Build for necro when duo with ranger (world pve/story)?

Shutteru.1243

Hi, can anyone give advice on my question in title? Up until now I've been using rabid gear with scepter/dagger. I want to try out scourge and support my duo friend when playing through story and completing PoF areas. I'm kinda new to necro so some help would be appreciated :)

@Shutteru.1243 said:Hi, can anyone give advice on my question in title? Up until now I've been using rabid gear with scepter/dagger. I want to try out scourge and support my duo friend when playing through story and completing PoF areas. I'm kinda new to necro so some help would be appreciated :)

This is what you can use right now but for PvE you'll want to stack expertise to increase your damage:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJArYnE9Cl9iV3AO3As9iFhBLKAkAGX6z196flqKkF6VA-jBxYgAi6B+V/BQ53iSQA-e

Grab Viper gear (or Traibazer if you are more interested about WvW than PvE) and use condition duration runes/sigils to achieve a good condition duration and do the Scourge's collection to gain the ascended torch. You can support your friend with might stacking, barrier sharing and condition cleanse/conversion.

Have fun!

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Shutteru.1243 said:Hi, can anyone give advice on my question in title? Up until now I've been using rabid gear with scepter/dagger. I want to try out scourge and support my duo friend when playing through story and completing PoF areas. I'm kinda new to necro so some help would be appreciated :)

This is what you can use right now but for PvE you'll want to stack expertise to increase your damage:

Grab Viper gear (or Traibazer if you are more interested about WvW than PvE) and use condition duration runes/sigils to achieve a good condition duration and do the Scourge's collection to gain the ascended torch. You can support your friend with might stacking, barrier sharing and condition cleanse/conversion.

Have fun!

Thanks for your input! The Viper gear seems nice but kinda expensive? I don't really get how I obtain it either. Only through crafting?

Right now I'm feeling kinda good running rabid cause I feel abit tanky with toughness (I've been playing squishy thief until now). Does Viper gear make me feel squishy? But maybe tankiness isn't needed in story/pof. It's nice in the jungle to be more tanky atleast

@Shutteru.1243 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

This is what you can use right now but for PvE you'll want to stack expertise to increase your damage:

Have fun!

Thanks for your input! The Viper gear seems nice but kinda expensive? I don't really get how I obtain it either. Only through crafting?

Right now I'm feeling kinda good running rabid cause I feel abit tanky with toughness (I've been playing squishy thief until now). Does Viper gear make me feel squishy? But maybe tankiness isn't needed in story/pof. It's nice in the jungle to be more tanky atleast

Viper makes you weaker to power damage but your damage will increase greatly.To obtain the stats you have to buy Insigna/Inscription from a Exalted Mastery Vendor (crafting)or converting your ascended gear at the mystic forge.

HoT selectable ascended gear can be the fastets way to obtain the stat for accessories (living world map's currencies)while for the ascended armor a conversion of a cheap set could be the best way.

Click here to see Yessith Armors

Archived