Fun Boonshare Deadeye Build

DrakoBlade.1759

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4an0MZSk+iFPZdxOnwxYjTw+k/JL7EGft8WGM3CA1m2k3UIKcFA-jRSBQBU4AKQJ1Kwjun+t/wVU+dVVVMjSQA8kC8wFBIAwBAXHAkCg0lRA-e

The build above is built with the mentality of, "I am gonna give myself and allies boons, but when I get these boons I have more benefit than the allies." This way it's still a damage build but it does do boon sharing. Through No Quater and Be Quick or Be Killed, when you give others the boons of laying the mark on the enemy your Power, Precision, and Ferocity all raise from it. WIth the Mercy Utility, you can even continue to do it. Within this build, the weapons, for the most part, are up for change due to if you take a couple different variations of the build you would want different ones. When I was messing with the build I saw that if you want to stay power but change to allow for more boon duration you could go with Acro instead of Crit Strikes, and I even aw if you wanted to go either Condi or hybrid damage Deadly Arts would be better. If you go Acro, then I would recommend a sword instead of a dagger though and if you were to go deadly arts dual daggers would be better. In any of these variations, you could even pick dual pistols for the acro or the crit strikes depending on what you prefer and even shortbow if you decided to go for the Condi.

Within this specific build, you can sacrifice a little of damage for survivability through changing No Quarter to Invigorating Precision or Be Quick or Be Killed to Maleficent Seven. Depending on if you think you can keep the boons up long enough or not you could even switch out the few Harrier pieces into Berserker. This build just to get the basic idea of it is more just about doing damage and still bringing to the table the team play that power thieves have lacked in the past. In helping your fellow teammates you help yourself even more.

Just to say, I am completely welcome to criticism, just so long as it's helpful criticism and not something along the lines of, "Oh this build is crap." I do welcome that but, just say why it's crap, because I want to hear it and see how I could improve it. This is the first time I have posted a build to any game forum, even if I have made the builds for all my characters, something this time just said, "Why not see what the whole community says about it now rather than just the people you play with?" So, here we go, let's discuss it.

@DrakoBlade.1759 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU4an0MZSk+iFPZdxOnwxYjTw+k/JL7EGft8WGM3CA1m2k3UIKcFA-jRSBQBU4AKQJ1Kwjun+t/wVU+dVVVMjSQA8kC8wFBIAwBAXHAkCg0lRA-e

The build above is built with the mentality of, "I am gonna give myself and allies boons, but when I get these boons I have more benefit than the allies." This way it's still a damage build but it does do boon sharing. Through No Quater and Be Quick or Be Killed, when you give others the boons of laying the mark on the enemy your Power, Precision, and Ferocity all raise from it. WIth the Mercy Utility, you can even continue to do it. Within this build, the weapons, for the most part, are up for change due to if you take a couple different variations of the build you would want different ones. When I was messing with the build I saw that if you want to stay power but change to allow for more boon duration you could go with Acro instead of Crit Strikes, and I even aw if you wanted to go either Condi or hybrid damage Deadly Arts would be better. If you go Acro, then I would recommend a sword instead of a dagger though and if you were to go deadly arts dual daggers would be better. In any of these variations, you could even pick dual pistols for the acro or the crit strikes depending on what you prefer and even shortbow if you decided to go for the Condi.

Within this specific build, you can sacrifice a little of damage for survivability through changing No Quarter to Invigorating Precision or Be Quick or Be Killed to Maleficent Seven. Depending on if you think you can keep the boons up long enough or not you could even switch out the few Harrier pieces into Berserker. This build just to get the basic idea of it is more just about doing damage and still bringing to the table the team play that power thieves have lacked in the past. In helping your fellow teammates you help yourself even more.

Just to say, I am completely welcome to criticism, just so long as it's helpful criticism and not something along the lines of, "Oh this build is crap." I do welcome that but, just say why it's crap, because I want to hear it and see how I could improve it. This is the first time I have posted a build to any game forum, even if I have made the builds for all my characters, something this time just said, "Why not see what the whole community says about it now rather than just the people you play with?" So, here we go, let's discuss it.

