pet swap in beastmode?

Oogo.4083

is it possible to change how the current beast mode pet swapping works, i think it will be awesome if we can change pet on fly while in beast mode, intead of current version where we have to leave beast mode, change pet, wait for cool down, then change enter beast mode with other pet.

People keep asking for this not understanding how it would force Anet to make nerfs on all the merge abilities. Right now our F3 abilities are pretty strong and some of the F1 and F2 ones too. If we could switch between those with such a minimum penalty of only having or 20s/15s cooldown on the petswap, we would be absolutely overpowered.

I'll probably get flak for this (again), but I really hope Anet will never listen to these requests.

@Ranys.4028 said:People keep asking for this not understanding how it would force Anet to make nerfs on all the merge abilities. Right now our F3 abilities are pretty strong and some of the F1 and F2 ones too. If we could switch between those with such a minimum penalty of only having or 20s/15s cooldown on the petswap, we would be absolutely overpowered.

I'll probably get flak for this (again), but I really hope Anet will never listen to these requests.

We could get more burst but the cd stays the same, so what. Maybe some adjustments for PvP environments but I personally don't care about that.

If we get petswap in BM it'll come at some hefty nerfs, the main trade off to the super powerful F3 skills is that they effectively all share a 10s Cd, so you couldn't yank them all in with the versatility one and then world impact for example.

Not to mention it would be removing the counterplay for enemy players because they'd see you merge with, say a bear, and then you could swap to a wolf and chain knock them down and they'd have no way of knowing when you changed your pets.

At most I'd argue for the ability to hit F4 while in beast mode to change your pets and that doing so removes you from beast mode so you don't have to press 2 buttons. That and giving beast mode a 5s Cd on exiting, but locking you into BM for 5s upon entering.

Archived