Balance Update

Acheron.4731

@Justine.6351 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

"Nerf cor it hit too hard and invisible!".

They might as well replace the skill as its trash anyhow with the only thing propping it up is the low recharge and energy cost.

Bruh, my CoR's hit 15k's on the regular and I've seen them go as high as 20k. Couple that with Phase Smash, which hits equally as hard, and you can
easily
insta-down a small cluster of players by yourself. With two attacks. Each on less than a 10 second cooldown.

Hammer is difficult to use in 1v1's, outside of that, it's backline damage potential is off the freaking charts. The only reason more people don't die to it is because most people just spam it off cooldown and don't know where to properly align it so that it hits the most players. Basically any time I play Rev in a zerg I'm insta-downing multiple at a time.

CoR has always been absurd. Although I don't think the visual marker will do a whole lot for helping people to avoid it - because most people are blind anyway - the damage reduction is good. It is 100% needed.

Guy, show a vid please. I really do wanna see someone landing back to back 15k cor damage repeatedly. I've checked because I wanted to see how people were supposedly doing so much work with their hammer that I couldn't figure out, you know, to improve.

I am not even going to debate the necessity for damage reduction, all I gonna say is don't expect people to suddenly call CoR balanced because its getting yet another damage nerf. It wont stop, nor will complaints about its visibility.

What I would like is for the cascade to finally not suck so bad since the skill is getting nerfs but is still trash.

Hammer is a slow hard hitting weapon. People don't like getting hit hard with it so when they finally nerf its damage down to like 5k strikes all it will be is a slow weapon.

I'll work on a video this weekend for you. I can either share it here or I can message you directly. I'll probably message you though because I don't think anyone will want to see backline Rev gameplay as it's about as boring to watch as it gets.

I understand and I agree. These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to. I don't doubt people will continue to complain but I
do
think the nerfs they have listed are necessary. For now that's all I care. If ANet announces that they'll be nerfing it again in the future, then I'll speak up.

I also know that hammer Rev is your main and I understand your passion for the class/weapon. Although I did mean to sound a little sarcastic, I didn't mean to offend. I'm just not worried about what ANet might do to Rev hammer because thus far, CoR has had a damage reduction + cooldown increase shortly after HoT release, and a few skills have gained AOE markers like Drop The Hammer and Phase Smash. Otherwise, they've hardly been touched despite how long people have been saying the damage is too much.

So did you finish the vid for me?

I did not for unforeseen reasons, as convenient as that may sound. My laptop is on it's last legs and it has been struggling to handle recording at the same time as playing GW2 lately. I get severe frame lag to the point that my screen will freeze for 2 - 3 seconds every so often while recording is active. If you'd like to see an example of what that frame lag looks like
At around 1:17 everything comes to a complete halt and this happens multiple times during the video.Also for context; this was kind of a "test" video. I wanted to see how much my laptop could handle and how it looked after being uploaded to Youtube. I never had these issues a few months ago but, hopefully I can replace this thing before it goes ka-put.

And CoR sucks now because it never hits anything and when it does it doesn't do much. I didn't think it deserved to be kneecapped and I believe I said that, I just thought it was deserving of a damage reduction. But then, ANet being ANet, I shouldn't be surprised with how it ended up.

Anyway, I'm confident in the kind of damage it used to be able to achieve and I stand by my opinion that it was deserving of a damage reduction. Unfortunately, it got a lot more than what I thought it should and now it's just depressing to use.

Blah blah blah,"I can't prove it after years of gameplay, but it was too powerful, need nerf"

I have yet to vids of anyone doing consistent 15k CoRs back to back on players that weren't already in downed state.

I stand by my statement,enjoy the scourge/fb blob plays, much fun tehehe.

I don't blob often enough to care and I never have. Maybe because I'm one of the minority that just enjoys playing the game and doesn't lose their minds over balance all the time.

If it's such an issue for you, play another class. Personally, I enjoy what's most fun, not what's best. Maybe you enjoyed hammer because it was best.

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Only recently though.Nobody that reads these forums routinely could question which class you've championed for the last four years.

I've played power Chrono, spellbreaker, burn guard and reaper over the past 3 years. I chose to defend hammer Rev because literally nobody else will. There are like 3 people that do hammer Rev vids and we don't even post that much because nobody cares. It's underrepresented because hammer is played in only one specific place, not WvW as a whole, but only WvW zerging specifically.

That's not remotely true. Rev isn't the most common roamer, but there's both power and condi revs on every server. What there isn't is hammer rev roamers, same as there isn't staff guard roamers.. Wrong tool for the work.

Everyone who has ever played Chrono should be defending that instead but there are already plenty of mesmers doing that and, failing....

There's also Chronos making it work, I just spent a week dodging Expandas gravity wells.. He's still plenty hard to kill. What I'd complain about is the veilbots losing their place to scrapper, that was rude.

I didn't "choose" hammer Rev because it's "the best", I chose it because at the time nobody was playing it, it feel off meta for whatever reason.

See response #1 but change roamer to also very popular for zerging, since it was introduced.

I was waiting for anet to gut hammer Rev but instead they hit my backup, power Chrono. Now they garbage canned Cor which ultimately won't mean much until the zerglings find another skill to complain about which is most likely going to be phase smash. Depending on how they nerf it, if nerfed hard enough, phase smash will be the death of hammer Rev. And/or riposting shadow.

Remember a few months ago when it was rangers turn? We all get one eventually. That's why it's best to go soft on the nerf campaign.

