Sand Savant or Demonic Lore?

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am running (and enjoying) this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9CN9iV2AW9Cs9iFhBjqKkF6VRBgy1DQvuuXDsA-jRyXABjqPoxdAGWZwsq/gtSw5ODAAs8AdPCA9U6BA-e as my goto build for PvE (80%) and WvW (20%). In PvE I am using scepter torch most of the time and in wvw vice versa.But lately I am thinking about slotting Sand Savant - normal Sand Shades are really small and in most of the combats I have only 1-2 of them out, not utilizing minor traits fully. On the other hand bonus from Demonic lore is quite huge....

Anyone tried to compare these two traits bit more in depth?

I have been battling with that choice as well, but it's essentially Fun vs Effectiveness, at least for me.Demonic Lore is so much more effective though in the huge amount of DPS it adds, that I personally just can justify picking the more fun choice in Sand Savant for PvE.In WvW absolutely prefer Sand Savant as normal Shades are so small and consequent less, you might as well not bother using them at all with how easily they are avoided.Savant with it's still small, but at least noticeable radius and the lower CD for repositioning at least gives you a chance to catch a decent player every now and then.

Archived