Balance Update

Acheron.4731

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

"Nerf cor it hit too hard and invisible!".

They might as well replace the skill as its trash anyhow with the only thing propping it up is the low recharge and energy cost.

Wait! Cor is trash? Why is it used so much to melt zergs then?

"Melt" zergs? It's used so much because it isn't a projectile and its recharge and energy cost make it practically free to cast. They could nerf its damage down to 5k against glass targets and people would still use it. That doesn't make it a good skill as anyone who has actually used it knows it has a garbage cascade.

The best way to nerf cor would have been increasing its energy cost to 10 or 15 and it's recharge to 8 or 10 but then they would have to actually fix the skill.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:you know whats probably a brilliant solution, is to have CoR apply blind. that way pirateshipping zergs will blind spam each other and the meleetrain can commence!

More people should be utilizing blind in zerging imo. I'd kill to have well of darkness /nightfall on revenant. I want to play reaper but the second I do the enemy thieves, mesmers and pewpew rangers start harassing the scourges unchecked. It just kills me to see people complain about hammer rev when it's a zerging build that can protect them by running that type of stuff down with phase traversal.

@"Hitman.5829" said:And my warrior will still play dragon banner or else "battles" are going to be BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.When will Anet address the pirate ship BS?If you play warrrior, you are forced to play along side the pirate ship BS. Why?

• Because people don't push, as simple as that!

Why don't they push? because they instantly die to the insane RANGE DAMAGE!Anet needs to:

• reduce range damage
  • Reduce target cap on range skills from 5 to 2

This will force people to fight melee once again like in the GLORIOUS DAYS when GW2 was released.

The days when people were leaving in droves prior to HoT, the very days when the melee train existed. Leaving because (exactly as they say now), the meta was stale. The quickest thing that would kill WvW is going back to that trash melee meta. It alienates too many players and still flat out ignores the single and sole problem in all WvW, the guardian, and them doing far too much. The meta will never change until they are completely gutted. Instead of doing 7-8 things extremely well, they need to be on par with every other class who only do 1-2 things well.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:And my warrior will still play dragon banner or else "battles" are going to be BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.When will Anet address the pirate ship BS?If you play warrrior, you are forced to play along side the pirate ship BS. Why?
  • Because people don't push, as simple as that!

Why don't they push? because they instantly die to the insane RANGE DAMAGE!Anet needs to:
  • reduce range damage
  • Reduce target cap on range skills from 5 to 2

This will force people to fight melee once again like in the
GLORIOUS DAYS
when GW2 was released.

The days when people were leaving in droves prior to HoT, the very days when the melee train existed. Leaving because (exactly as they say now), the meta was stale. The quickest thing that would kill WvW is going back to that trash melee meta. It alienates too many players and still flat out ignores the single and sole problem in all WvW, the guardian, and them doing far too much. The meta will never change until they are completely gutted. Instead of doing 7-8 things extremely well, they need to be on par with every other class who only do 1-2 things well.

Are you inferring that pirate ship fights are better than melee fights?Nobody on their right mind would infer that 10 minute of pirate ship staring at each other is better than 10 minutes of pure combat melee fights of pure joy!

In the current pirate ship state, we get:

• 10+ minutes of staring at each other
  • 1 minute of fighting

In the past, we got:

• 10 minutes of fighting
  • 10 seconds of empowering.

@"Justine.6351" said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

They might as well replace the skill as its trash anyhow with the only thing propping it up is the low recharge and energy cost.

Bruh, my CoR's hit 15k's on the regular and I've seen them go as high as 20k. Couple that with Phase Smash, which hits equally as hard, and you can easily insta-down a small cluster of players by yourself. With two attacks. Each on less than a 10 second cooldown.

Hammer is difficult to use in 1v1's, outside of that, it's backline damage potential is off the freaking charts. The only reason more people don't die to it is because most people just spam it off cooldown and don't know where to properly align it so that it hits the most players. Basically any time I play Rev in a zerg I'm insta-downing multiple at a time.

CoR has always been absurd. Although I don't think the visual marker will do a whole lot for helping people to avoid it - because most people are blind anyway - the damage reduction is good. It is 100% needed.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

Bruh, my CoR's hit 15k's on the regular and I've seen them go as high as 20k. Couple that with Phase Smash, which hits equally as hard, and you can
easily
insta-down a small cluster of players by yourself. With two attacks. Each on less than a 10 second cooldown.

Hammer is difficult to use in 1v1's, outside of that, it's backline damage potential is off the freaking charts. The only reason more people don't die to it is because most people just spam it off cooldown and don't know where to properly align it so that it hits the most players. Basically any time I play Rev in a zerg I'm insta-downing multiple at a time.

CoR has always been absurd. Although I don't think the visual marker will do a whole lot for helping people to avoid it - because most people are blind anyway - the damage reduction is good. It is 100% needed.

