Funny Voiceover Packs - Purchasable Through Gem Shop

I've been thinking lately, how hilarious it would be to have some comical alt voice over packs for characters.

Let's say they would be packs purchasable through the gem shop, and they would only effect playable races while the player was on that race. It wouldn't change long narratives in story sequences or anything like that. I'm talking only effecting the small stuff that we hear over and over all day while playing out in an explorable map, or wvw, or pvp. You know, when you get knocked down and your character screams something, or when it uses a particular skill and says something. Just all of that small stuff.

Here is one potential idea that I thought would be very entertaining to hear, while running around in wvw as example:

• A Char gets an alt voiceover kit that makes it sound like actual funny cat noises. When it first gets to be put into combat, it hisses. When it gets knocked down by a CC, it makes that "no no no no" weird cat noises. Never heard this before? Go youtube it, it's hilarious. When it uses an elite skill or gets a stomp on a player it roars like a Lion or something.

You get the general idea ^ Just stupid stuff that would be funny and entertaining to listen to. I'm sure others would have ideas for other voiceovers.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there.

The last time someone posted a thread about this I noted that as early as the 90's, Apple allowed custom sound packs to be used for its system sounds. There were some hilarious shareware packs back then, including Star Trek voices and sound effects, horror themed ones and the like. I even recall a particularly funny Elvis one. They were so enjoyable that if Anet made such sound packs I'd buy some from the gem store.

@Chichimec.9364 said:The last time someone posted a thread about this I noted that as early as the 90's, Apple allowed custom sound packs to be used for its system sounds. There were some hilarious shareware packs back then, including Star Trek voices and sound effects, horror themed ones and the like. I even recall a particularly funny Elvis one. They were so enjoyable that if Anet made such sound packs I'd buy some from the gem store.

Yeah I had thought the same thing. I'd actually be willing to skip gems and pay straight cash/credit for such comedy relief. I remember when my friend and I were playing Warcraft II in my basement when I was a teenager, back in the 90s. They let you completely edit out all voiceovers and replace it all with your own stupid recordings or whatever files you had to replace those sounds with. It was one of the funniest things I've personally ever experienced doing. It was great.