Can we get a guaranteed Mystic clover recipe?

Friday.7864

Something like 3 times the amount of materials for 10 clovers.I spent 100MC for 10 clovers (with the crazy MC prices) while someone else got 30 of them for 30MC - that was infuriating.Getting the rest was also nowhere close to the promised 30% drop rate.I have no intention of crafting another legendary while RNG is in play and I don't know what I'm getting myself into - cost wise.

Some additional notes:

• No, I do not want to spend all my fractal relics on clovers. I need dozens of thousands of those for other things already.
  • A legendary is not something I must get my hands on - it's a potential side project that could be fun if it wasn't for the RNG
  • I won't farm Magic-Warped Bundles or WvW for them, there's other, fun stuff, to do in the game
  • Yes, I realize the clovers will pile up from monthly login rewards - i'll use em every 8 months or so lol
  • Very important: I have absolutely no problem with ignoring legendaries from now on, I got the one I wanted, so take this as a suggestion you can agree or disagree with without any unnecessary lectures how I can farm them or how I simply had a bad run :)

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... you are asking for a ‘guaranteed’ recipe yet you are unwilling to do the ‘guaranteed’ content for clovers...

So.. can you explain how this isn’t entitled?

I'm playing GW2 to have fun, not to turn my brain into a vegetable by WvW-ing or farming bundles for weeks or months.And as I said, fractal relics I need by the 10s of thousands already.Also, stop throwing that word around carelessly, no one would be entitled to anything as the recipe could be used by everyone.I don't see what's so wrong with a choice between relying on luck or paying more to not rely on RNG which so many of us hate.

@Friday.7864 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... you are asking for a ‘guaranteed’ recipe yet you are unwilling to do the ‘guaranteed’ content for clovers...

So.. can you explain how this isn’t entitled?

I'm playing GW2 to have fun, not to turn my brain into a vegetable by WvW-ing or farming bundles for weeks or months.

Agreed. Do the recipe then. Take your chances

And as I said, fractal relics I need by the 10s of thousands already.

That is a choice. You are choosing to not use them. Which is fine, but it’s a choice that the game is not forcing you to do.

Also, stop throwing that word around carelessly, no one would be entitled to anything as the recipe could be used by everyone.

Everyone would benefit from being able to get LIs from open world content but it’s raid content. It should stay there even though I would like it and I don’t want to raid.

I don't see what's so wrong with a choice between relying on luck or paying more to not rely on RNG which so many of us hate.

You have that choice. Spend money for legendaries.

Or., for those gen 2 ones, do the content that has the items or pay more money for coins.

More choices are always a good thing.It's sad how badly you are against changes that would get other people more involved with the game.Also, due to your conservative nature further discussion seem to be pointless. So I shall end it with the conclusion that you strongly disagree with this ^^Have a nice day tho o/

@Friday.7864 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:There are already many ways to get them outside of crafting.

I know ^^But I would like to spend my gold and mystic coins to get them without having to rely on RNG.Even if it's a bit more than the average that's mentioned on the wiki.

There are several ways which doesn’t rely on RNG. Besides, they’re called mystic clovers for a reason.

There is for me, I'd appreciate it if you would respect that without trying to overshadow my opinion with "no there's no need" each time i say something. TyAnd I really don't care what the game was like years ago, no offense.We didn't have nice things back then so new players should have it either - is what all the opposition sounds like to me. As the forum is likely full of vetarans.

Personally i don't think it is a problem because their are non rng ways to get it.You said you won't use them because you need the relics but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

On a sidenote, are you using the 1 or 10 recipe?

EDIT: More choice isn't always better. (It's called the paradox of choice if you are interested)

It’s a discussion. Our opinion is that we disagree with your premise..

If that ‘overshadows’ you, I don’t know what to tell you.

Otherwise, it’s only an echo chamber..

Maybe I’ll put it this way: the Gift Of Battle is an oft mentioned item that people in this section of the forum would like a different way to obtain. The 8-10 hours of WvW is something they dislike. The running answer is: legendaries are designed to require you to play multiple modes to get.

We are noting that there are multiple ways to get clovers that are guaranteed, along with one way (that coin for coin) is far more reliable in the single clover recipe.

As a side note: this ISNT how it’s always been. Initially there was only the clover recipes. There wasn’t ways to acquire them otherwise at release.

@"Friday.7864" said:There is for me, I'd appreciate it if you would respect that without trying to overshadow my opinion with "no there's no need" each time i say something. TyAnd I really don't care what the game was like years ago, no offense.We didn't have nice things back then so new players should have it either - is what all the opposition sounds like to me. As the forum is likely full of vetarans.

There are already guaranteed ways to get them that didn’t exist at the beginning of the game. The only issue with those is that you don’t want to do them and want an additional method added that suits your personal tastes.

@yann.1946 said:On a sidenote, are you using the 1 or 10 recipe?

They’re doing the x10.

Roughly 99% of the time where someone complains about the MF recipe it is because they’re doing the x10 recipe while expecting the ~33% drop rate. All of this while not factoring in probability; specifically, law of large numbers or whatever it’s called.

@Friday.7864 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:There are already many ways to get them outside of crafting.

