ally, and they typically specify other allies if they mean that you don't receive healing. I'm thinking that it will be somewhere between 100 and 500 hp. Warhorn and Shake it Off can clear a large amount of condi so I expect this healing to be balanced for that.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Interesting, someone needs to start theory crafting some handsome tactics builds for spvp and wvw

Well for bunker go def, tactics, and zerker. Mid up bottom on def, leg spec, shrug it off and Vigorous Shouts on tactics, all bottom on zerker. Take tempest runes. Take headbutt, outrage, SiO, and your choice of healing and floating utility, preferably a stunbreak or shout.

With enough healing power every stunbreak heals for 5k and adds lots of toughness. SiO will provide a large heal if you have any Condi on you when you break stun with it.

For WvW run leg spec, warriors cunning, and marching orders. Str zerk for Max DPS, def disc for all around build, def spb for Max defense.

Leap into Zerg pop SoM and lay waste on the poor saps with barrier up. Tactics berserker will be like a shocktrooper in a Zerg.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Could see allot of warriors as anti counter to the mass barrier spam in WvW.

Oh I'm not disagreeing it'll be nice to have a place in the zerg again, that's not stupid bubble.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Could see allot of warriors as anti counter to the mass barrier spam in WvW.

Oh I'm not disagreeing it'll be nice to have a place in the zerg again, that's not stupid bubble.

Agreed. Gunflame from pirate ship or join a boarding squad with arc divider.

Wow, they really did it. Looking forward to trying out a support warrior. I'm still not sold on the barrier on warhorn 5 and I think it's kinda lazy. It'd be cool to see Soldier's Focus be more interactive too, like the benefit you give scales depending on how much adrenaline you expend with the burst. Can't wait to try it out though.

@Ambrosius Custard.8137 said:Wow, they really did it. Looking forward to trying out a support warrior. I'm still not sold on the barrier on warhorn 5 and I think it's kinda lazy. It'd be cool to see Soldier's Focus be more interactive too, like the benefit you give scales depending on how much adrenaline you expend with the burst. Can't wait to try it out though.

I can see it being good in FotM. Might not be instant 25 might at the beginning, but it will be large sustained might stacks throughout a fight with phalanx strength, moreso with forceful greatsword and decapitate spam.