Can't buy gems. No explanation.

jaif.3518

I was attempting to purchase gems with my credit card. I hit confirm, and after a moment there was a message in red with the word "error" in it, but it was much to fast to read. I checked my credit card company, and no transactions have been registered today.

I understand that there are occasional problems, but the lack of accountability here is very bad. Please provide an easy way to track all transactions, including failures. The message was so fast I did not even notice it the first time I tried. This is unacceptable when dealing with money.

-Jeff

I had that problem too a while back. For me the solution was to contact the support and they let me know that the company handling the transactions simply blocked my account for unknow reasons. Or more the automatic system running that i assume! So i gues a manual testing if all is good was done and i was able to purchase gems again.To put you at ease there was no money at all taken form my account, although i also tried to purchase gems three times ingame with my credit card.I never had to run after my money, that company handling the credit card transactions made a mistake. I only whish Arenanet can get out of that contract and get a more reliable partner doing their job better.

Sadly the item i wanted, was no longer available in the gemstone store... It was an item which also a friend could not gifted to me. So the item was available again in the store about a year later or so and this time it all worked.

So far no more issues with purchasing gems.

This has been happening for years for a number of users. Support can usually help but there are no structural solutions and the error messages are way too vague vor any user to understand where the problem is exactly.

I don't understand this, because it appears as ANet is just saying: Bleh! Money. We don't want any of that!

So, you got two options:

1. Contact support and try to get an explanation from there.
  2. Google a bit for "Guild Wars 2 gem card 2000" and buy gems via retail shop or a 3rd party online shop.

Having the same problem. Completely ridiculous that they blame the problem on everything but themselves. Error messages that blink up and go away to fast to read. 4 different cards all fail. Get error message that paypal is not available at this time, try again later. 1 card worked but couple days later it does not. Verified bank is not denying any transactions. Submit trouble tickets but never get response.

@pwenzel.7514 said:Having the same problem. Completely ridiculous that they blame the problem on everything but themselves. Error messages that blink up and go away to fast to read. 4 different cards all fail. Get error message that paypal is not available at this time, try again later. 1 card worked but couple days later it does not. Verified bank is not denying any transactions. Submit trouble tickets but never get response.

You will always get a response when submitting a ticket through the web-form. Unless, your email provider blocks said responses.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@pwenzel.7514 said:Having the same problem. Completely ridiculous that they blame the problem on everything but themselves. Error messages that blink up and go away to fast to read. 4 different cards all fail. Get error message that paypal is not available at this time, try again later. 1 card worked but couple days later it does not. Verified bank is not denying any transactions. Submit trouble tickets but never get response.

You will
always
get a response when submitting a ticket through the web-form. Unless, your email provider blocks said responses.

I don't consider the useless canned automatic crap in my email an response.