I know ^^But I would like to spend my gold and mystic coins to get them without having to rely on RNG.Even if it's a bit more than the average that's mentioned on the wiki.

The wiki price is absolutely accurate. Just never ever use the recipe for 10 and instead do them one at a time. You're asking for a recipe and there are two out there already, in addition to several(not just one) method and then you say you're aware of all these, are willing to pay MORE and just don't want the rng and THAT is available as well, by buying the legendaries straight out from the tp.

You also mention that you've already made the legendary you want, so I truly do not get this request at all. Incidentally, unless you're making 37816378 legendaries, your best bet are the unrepeatable pvp/wvw reward tracks. Since you, the OP, have already crafted your legendary, and are making this request on behalf of as-yet-unspecified people, I recommend the reward tracks. Do the easy dailies for the potions, the tracks will be finished before you can gather your materials.

I'd be down for a guarenteed recipe, but I can see the slope now - get recipe for surefire clovers costing 3x mats? "guarenteed recipe costs too much! Nerf it!" - gets nerfed "why is it only one? The random has 10X chance!" And so on.

The methods available now are already decent-ish. Plus the clovers aren't intended to be something easily farmed for. I mean you can, yes, but that s not the point of them. I don't really like that either, but 8 leggies later I'm kinda ok with it.

@"Wisty.4135" said:I'd be down for a guarenteed recipe, but I can see the slope now - get recipe for surefire clovers costing 3x mats? "guarenteed recipe costs too much! Nerf it!" - gets nerfed "why is it only one? The random has 10X chance!" And so on.

The methods available now are already decent-ish. Plus the clovers aren't intended to be something easily farmed for. I mean you can, yes, but that s not the point of them. I don't really like that either, but 8 leggies later I'm kinda ok with it.

Obviously, if the intent is to get around the RNG, the exchange rate would have to be substantially worse otherwise the RNG recipe becomes obsolete. It would likely cost 5x to 10x the materials to make one guaranteed.

@mtpelion.4562 said:

@"Wisty.4135" said:I'd be down for a guarenteed recipe, but I can see the slope now - get recipe for surefire clovers costing 3x mats? "guarenteed recipe costs too much! Nerf it!" - gets nerfed "why is it only one? The random has 10X chance!" And so on.

Obviously, if the intent is to get around the RNG, the exchange rate would have to be substantially worse otherwise the RNG recipe becomes obsolete. It would likely cost 5x to 10x the materials to make one guaranteed.

That's my point, but there'll be complaints about the exchange rates and calls for nerfs. It's a whole thing that I think is best just left untouched. RNG sucks but it's waaaaay better than the (potential) alternatives.

Plus, as mentioned elsewhere in this discussion there do exist non RNG ways to get them that aren't really meant to be farmed, but more intended as gradual accumulation. These have worked really well for me so far - logins, PVP and WVW reward tracks, etc. I usually have 100-ish clovers by the time I'm ready to craft my next leggy, about every 5 months.

If you're gonna complain about something like its a game ruining thing, at least make it meaty. This is like a fan fiction level of antagonism...... aka the threat is actually just mild inconvenience, but needs to be played up because the Victim complex needs an injustice to decry.

Theres at least 5 things about Mystic coins worse then what you're describing...... and those aren't even holding a candle to the actual, difficult to avoid bottle necks in Legendary weapon production. I can make 500-1000 gold just selling crap during ONE festival; thats enough to cover the MC cost in the span of 2 weeks.

So tell me again how your sample size of "10" supersedes everything we know about Statistical Analysis practices?

@Friday.7864 said:Something like 3 times the amount of materials for 10 clovers.I spent 100MC for 10 clovers (with the crazy MC prices) while someone else got 30 of them for 30MC - that was infuriating.Getting the rest was also nowhere close to the promised 30% drop rate.

If someone managed to get 30 clovers from a mystic forge using only 30 MC, they are incredibly lucky (bordering on close to impossible if they used recipes for 1 clover).

The drop rate of 30% is pretty accurate, according to my best knowledge. However, since mystic forge events are independent (each individual forging yields a clover with the probability of 30% regardless of outcomes of all other attempts) you are guaranteed to get 30% only if you make a significant number of attempts. The more you forge, the closer your result will be to 30%. A small number of attempts may not have 30% outcome: It is not that the game is rigged against you, it is your sample size that is too small.

Since you do not need 10 000 clovers, the best strategy is to use the 1 clover recipe. It will maximise the number of attempts and, therefore, get you closer to the expected 30% outcome. However, please, keep in mind that 30% is not guaranteed. It is an expectation.

I would also suggest making clovers before you start working on gifts requiring T6 materials. This way the results of failed clover forging attempts will still be useful for your legendary crafting and may lessen the frustration of dealing with RNG.

As for guaranteed ways to get clovers, I think that we need more of them than we already have. I believe that the current situation caters to all major player groups:

1. free and guaranteed clovers from login rewards for players who do not mind to wait
  2. cheap or free, but time-gated, guaranteed clovers from various reward tracks and the fractal merchant for players who do not mind farming materials
  3. mystic forge recipes for players that have some disposable income and do not like to wait