When will ANet finaly nerf conditions ?

Rewoken.1209

This is getting out of hand... conditions are bursting people down faster than power single target builds ! All AOE damage should be weak because its designed to hit up to 5 enemy's.Also Elites !! feels like ANed are giving them raw and unpolished, some Elites haw no synergy with whole Specialization. After Demo not much changed.Why ANet is not reacting to this huge imbalance ? Why ANet sits quietly and don't talk to us about pvp issues ? Are they all drunk of all the money they gathered from POF? witch by the way feels more like living story update rather than actual Expansion because after a week story is done, Griffon obtained and mastery's are maxed out.So many questions and no answers.I see News are full of useless things like:

• Comunity Showcase
  • The Arena Net streaming
  • Let's play Guild wars 2 Path Of Fire with devsWhat s going on ?

@Burnfall.9573 said:"You deserve honesty. You deserve transparency You deserve someone enough to never lie to your heart. You deserve appreciation. You deserve loyalty. You deserve someone who will never abuse your trust...... Know Your Worth, Never Settle For Less"

Poetry is in different forum buddy

Condi will never get nerfed by these dev team. They actually want condi builds to overshadow power builds completely. PoF was a even bigger step in this direction then HoT was. Condi builds will and continue to reign as long as the current people are balancing the game around PvE and not PvP or WvW. You just have to deal with it and adapt.

Conditions are not the problem as such. Just some classes apply way too much of some conditions way too quickly. Necromancers in general are a bit too strong on this side (specially bouncing them back), the Scourge spec has obvious huge flaws, Guardians can apply way too much fire.

In the meantime you have conditions like bleeding, confusion or torment that never really shined and despite that got nerfed because people cried about condition damage. The real problem lies in the fact that some classes/specs can apply conditions by huge stacks very easily with very low cooldown. The damage of conditions as such is quite balanced (underwhelming in the case of confusion I'd say, it should be reworked to actually create damage for each spell used instead of that super weird mechanic we have to this day). It makes sense to have a huge spike in damage if you have 10 stacks of fire, torment, bleeding, poison at the same time, the problem is only that some classes can actually apply all those stacks effortlessly (the Scourge basically randomly press F1 to F5 eyes closed and can do that in a huge area).

Also the boon resistance should be looked at and given to more classes and removed partially from warriors as they have way too much resistance nullifying any condition-based build which is simply put stupid. It's ok to "counter" but totally nullifying enemies damage at will is way too strong.

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:Condi will never get nerfed by these dev team. They actually want condi builds to overshadow power builds completely. PoF was a even bigger step in this direction then HoT was. Condi builds will and continue to reign as long as the current people are balancing the game around PvE and not PvP or WvW. You just have to deal with it and adapt.

I hate when other players are telling other players to "learn to adapt" seriously! Players have choices and are not obligated nor forced to adapt to anything. What is this a communist country? a dictatorship system? a slave system? a dictatorship system?

There are countless game out there including gaming companies who offer competitive gaming and take it seriously.

I give credit to you that Anet will never nerf condi as long current people are in charge of balancing this game but to threaten players to make 1 choice is just wrong.

Anet will Never learn as long players continue to trust them.

-by the way, there is an awakening going on: many players are awake and more will be awaken. The Truth can not be stopped-

Back from a several-year break, there's too many conditions and boons, it feels like. In my opinion they're not impossible to deal with, but feel way too chaotic and "spammy"; if you're not constantly burning cleanses, you'll just get eaten alive since they compensate for delayed damage with fewer tells and larger individual hits (if not cleansed), and boons now have absolutely ridiculous uptimes which makes them hard to play around without corruption.My preferred solution would be to drastically lower the number of conditions and boons applied, but cut down on cleanses/corrupts as well (and probably a small power boost to compensate). Totally unrealistic, but I think that it would help PvP/WvW health, since it feels more like Build vs Build than Player vs Player: if you don't have the requisite number of cleanses, you lose. If you don't have conditions, you lose to boons.

As an aside, it's comforting to know that whatever chaos may be present in the outside world, Burnfall is still the same. Stay woke buddy.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Reaper Alim.4176" said:Condi will never get nerfed by these dev team. They actually want condi builds to overshadow power builds completely. PoF was a even bigger step in this direction then HoT was. Condi builds will and continue to reign as long as the current people are balancing the game around PvE and not PvP or WvW. You just have to deal with it and adapt.