Ok , outside of Bouniful theft and TOTC where are the shared boons coming from? Is it just the steal at range to apply boons to those nearby?

The problem as I see it is if you steal at range the things you share with BT and TOTC will only apply to allies at range with you. Very often this would mean those in the battle itself see no help coming from you. If you steal closeup in melee you are generally in and out very quickly and might only help a few allies. The TOTC steal is only one might stack which does not help a lot and swiftness and ferocity are generally easy for most any class to get on their own.

If you really want to boon share, and specifically through the new spec , I would suggest peripheral vision and Fire for Effect.

Fire for effect will apply MIGHT to 10 stacks to yourself and allies near you OR at range and is of greater consequence then TOTC boons.

Peripheral vision will apply boons to allies near the person targetted with your stolen item. If using mercy and or sword reset this can be significcant. As example apply at 5 stacks malice on a Stolen resistance using improv mixed with mercy and you can give allies 20 seconds resistance and up to 5 of them.

Now if you use those in addition to TOTC and BT , you can provide a whole lot of boons and by nature of the ammo system wherein the stolen item and its boon can be stored , you can be much more efficient at applying to allies. When you see four of your teams engaged with an enemy, rather then having to wait for your steal to come off Cooldown and ensure you are engaged so as to share your BT and TOTC shared with them, you can thwo in one of your stolen items and grant them all that boon.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@DrakoBlade.1759 said:

Ok , outside of Bouniful theft and TOTC where are the shared boons coming from? Is it just the steal at range to apply boons to those nearby?

The problem as I see it is if you steal at range the things you share with BT and TOTC will only apply to allies at range with you. Very often this would mean those in the battle itself see no help coming from you. If you steal closeup in melee you are generally in and out very quickly and might only help a few allies. The TOTC steal is only one might stack which does not help a lot and swiftness and ferocity are generally easy for most any class to get on their own.

If you really want to boon share, and specifically through the new spec , I would suggest peripheral vision and Fire for Effect.

Fire for effect will apply MIGHT to 10 stacks to yourself and allies near you OR at range and is of greater consequence then TOTC boons.

Peripheral vision will apply boons to allies near the person targetted with your stolen item. If using mercy and or sword reset this can be significcant. As example apply at 5 stacks malice on a Stolen resistance using improv mixed with mercy and you can give allies 20 seconds resistance and up to 5 of them.

Now if you use those in addition to TOTC and BT , you can provide a whole lot of boons and by nature of the ammo system wherein the stolen item and its boon can be stored , you can be much more efficient at applying to allies. When you see four of your teams engaged with an enemy, rather then having to wait for your steal to come off Cooldown and ensure you are engaged so as to share your BT and TOTC shared with them, you can thwo in one of your stolen items and grant them all that boon.

Okay so I did have the Peripheral Vision before, so I think I must have just been messing with something or another. I do agree on that, as for the boons on allies your right, it will mostly come from those 2 traits and Peripheral Vision. Your own boasts from this come from No Quater and Be Quick Or Be Killed, due to you applying fury to yourself you would get the benefits from No Quater and due to Be Quick Or Be Killed you would get the quickness and the boasts in both Power and Precision. This means that yes, there is that other option of if you want to become even more boonshare. If you were to go with say Fire for Effect then you would lose the precision gain and the quickness from that other trait but you would gain more boonshare. So you could say maybe pair that with Acro or something with the added concentration and recharge of your Mark when wielding a sword. Also as far as those boons the mark applies, the boons directly tied to the mark get applied near the marked target while the stolen skills apply close to those close to the thief the boons. With these, you could try to either be close to the ranged allies and boast them or go in with the dagger/pistol(in the case of the variation I have of the build) and boast the close ranged ones. You could even say that once a thief gets experienced with the new stolen skills and the icons then they could situationally decide who to go to give them the boons, but that last part would just be speculation.

Archived