[PVP] Deadeye D/P Variant

nastyjman.8207

This is still a work in progress, but I wanted to share a Deadeye D/P variant build that I'm toying with. I posted about a P/P build here, which I've found to be a one-trick pony because you're useless against retaliation and reflects.

To work around that, I've switched out P/P with D/P. So far, it's been stellar, but I need more testing to be really confident with it.

Da' Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBFPhNGDmOBUGjFYCTLBEA2N8Jzo510LNEHaDA-jZBXABaWGI5HBwxnAgnPCAAs/AA

Utility Rationale:

You have three stunbreaks: Haste, Shadowstep and Mercy. Since you do not have an immobilize cleanse, these will get you out of a stun or immob. Shadowstep will get you out of a lopsided fight, then spam Shortbow 5 to further escape.

You have condi cleanses from the Trickster trait and Shadow Return.

Shadow Meld is to hide you from sight when trying to decap far, reset from being targetted or aid your escape.

Deadly Arts Rationale

Mug is your soft heal and a bit of spike damage. With Mercy, you can refresh Deadeye's Mark to do another Mug. Because of Withdraw's reduced healing, you will compensate with Mug.

Panic Strike roots your target once they go down 50%. There really is no other trait to choose from, so this will do pig.

I traited Improvisation for the final trait because the stolen abilities really help in fights. Use the first immediately and then use the second when malice stacks to 5. Make sure to use all of it before reusing Deadeye's Mark.

Trickery Rationale

Thrill of the Crime buffs you and your allies for team fights.

Trickster is essential for the condi cleanses and the reduced cooldown. Withdraw is great to get you out of immob, but Haste is essential for stunbreak and DPS.

Sleight of Hand is another essential since it stuns your Mark and also reduces the cooldown of your Deadeye's Mark.

Deadeye Rationale with Dagger/Pistol:

Since Deadeye's Mark is a ranged Steal skill, you will abuse Shadow Shot as your gap closer. With Withdraw and Shadowstep giving you distance from your target, Shadow Shot is invaluable.

As soon as you Mark someone, do Shadow Shot, stun them with the Unforgiving trait and whittle them down with Be Quick or Be Killed (or BQBK) trait. Iron Sight trait is for added defense against your Mark.

Deadeye Rationale with Shortbow:

Since the dawn of time, Shortbow has been abused as the mobility weapon because of Infiltrator's Arrow (Shortbow 5). With Deadeye's Mark, the buffs you get from it pairs well with Shortbow since you are keeping your distance, contrast to Steal where you shadowstep to your target.

The stunlock from Unforgiving and Sleight of Hand keeps your target at bay. Use Shadow Meld to do a Surprise Shot to immobilize them.

If your target starts to reflect projectiles, switch weapons and Shadowshot to close the gap.

There you have it. Please critique! I'd like to improve on this since it's a really fun build to play with.

Why not go full burst using CS and capitalizing on the Hidden Killer/ Shadow Meld combo?CS works well with Thrill of the Crime too for extended Fury.CS also works well with BQ0BK where the Prec bonus is converted to Ferocity.If you change your runes to Wurms, you'll have higher vitality and ferocity which works well with Hidden Killer.The vitality from Marauder also feeds the Wurm for more Ferocity.

Also, I find that Signet of Shadow is underrated which is unfortunate since after using Shadow Shot, you can pop this signet to apply 10 stacks of Vulnerability for maximum burst.

Here's my suggestion:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBFPhNGDmOBUGjFYCTLBEA2N8Jzo510LNEHaDA-jZBXABaWGI5HBwxnAgnPCAAs/AA

EDIT: That was his build, sorry about that. Here's my suggested build;http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBNOhFOBeOBUGjFfCzrJUFiC8rya5ucLA8aaAA-jpxTABAs/wzPAArPEAnWGg7jAA1nAAA

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:Why not go full burst using CS and capitalizing on the Hidden Killer/ Shadow Meld combo?CS works well with Thrill of the Crime too for extended Fury.CS also works well with BQ0BK where the Prec bonus is converted to Ferocity.If you change your runes to Wurms, you'll have higher vitality and ferocity which works well with Hidden Killer.The vitality from Marauder also feeds the Wurm for more Ferocity.

Also, I find that Signet of Shadow is underrated which is unfortunate since after using Shadow Shot, you can pop this signet to apply 10 stacks of Vulnerability for maximum burst.

Here's my suggestion:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBFPhNGDmOBUGjFYCTLBEA2N8Jzo510LNEHaDA-jZBXABaWGI5HBwxnAgnPCAAs/AA

I am a big fan of CS in a DE power build as I think it superior to DA Your link has no CS selected so I am a bit confused :)

@nastyjman.8207 said:I found that DA works well with the spammable Deadeye Mark and how it synergizes with Mug and Improvisation. Haven't tried CS yet, but will try it next.

So far, I've changed the loadout again. I've switched Withdraw with the stealth heal for the cleanse and the target reset.

All three of the GMs in CS work every well with DE so give each version a shot or better yet a few shots.

Archived