I hate when other players are telling other players to "learn to adapt" seriously! Players have choices and are not obligated nor forced to adapt to anything. What is this a communist country? or a dictatorship system?

There are countless game out there including gaming companies who offer competitive gaming and take it seriously.

I give credit to you that Anet will never nerf condi as long current people are in charge of balancing this game but to threaten players to make 1 choice is just wrong.

I am just going to let you know. I'm on your side. As a now ex Ranger main. I absolutely hated the fact they keep nerfing power while buffing the hell out of condi. BTW these effects can even be seen in PvE.

However it was time for me to grow up, and adapt to Condi AOE Wars. Now that I have it's not that bad. True, it blows that I can't use my beloved ranger and ele in PvP now without getting dumpstered. But whatever gold is gold all the same so condi builds help me get gold faster in this meta. So that's what I'll use..

BTW I'm still getting in matches where there are 4 DHs. Most of them just trap spam now in hopes of burst kill.

@"P Fun Daddy.1208" said:Back from a several-year break, there's too many conditions and boons, it feels like. In my opinion they're not impossible to deal with, but feel way too chaotic and "spammy"; if you're not constantly burning cleanses, you'll just get eaten alive since they compensate for delayed damage with fewer tells and larger individual hits (if not cleansed), and boons now have absolutely ridiculous uptimes which makes them hard to play around without corruption.My preferred solution would be to drastically lower the number of conditions and boons applied, but cut down on cleanses/corrupts as well (and probably a small power boost to compensate). Totally unrealistic, but I think that it would help PvP/WvW health, since it feels more like Build vs Build than Player vs Player: if you don't have the requisite number of cleanses, you lose. If you don't have conditions, you lose to boons.

As an aside, it's comforting to know that whatever chaos may be present in the outside world, Burnfall is still the same. Stay woke buddy.

hi long time friend, It's been so long :) I hope you're doing well. It nice to hear from you. (Yes, i haven't changed at all and is very awake..)

Unless you're a scourge condis are dogshit right now, nothing dies to it. Are we playing the same game ?

Just look at all the builds, only 2 classes runs condi, mesmer and scourge, all the other classes either runs a power based damage build or a support build.

I don't think anet knows how to balance pvp at this point. Everything is too far gone. That's why there is no official response to the countless complaints about pvp balance. In addition, it's like they don't even play their own game at times because they just made a post asking if we wanted Foefire's mid point to be made smaller to give Trap users and Scourges an even bigger advantage in conquest.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I don't think anet knows how to balance pvp at this point. Everything is too far gone. That's why there is no official response to the countless complaints about pvp balance. In addition, it's like they don't even play their own game at times because they just made a post asking if we wanted Foefire's mid point to be made smaller to give Trap users and Scourges an even bigger advantage in conquest.

Ah yes about Foefire's mid point is crazy too... what are they planing to accomplish ? This change will go in favor to Condy spammers :( PvP team is ruining this game for me .

Always wondered why ANet didn't put a cap on condis, like the degen in GW1.In GW1 the max amount of degen was iirc 10 pips, 20 dps, but if you had regen, the damage above the threshold would negate some of it or the total of it.Same thing could be done in GW2, of course they would have to shave a lot of resistance and condi cleanse to make up for this.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Always wondered why ANet didn't put a cap on condis, like the degen in GW1.In GW1 the max amount of degen was iirc 10 pips, 20 dps, but if you had regen, the damage above the threshold would negate some of it or the total of it.Same thing could be done in GW2, of course they would have to shave a lot of resistance and condi cleanse to make up for this.

Problem is a lot of the old condi cleanse was designed around 2012 and haven't been touched since around June 23, 2015 when Resistance was added. If those old condi cleanse (even some newer ones) gave some Resistance or cleanse cooldowns shortened, I think there would be way less complaints about Condi in PvP.

Interesting, i gave up on conditions because some classes/builds are completely immune to them, like eles, revenants and guardians. It's not funny when fighting ele or revenant for more then 10 sec with condi mesmer and they are still above 95% health.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Always wondered why ANet didn't put a cap on condis, like the degen in GW1.In GW1 the max amount of degen was iirc 10 pips, 20 dps, but if you had regen, the damage above the threshold would negate some of it or the total of it.Same thing could be done in GW2, of course they would have to shave a lot of resistance and condi cleanse to make up for this.They had a cap on conditions, and the result was that multiple condition users (and non-condition builds whose weapons/utilities applied conditions incidentally) actively interfered with each other. That's a large part of what made conditions unviable compared to power builds pre specialization patch.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Condi will never get nerfed by these dev team. They actually want condi builds to overshadow power builds completely. PoF was a even bigger step in this direction then HoT was. Condi builds will and continue to reign as long as the current people are balancing the game around PvE and not PvP or WvW. You just have to deal with it and adapt.

