[spoiler] disapointed with Deeper and Deeper

Ayakaru.6583

first of, the new map is amazing. And even for a prologue chapter, there is so much to do, and such extensive storytelling, that it beats some of the older living world maps.Kudos to all staff! you managed to raise the bar a good leap for this living sto - saga

Now, I have one gripe.During Deeper and Deeper, you gain the illusion of a charr superior, and I am a little sad to say.. all we get a pink cloud.I thought Kasmeer was a master illusionist. Why don't we turn into Steelcatcher? Or get like a ghost-like model of them over us.Instead.. just a pink cloud..kind of a let down. Immersion down the drain in that part.

but, thats one instance, so I won't berate the rest of the game over it. Just a missed oppertunity for immersion and story quality, is all

@Randulf.7614 said:Prob because people complain they have their character replaced, so this is their way of getting round that

So do they it one way. people complain. We do it the other way, the other half complains.We're going to pendulum this decision back and forth?I personally don't think they should listen to the community too much if it's a choice about game quality

Didn't her illusions during the PoF storyline work the same?

Besides, a large part of that story step is open world, not instanced, and can very well be done alongside events and whatever on the map. It's the perfect setup to casually follow the story while playing other parts of the map inbetween. Forcing people (especially those not used to movement of a male charr character) to either get through/abandon the story step as quickly as possible or play on a generic charr character instead of one of their own design runs oposite to the "do it anyway you like" design of interweaving story and map that ANet has employed here.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Prob because people complain they have their character replaced, so this is their way of getting round that

So do they it one way. people complain. We do it the other way, the other half complains.We're going to pendulum this decision back and forth?I personally don't think they should listen to the community
too much
if it's a choice about game quality

Well they went one way and I think made the right call given it isn’t instanced for the most part.

@"Rattengeist.8165" said:We also get the same pink cloud during PoF when Kas turns us into Archon Iberu so it's nothing "new"

Personally I prefer the pink cloud over a real Transformation because the illusion spell is not exclusive to a story instance. It would be awkward to run around as a Charr with a sylvari/asura/norn voice in the open world.

yea, I also complained about it during the PoF, since they did it again.. I felt like complaining again. Its just such a painful stab to look at. (who cares if the game looks right, you know?)

As for the open world, it's pretty easy to do client side animations. Stealth is the oldest mechanic with a clientside animation.