Guy, show a vid please. I really do wanna see someone landing back to back 15k cor damage repeatedly. I've checked because I wanted to see how people were supposedly doing so much work with their hammer that I couldn't figure out, you know, to improve.

I am not even going to debate the necessity for damage reduction, all I gonna say is don't expect people to suddenly call CoR balanced because its getting yet another damage nerf. It wont stop, nor will complaints about its visibility.

What I would like is for the cascade to finally not suck so bad since the skill is getting nerfs but is still trash.

Hammer is a slow hard hitting weapon. People don't like getting hit hard with it so when they finally nerf its damage down to like 5k strikes all it will be is a slow weapon.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

Bruh, my CoR's hit 15k's on the regular and I've seen them go as high as 20k. Couple that with Phase Smash, which hits equally as hard, and you can
easily
insta-down a small cluster of players by yourself. With two attacks. Each on less than a 10 second cooldown.

Guy, show a vid please. I really do wanna see someone landing back to back 15k cor damage repeatedly. I've checked because I wanted to see how people were supposedly doing so much work with their hammer that I couldn't figure out, you know, to improve.

I am not even going to debate the necessity for damage reduction, all I gonna say is don't expect people to suddenly call CoR balanced because its getting yet another damage nerf. It wont stop, nor will complaints about its visibility.

What I would like is for the cascade to finally not suck so bad since the skill is getting nerfs but is still trash.

Hammer is a slow hard hitting weapon. People don't like getting hit hard with it so when they finally nerf its damage down to like 5k strikes all it will be is a slow weapon.

I'll work on a video this weekend for you. I can either share it here or I can message you directly. I'll probably message you though because I don't think anyone will want to see backline Rev gameplay as it's about as boring to watch as it gets.

I understand and I agree. These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to. I don't doubt people will continue to complain but I do think the nerfs they have listed are necessary. For now that's all I care. If ANet announces that they'll be nerfing it again in the future, then I'll speak up.

I also know that hammer Rev is your main and I understand your passion for the class/weapon. Although I did mean to sound a little sarcastic, I didn't mean to offend. I'm just not worried about what ANet might do to Rev hammer because thus far, CoR has had a damage reduction + cooldown increase shortly after HoT release, and a few skills have gained AOE markers like Drop The Hammer and Phase Smash. Otherwise, they've hardly been touched despite how long people have been saying the damage is too much.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:you know whats probably a brilliant solution, is to have CoR apply blind. that way pirateshipping zergs will blind spam each other and the meleetrain can commence!

More people should be utilizing blind in zerging imo. I'd kill to have well of darkness /nightfall on revenant. I want to play reaper but the second I do the enemy thieves, mesmers and pewpew rangers start harassing the scourges unchecked. It just kills me to see people complain about hammer rev when it's a zerging build that can protect them by running that type of stuff down with phase traversal.

I think it would be sweet if renegade was buffed and given aoe blinds on razorclaw. as well as the obvious change of making their summons invuln. I mean how hard can it be to realize these guys are useless without invuln… sometimes all you can do is just shake your head.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to.

Otherwise, they've hardly been touched despite how long people have been saying the damage is too much.

But do they though? actually... listen?

Oh they've heard.But what's a grunt to do?Boss says:

• 4 weeks later...

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

easily

I'll work on a video this weekend for you. I can either share it here or I can message you directly. I'll probably message you though because I don't think anyone will want to see backline Rev gameplay as it's about as boring to watch as it gets.

I understand and I agree. These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to. I don't doubt people will continue to complain but I
do
think the nerfs they have listed are necessary. For now that's all I care. If ANet announces that they'll be nerfing it again in the future, then I'll speak up.

I also know that hammer Rev is your main and I understand your passion for the class/weapon. Although I did mean to sound a little sarcastic, I didn't mean to offend. I'm just not worried about what ANet might do to Rev hammer because thus far, CoR has had a damage reduction + cooldown increase shortly after HoT release, and a few skills have gained AOE markers like Drop The Hammer and Phase Smash. Otherwise, they've hardly been touched despite how long people have been saying the damage is too much.

So did you finish the vid for me?

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

I understand and I agree. These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to. I don't doubt people will continue to complain but I
do
think the nerfs they have listed are necessary. For now that's all I care. If ANet announces that they'll be nerfing it again in the future, then I'll speak up.

I did not for unforeseen reasons, as convenient as that may sound. My laptop is on it's last legs and it has been struggling to handle recording at the same time as playing GW2 lately. I get severe frame lag to the point that my screen will freeze for 2 - 3 seconds every so often while recording is active. If you'd like to see an example of what that frame lag looks like you can follow this link here. At around 1:17 everything comes to a complete halt and this happens multiple times during the video.Also for context; this was kind of a "test" video. I wanted to see how much my laptop could handle and how it looked after being uploaded to Youtube. I never had these issues a few months ago but, hopefully I can replace this thing before it goes ka-put.

And CoR sucks now because it never hits anything and when it does it doesn't do much. I didn't think it deserved to be kneecapped and I believe I said that, I just thought it was deserving of a damage reduction. But then, ANet being ANet, I shouldn't be surprised with how it ended up.

