Feedback on gathering changes in home instance

Hello,

I just wanted to give some brief feedback on the changes to sharing home instance ascended plants.

Whether that was an intended design of home instances, they have garnered a strong social component, and the change to ascended crops really harms the potential of players to share their home instances with one another. Now instance sharers will be forced to choose between planting ascended crops for themselves and planting basic plants to share.

While I agree that a nerf on the generation of ascended resources was probably needed, I think this nerf needlessly harms the social component of home instances.

Instead, I think two other nerfs would have better solved this problem : 1) make additional strikes (esp. from bounty tools) not grant additional ascended resources 2) require completion of the cooking collection to gather ascended crops (otherwise you get ruined crops).

IMO, this change would have the same effect of stalling the swell of ascended cooking materials while also not harming the social aspect of home instance nodes. Please consider this more elegant change. Thank you.

Or leave it as its ALWAYS been. Before ascended cooking, I used to only plant the seeds/flowers for primers. So all of my friends could harvest as many as possible. As I had both plots (now three). It was fine cause they could make primers faster. So why is that ok and not the fact of the food my wvw group now uses being easier to obtain?

I like the 'fixed a bug' part. Somehow I doubt this was a bug, I mean why not just say their changing it and maybe why they feel the need to so people understand? Guess that's asking too much....

And completely agree with the social aspect, it only did good things for people to talk to each other and ask about grouping up for home instances. I had several very friendly conversations cause of it. That should be encouraged. I mean I still don't get why people advertising home instances was 'banned' from lfg years ago.

At least two of those bugs were clearly server side. Why did they have to touch sooooooo many data files. And also the rendering engine (makes sense for the position related one)

Also, I agree. That was not a bug., it was a feature change. And a poor one at that.

I do love having the third plot and the Cooking Station in my home though. Those rock!

@Llyweln.3078 said:So, to be clear, it only affects my garden nodes.........everything else can still be shared? Makes sense why prices have doubled since yesterday (drat shoulda bought)

Slight correction, it only affects your ASCENDED food plants in the garden nodes, if you plant normal items those can still be shared, and anyone that thought it was supposed to be this way isn't thinking clearly. You can share the finished product amongst your friends, why should you be able to share the base ingredients?

@"GamerOnline.3650" said:Ascended food is simple. Obtaining the ingredients is complex.

Sacrificing many food items for compost and finding the seeds is an investment into that one ingredient. Sharing gardens bypassed the investment process for the harvesters.

idk, if someone shares something with you you dont you pay him back?

example: i had with 2 friends a teamwork projekt. one bought the extra gardens (the one with money), i got the seeds (the one with time), and one got the food for the garden (the one with gold).and if you see that EVERYTHING else is shareable than this is for sure not a "fix", its to make you buy extra gardens to 1. get gold out of the market and 2. to make $.and this is a bad move. its a p2w move.

@daggerdale.9043 said:

@GamerOnline.3650 said:Ascended food is simple. Obtaining the ingredients is complex.

Sacrificing many food items for compost and finding the seeds is an investment into that one ingredient. Sharing gardens bypassed the investment process for the harvesters.

idk, if someone shares something with you you dont you pay him back?The bug was that the ones that shared (at worst between their own alt accounts) could do so in a way that would yield unlimited herbs with just an initial investment of one set of seeds. While I enjoyed sharing my garden with friends (all the while making sure to harvest each day, because it didn't feel right to just let my plants grow indefinitely) I really don't see another way they could fix properly.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@GamerOnline.3650 said:Ascended food is simple. Obtaining the ingredients is complex.

idk, if someone shares something with you you dont you pay him back?The bug was that the ones that shared (at worst between their own alt accounts) could do so in a way that would yield unlimited herbs with just an initial investment of one set of seeds. While I enjoyed sharing my garden with friends (all the while making sure to harvest each day, because it didn't feel right to just let my plants grow indefinitely) I really don't see another way they could fix properly.

