Raid instance stealing

Majy.6792

Sorry, wasn't sure where else to put this - it seems like it is not an intended mechanic but I wouldn't quite call it a "bug".

For the first time this evening I tried to form my own raid to finish W4 and had the raid almost full, when a new person (Name: What Are Boons) suddenly joined and kicked me and half the other members. I assume him and a couple of other people who had joined decided they would just steal the raid instance.

I doubt the ability for someone to steal your raid instance is intended, and it seems unfair players should be able to skip raid bosses just by joining your squad and kicking you.

Perhaps Anet should make it so if you kick the instance opener, everyone gets removed from the raid instance?

@"Majy.6792" said:Sorry, wasn't sure where else to put this - it seems like it is not an intended mechanic but I wouldn't quite call it a "bug".

For the first time this evening I tried to form my own raid to finish W4 and had the raid almost full, when a new person (Name: What Are Boons) suddenly joined and kicked me and half the other members. I assume him and a couple of other people who had joined decided they would just steal the raid instance.

I doubt the ability for someone to steal your raid instance is intended, and it seems unfair players should be able to skip raid bosses just by joining your squad and kicking you.

Perhaps Anet should make it so if you kick the instance opener, everyone gets removed from the raid instance?

I guess noone in your squad had a commander tag, becouse he joining ans commander is the only way to kick anyone.

That is true, yes. It still isn't a very good customer experience to be kicked from your own raid (and have a lot of other innocent people who joined kicked) simply because I haven't been able to acquire the large amount of gold getting a commander tag requires. Maybe that's something they should give away for free since not having it benefits people with bad intentions.