Anyway, I'm confident in the kind of damage it used to be able to achieve and I stand by my opinion that it was deserving of a damage reduction. Unfortunately, it got a lot more than what I thought it should and now it's just depressing to use.

easily

do

I did not for unforeseen reasons, as convenient as that may sound. My laptop is on it's last legs and it has been struggling to handle recording at the same time as playing GW2 lately. I get severe frame lag to the point that my screen will freeze for 2 - 3 seconds every so often while recording is active. If you'd like to see an example of what that frame lag looks like
At around 1:17 everything comes to a complete halt and this happens multiple times during the video.Also for context; this was kind of a "test" video. I wanted to see how much my laptop could handle and how it looked after being uploaded to Youtube. I never had these issues a few months ago but, hopefully I can replace this thing before it goes ka-put.

And CoR sucks now because it never hits anything and when it does it doesn't do much. I didn't think it deserved to be kneecapped and I believe I said that, I just thought it was deserving of a damage reduction. But then, ANet being ANet, I shouldn't be surprised with how it ended up.

Anyway, I'm confident in the kind of damage it used to be able to achieve and I stand by my opinion that it was deserving of a damage reduction. Unfortunately, it got a lot more than what I thought it should and now it's just depressing to use.

Blah blah blah,"I can't prove it after years of gameplay, but it was too powerful, need nerf"

I have yet to vids of anyone doing consistent 15k CoRs back to back on players that weren't already in downed state.

I stand by my statement,enjoy the scourge/fb blob plays, much fun tehehe.

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

do

I did not for unforeseen reasons, as convenient as that may sound. My laptop is on it's last legs and it has been struggling to handle recording at the same time as playing GW2 lately. I get severe frame lag to the point that my screen will freeze for 2 - 3 seconds every so often while recording is active. If you'd like to see an example of what that frame lag looks like
At around 1:17 everything comes to a complete halt and this happens multiple times during the video.Also for context; this was kind of a "test" video. I wanted to see how much my laptop could handle and how it looked after being uploaded to Youtube. I never had these issues a few months ago but, hopefully I can replace this thing before it goes ka-put.

Blah blah blah,"I can't prove it after years of gameplay, but it was too powerful, need nerf"

I have yet to vids of anyone doing consistent 15k CoRs back to back on players that weren't already in downed state.

I don't blob often enough to care and I never have. Maybe because I'm one of the minority that just enjoys playing the game and doesn't lose their minds over balance all the time.

If it's such an issue for you, play another class. Personally, I enjoy what's most fun, not what's best. Maybe you enjoyed hammer because it was best.

easily

do

I don't blob often enough to care and I never have. Maybe because I'm one of the minority that just enjoys playing the game and doesn't lose their minds over balance all the time.

If it's such an issue for you, play another class. Personally, I enjoy what's most fun, not what's best. Maybe you enjoyed hammer because it was best.

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

easily

do

If you are someone from HUNT that DOESNT blob, Id like to duel ya sometime. If you are a rev I could use the practice. Rev's are a hit or miss for my build and came across 2 not too long ago that was wrecking everything (seemed to have similar builds, buffed each other thanks to Glint). Sword/x + staff...I need to git gud vs rev's.

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Only recently though.Nobody that reads these forums routinely could question which class you've championed for the last four years.

@LetoII.3782 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Only recently though.Nobody that reads these forums routinely could question which class you've championed for the last four years.

I've played power Chrono, spellbreaker, burn guard and reaper over the past 3 years. I chose to defend hammer Rev because literally nobody else will. There are like 3 people that do hammer Rev vids and we don't even post that much because nobody cares. It's underrepresented because hammer is played in only one specific place, not WvW as a whole, but only WvW zerging specifically. Everyone who has ever played Chrono should be defending that instead but there are already plenty of mesmers doing that and, failing....

I didn't "choose" hammer Rev because it's "the best", I chose it because at the time nobody was playing it, it feel off meta for whatever reason.

I was waiting for anet to gut hammer Rev but instead they hit my backup, power Chrono. Now they garbage canned Cor which ultimately won't mean much until the zerglings find another skill to complain about which is most likely going to be phase smash. Depending on how they nerf it, if nerfed hard enough, phase smash will be the death of hammer Rev. And/or riposting shadow.

People are so determined to lock WvW zerging into fb/scourge and then whatever fotm builds exist still. Nerf hammer Rev hard enough and another glass cannon won't magically suddenly become viable, it will just be a slot filled by a scourge. Burn dh isn't going to replace hammer Rev permanently, just long enough for zergs to start hard countering it.

The bugged nature of the aiming/pathing is the only thing annoying me. The damage nerf is fine IMO, because CoR was always the finisher move, so once my target ise below 50% health, it still hits for enough. But that pathing.......grrrr. On the positive upside though, we can hit through gates for lulz...well, at least until they patch that.