Warning to Anet about Changes to Gazelle

shadowpass.4236

Any changes to it must be made with consideration to how bad its AI is. If the damage is nerfed so that the pet drops into obscurity, but the AI is not improved to compensate for it, we will be left with another useless pet. (See Bristleback for more details.)

The attacks need to all have a "leap" mechanic to it so that it can hit moving targets with swiftness just as well as a player can. A good example of this is our Electric Wyvern. That being said, this is a more damage oriented pet, so I would recommend that its charge and f2 remain high damage abilities.

If the AI is not fixed, leave the pet as is. Its already fairly difficult to land any of its skills, its autos never hit in PvP, it dies fast, and skilled play with it should be rewarded. I'll end it with the fact that the "bug" only affects downed players and it acts as a "safe stomp" currently. On average, its charge will hit for 4k on a player, which is like another Maul.

Does a Moa'd ranger pet (after an enemy Mes moa transforms it) still perform better than non-Moa'd? (sadly i cant find the youtube video that quite clearly shows this)Is that because Moa form has a longer melee range than what ANet in its infinite wisdom decided to give the normal ranger pets?

@Sandzibar.5134 well the pets were changed awhile back and now perform better than there moad versions atleast. Most auto attacks got lunges attached to them.

My big problem with the current pets. IS WHY BY ALL GODS DO THEY TURN. WHY. There is no reason for this incredibly slow twitchy turning they do. It just... its BAD. Even worse on the gazelle when its trying to line up its charge. Oh you want it to charge something behind you? wait 3 seconds for it to turn around another second or two to rev up and HOPE the charge isnt dodged in that meantime. Like WHAT?!

@shadowpass.4236 said:its autos never hit in PvP

Speaking of which, even after the Pet ranges were increased on most of their melee attacks - especially the autos - Fanged Iboga and the Rock Gazelle were released with the default 130 range that most pets had on their auto attacks prior to the February update that changed all that.

Both these pets should have their auto attack ranges increased to 200 like the majority of melee Pets had to keep things on the level.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Any changes to it must be made with consideration to how bad its AI is. If the damage is nerfed so that the pet drops into obscurity, but the AI is not improved to compensate for it, we will be left with another useless pet. (See Bristleback for more details.)

The attacks need to all have a "leap" mechanic to it so that it can hit moving targets with swiftness just as well as a player can. A good example of this is our Electric Wyvern. That being said, this is a more damage oriented pet, so I would recommend that its charge and f2 remain high damage abilities.

If the AI is not fixed, leave the pet as is. Its already fairly difficult to land any of its skills, its autos never hit in PvP, it dies fast, and skilled play with it should be rewarded. I'll end it with the fact that the "bug" only affects downed players and it acts as a "safe stomp" currently. On average, its charge will hit for 4k on a player, which is like another Maul.

Don't tell me you beat me in all those duels with that bugged pet damage, I had no clue! hahaha I demand a rematch!

Lots of people running with it. I have to say I hot lapped it a couple runs last night. Hit a poor lad/lass for 16K and I'm pretty sure they didn't know what hit them. More often than not though it missed, was evaded, are ignored my every command. Pets in most games of similar playstyle are never balanced properly. I'd even go so far to say remove them unless you are going to dedicate the time and resources to balance them out. To include AI, management, and how you distribute the damage or sustain they provide.

What appears to be happening to us over the history of GW2 is that we always pay the price in the end of a new pet or feature. Rather than look at what the problem statement is and pet user story we end up with blanket / quick fixes that take the pet out of our use inventory.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Any changes to it must be made with consideration to how bad its AI is. If the damage is nerfed so that the pet drops into obscurity, but the AI is not improved to compensate for it, we will be left with another useless pet. (See Bristleback for more details.)

If the AI is not fixed, leave the pet as is. Its already fairly difficult to land any of its skills, its autos
never
hit in PvP, it dies fast, and skilled play with it should be rewarded. I'll end it with the fact that the "bug" only affects downed players and it acts as a "safe stomp" currently. On average, its charge will hit for 4k on a player, which is like another Maul.

Don't tell me you beat me in all those duels with that bugged pet damage, I had no clue! hahaha I demand a rematch!

Haha the bug only applies when a player is already downed. The damage came from the fact that I was specced heavily into pet burst damage. Asides from that, when you were alive and fighting, there were no bugs involved. I'm down for a rematch anytime though :)

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

If the AI is not fixed, leave the pet as is. Its already fairly difficult to land any of its skills, its autos
never
hit in PvP, it dies fast, and skilled play with it should be rewarded. I'll end it with the fact that the "bug" only affects downed players and it acts as a "safe stomp" currently. On average, its charge will hit for 4k on a player, which is like another Maul.

Haha the bug only applies when a player is already downed. The damage came from the fact that I was specced heavily into pet burst damage. Asides from that, when you were alive and fighting, there were no bugs involved. I'm down for a rematch anytime though :)

It happens if even if the target is up and standing, there was even a very funny video on YouTube show casing it getting over 48k with it multi hitting on a live target on sky hammer.

Archived