Glyph of Reaping is STILL BROKEN

DeWolfe.2174

On the new patch it states as a ""bug fix"", "Disabled the Glyph of Reaping in instances for players who are not instance owners."

THAT is unacceptable!!!!! I bought 24 of them when they first were introduced to use across characters and accounts in WVW, in my Guild Halls, and in my home instances.It's entirely unacceptable to have removed this function as they are WORTHLESS now.Restore their full functionality as that is what I purchased and they worked wonderfully.THEN fix specifically whatever is wrong from when you added lvl 500 Cooking.

THAT is the JUST thing to do.

@"DeWolfe.2174" said:On the new patch it states as a ""bug fix"", "Disabled the Glyph of Reaping in instances for players who are not instance owners."

THAT is unacceptable!!!!! I bought 24 of them when they first were introduced to use across characters and accounts in WVW, in my Guild Halls, and in my home instances.It's entirely unacceptable to have removed this function as they are WORTHLESS now.Restore their full functionality as that is what I purchased and they worked wonderfully.THEN fix specifically whatever is wrong from when you added lvl 500 Cooking.

THAT is the JUST thing to do.

If you're the instance owner it still works.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Are you not the 'instance owner' in your own Home Instances?

Pretty sure that's what the patch note was referring to.

Not to mention, it's been removed.

I have to admit, the phrasing of this patch note is a bit unclear to me. I have not tested this yet myself, but If the fix is to disable the reaping glyph if you are not the instance owner, then the OP has a point. Shared home instance farming is an extremely common thing. If the glyph only works for the owner, then this is a big problem.

I will have to wait for reset before I can test it myself as I have already farmed for today.

If it also is no longer going to work in the guild halls and WvW, then this is not good either and certainly diminishes the value of the tool.

I finally had a chance to test this out in a home instance. I can now say that I am VERY disappointed with this fix. Indeed, only the instance owner can "reap". Everyone else is limited to single node gathering. In my opinion, I do not consider this an acceptable solution to the original problem with ascended mats. I can only hope someone is paying attention and work will continue to restore the original reaping functionality to everyone.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Put a ticket for refund with customer service if you are that unhappy.

That is an option, but not a solution. This "fix" is not really a fix. It's a work around to another problem. I'd like a glyph that works as it did before, not this limited version. I am not being unreasonable when I express my disappointment with this solution. No need for the dismissive tone.

The Glyph of Reaping works again in WvW and Guild Halls.Now, all you have to do is get them working in home instances again for those who are NOT the instance owner.I bought these to be able to run my accounts thru my home instance.If you want to disable them from working on the Garden Plots, that's fine for now.

But, the Glyph should work on everything else in my home instance.It's my accounts, running thru my home instance, and it should darn well work!

If I would have know this was going to cost me the ability to use the Glyph of Reaping, I wouldn't have ever bought Garden plots or bothered with lvl 500 cooking.