EVERY other plant, tree and mine grows indefinitely. do you feel bad about iron mine or youre x-mass tree or youre normal mint?and you dont see any other way than to force people to buy 2000 gems?

sorry thats called p2w

@daggerdale.9043 said:

EVERY other plant, tree and mine grows indefinitely. do you feel bad about iron mine or youre x-mass tree or youre normal mint?and you dont see any other way than to force people to buy 2000 gems?

sorry thats called p2wEvery other node in your home instance is built and balanced to grow indefinitely. Ascended herbs by their very nature are made so they are one harvest only. Allowing those who are socially connected (or have invested in an alt account they can play simultaneously) to gather unlimited ascended herbs (that are, after all, tradeable) with no extra cost, while those who are not have to go through the process of gathering herbs, preparing compost, and replanting each day, doesn't seem off to you?

You do get one garden plot for free from the cooking collection by the way, that gives you four ascended herbs per day. Do you really use more than four ascended feasts on a daily basis? If that were a necessity for a large part of the playerbase, then I might be able to see a bit of p2w in this change, but I honestly can't imagine that the need for ascended herbs/food is really this big.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

sorry thats called p2wEvery other node in your home instance is built and balanced to grow indefinitely. Ascended herbs by their very nature are made so they are one harvest only. Allowing those who are socially connected (or have invested in an alt account they can play simultaneously) to gather unlimited ascended herbs (that are, after all, tradeable) with no extra cost, while those who are not have to go through the process of gathering herbs, preparing compost, and replanting each day, doesn't seem off to you?

You do get one garden plot for free from the cooking collection by the way, that gives you four ascended herbs per day. Do you really use more than four ascended feasts on a daily basis? If that were a necessity for a large part of the playerbase, then I might be able to see a bit of p2w in this change, but I honestly can't imagine that the need for ascended herbs/food is really this big.

extra acounts are not for free. they are locked behind a paywall. f2p acounts cant sell or trade or use guildbank. and till you get the infestment of 30€ back in gold it takes a long time. we talk about +-700 gold. that is what you get for 30€. you dont make 700 gold in week or month with ascended gattering. not even near that.lets do the math. befr patch prices where down to 30-40 silver for the good stuff. we have max 12 nodes. that would be, let me round up, 5 gold. so you need 140 days till you are at 0.

700/(0,4x12)= 140

and btw, those who have the time to multyacount get easy extra gardens for theyr 2. acount

yes agree you get 4 houres of ascended buffs every day. thats true. but whats with people that cant log on every day? whats about people who play more that 4h a day?and you totaly ignore the social part of the shared home.

do i use more than 4 ascended? yes that happens on raiddays quiet often. im the replacement healer of youre team when oure healer is late or has to go sooner. and depends on boss i need to switch between condi- and alak-rev. its not unnormal that i have to switch food 2 times in 1h. and it happend befor that i had to switch builds up to 3 times in 1h. and you know you dont just raid 1h when youre guild comes together.

than i would like to use that food in t4 fraktals. which makes 1 food a day.

whats with those WvW guys? i bet they dont want to miss that food. and you can do WvW more than 4h a day. ok not me, i dislike WvW.

so yea. 4 food a day is a bit short for me. i could work with 6, 8 is better. and than i just use it for special stuff.

@Rasimir.6239 said:Every other node in your home instance is built and balanced to grow indefinitely. Ascended herbs by their very nature are made so they are one harvest only.Yes, precisely - and that is the problem.

Allowing those who are socially connected (or have invested in an alt account they can play simultaneously) to gather unlimited ascended herbs (that are, after all, tradeable) with no extra cost, while those who are not have to go through the process of gathering herbs, preparing compost, and replanting each day, doesn't seem off to you?No, why would it? It didn't seem off with all the previous nodes, after all.

You do get one garden plot for free from the cooking collection by the way, that gives you four ascended herbs per day. Do you really use more than four ascended feasts on a daily basis?If i switch builds? Yes, definitely. In fact, i am sure that most people that do consistently use food buffs are the same. The people that use less food per day are usually people that don't feel the need to use food at all.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Anet just doesn't like the idea of cheap ascended food circulating around. They also want the farm plot in gems store to have value. Therefore, it is only business logical to not allow people to harvest it even if it is not consistent with the other nodes.Ascended cooking being so dependant on gemshop purchases is another can of worms, and something that should never have happened at all.