I hate when other players are telling other players to "learn to adapt" seriously! Players have choices and are not obligated nor forced to adapt to anything. What is this a communist country? or a dictatorship system?

I am just going to let you know. I'm on your side. As a now ex Ranger main. I absolutely hated the fact they keep nerfing power while buffing the hell out of condi. BTW these effects can even be seen in PvE.

However it was time for me to grow up, and adapt to Condi AOE Wars. Now that I have it's not that bad. True, it blows that I can't use my beloved ranger and ele in PvP now without getting dumpstered. But whatever gold is gold all the same so condi builds help me get gold faster in this meta. So that's what I'll use..

BTW I'm still getting in matches where there are 4 DHs. Most of them just trap spam now in hopes of burst kill.

Actually, I would say that right now LB/GS power Soulbeast is better than condi Chronomancer (or various other builds) by far, simply because it can easily counter Scourge and has the mobility to back cap when properly built. Apart from that, Scrapper (which is definitely power) is still going strong, Holosmith as a specialization is almost entirely power-based, Thieves are more often power than condi, and a fair number of Necros and Revenants are still running hybrid. Anything with one full cleanse and decent damage at range is at least somewhat viable, given how squishy Scourges are and how they tend to dominate any team fight. On the flip side, any condi spec is completely helpless against Spellbreaker (the other big build at the moment, and also running power by the way) unless it has considerable boon stripping.

So no, things are not nearly as one sided as people here are claiming, and I really don't see any problems with a Soulbeast running power.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Always wondered why ANet didn't put a cap on condis, like the degen in GW1.In GW1 the max amount of degen was iirc 10 pips, 20 dps, but if you had regen, the damage above the threshold would negate some of it or the total of it.Same thing could be done in GW2, of course they would have to shave a lot of resistance and condi cleanse to make up for this.They had a cap on conditions, and the result was that multiple condition users (and non-condition builds whose weapons/utilities applied conditions incidentally) actively interfered with each other. That's a large part of what made conditions unviable compared to power builds pre specialization patch.

I was not referring to limiting condi stacks, but put a cap to how much damage your overall condis do, for the sake of example let's say 5k, so each person can do a max of 5k condi dps to a target. Of course this would make ANet redesign a lot of stuff and at this point is not going to happen.

You see, stacking Condition Damage is highly needed in open world content to help newly Costumers alike getting their Achievement faster (e.g Power Play achievement) in open world bosses like Tequatl The Sunless, that is why some of their Developers are highly passionate about separating the balance since the cash out of Heart of Thorns™ which turns out laughable, am not saying better script win games, nope, but we shall see on how they tweak things going forward as always.

@Chapell.1346 said:You see, stacking Condition Damage is highly needed in open world content to help newly Costumers alike getting their Achievement faster (e.g Power Play achievement) in open world bosses like Tequatl The Sunless, that is why some of their Developers are highly passionate about separating the balance since the cash out of Heart of Thorns™ which turns out laughable, am not saying better script win games, nope, but we shall see on how they tweak things going forward as always.

How would condition help to achieve that? If you are going to make a bad joke at least use a boss where condition is needed.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

I hate when other players are telling other players to "learn to adapt" seriously! Players have choices and are not obligated nor forced to adapt to anything. What is this a communist country? a dictatorship system? a slave system? a dictatorship system?

-by the way, there is an awakening going on: many players are awake and more will be awaken. The Truth can not be stopped-

People have to adapt in a capitalist system or they are left behind as innovation and competition take over. People have to adapt in democracies as well. The necessity for adaption doesn't change with different economic or ruling policies. Only the freedom to change willingly and how you actually change is different. Both systems have persuasions to adapt and in both systems you are left out in the cold if you don't.

I don't know that comparing a game to real life models is really a good idea, but if you want to it can work only not the way you were saying. Adaption is necessary in a game because of innovation (new specilializations) and competition (varying level of skill between players). Especially in a mode such as PvP you cannot expect to get anywhere if you aren't constantly adapting to new competition and innovation.

So take as you will. Some sort of oppressive edict saying you must adapt or a nudge from a competitive system telling you that if you don't adapt you will be left behind. Either way the need is the same and the end result is the same.

Archived