People are so determined to lock WvW zerging into fb/scourge and then whatever fotm builds exist still. Nerf hammer Rev hard enough and another glass cannon won't magically suddenly become viable, it will just be a slot filled by a scourge. Burn dh isn't going to replace hammer Rev permanently, just long enough for zergs to start hard countering it.

Yeah, I don't get scourge either :/But it both benefits and suffers from bad design, the game didn't need more aoe spam. Same with deadeye, thief should have never got a 1500 range weapon. But should rev have gotten a ranged hammer? Hammer isn't a ranged weapon <,< it's been a problem for rev same as scourge and DE. Heavy armor should be for melee, clothies cast.. They did some weird stuff, and toning down the power creep after the sale is kinda needed. So yeah, the long range mighty blow is a obvious next.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Nerfing hammer Rev again and people still saying pirate ship. Well I guess we all can agree it wasn't hammer Rev.

Pirate Ship meta existed before Scourge did. CoR is and was OP because it's basically impossible to deny with it having next to no tell (especially DUE to Scourge) on a cleaving ranged AoE with an overtuned ratio and cooldown thanks to only two skills on hammer being actually good.

Scourge just keeps it that way regardless of what they do to rev, because fundamentally the Scourge is busted in WvW by its design.

Ultimately, the changes here just miss the mark. The AoE coverage, boon spam/corruption, and free sustain need to go, and need to go pretty much in their entirety. That's the bottom line. Anything else is dancing around the issue and won't actually resolve anything.

The reason Scourge is busted in WvW by it's design is because of the main culprit the Guardian/Firebrand in keeping them alive. The scourge on it's own is next to useless. Their slow and have no blocks or invulnerables, and their damage on their own is pathetic. The problem lies with how many scourges are hitting at once, and again, that problem squarely falls on the shoulders of the firebrand. One firebrand can babysit 4 scourges quite easily.

What happens to a scourge on it's own or away from a Guardian? Gets mowed down easily by rangers, thieves, rev's, and mesmers. But still people keep stating Scourge is the issue when it clearly isn't. I think a lot of people play firebrands here which is why there isn't more people speaking up about them.

Corruption isn't a problem, because boon and boon conversion outweigh it by a longs hot thanks in part to the Guardian. The sustain, also the guardian behind it. The support coverage, you can thank the guardian. The retaliation spam eliminating some classes from WvW entirely, again the guardian. Why do so many people have block/aegis uptime on them? Again, the guardian. Why are people being picked up so quickly and prevented from performing any ranged attacks on downs, again the guardian. Why in general have all ranged projectile classes been eliminated from zergs? Of course, the guardian yet again. So why on earth is this class allowed to run around doing what it's doing completely unabated? Forget the Rev, Forget the Scourge, Anet needs to lock onto the guardian and gut them down to only doing 1 or 2 things effectively instead of 10-12.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

If you are someone from HUNT that DOESNT blob, Id like to duel ya sometime. If you are a rev I could use the practice. Rev's are a hit or miss for my build and came across 2 not too long ago that was wrecking everything (seemed to have similar builds, buffed each other thanks to Glint). Sword/x + staff...I need to git gud vs rev's.

Of course I blob, I just don't have a long attention span so I float between blobbing and roaming minute to minute depending on what's going on. The majority of my time in WvW is spent metaphorically chasing cars. If someone says X needs help, I go help, if I see a red dot, I chase it, if I see friends fighting here or there, I join, if I feel like pestering pugs, I roam.

I'm not the best Rev, it's just one of my more favored things to play. I have a few friends that are substantially better than myself, and know a couple people that are also extremely good.If you'd like, I can probably arrange you a duel with who I'd consider to be one of the top 3 Rev's ( and players in general ) that I've fought. I don't personally know him, but I've heard he's extremely nice and I'm confident in his skill. If you'd still prefer to duel me then we can do that too, but I'd prefer to play something other than Rev since it's not one of my better suits.

If you are someone from HUNT that DOESNT blob, Id like to duel ya sometime. If you are a rev I could use the practice. Rev's are a hit or miss for my build and came across 2 not too long ago that was wrecking everything (seemed to have similar builds, buffed each other thanks to Glint). Sword/x + staff...I need to git gud vs rev's.

Of course I blob, I just don't have a long attention span so I float between blobbing and roaming minute to minute depending on what's going on. The majority of my time in WvW is spent metaphorically chasing cars. If someone says X needs help, I go help, if I see a red dot, I chase it, if I see friends fighting here or there, I join, if I feel like pestering pugs, I roam.

I'm not the best Rev, it's just one of my more favored things to play. I have a few friends that are substantially better than myself, and know a couple people that are also extremely good.If you'd like, I can probably arrange you a duel with who I'd consider to be one of the top 3 Rev's ( and players in general ) that I've fought. I don't personally know him, but I've heard he's extremely nice and I'm confident in his skill. If you'd still prefer to duel
me
then we can do that too, but I'd prefer to play something other than Rev since it's not one of my better suits.

tbh if you are down, I'll duel ya on any class. Ive been away from the game most of the year (PC went down after I upgraded it....go figure) and still feel pretty rusty (I let a core symbol guardian beat me the other night...typically they are not that difficult).

I've dueled some of ya's from HUNT when I manage to find any of you guys not in the zerg (you guys chased me a lot the other day as a group in EB lol) and some o fyou guys/gals have some skill iirc. If it wasn't that I have lots of close friends in SF, i'd ask to join HUNT as long as I could still mainly be a roamer/small scale runner (I dont usually blob unless theres a big fight about to go down)...Im also not typically a fan of the Mag cloud (as I understand thats the server you guys run in) but always up for dueling/gitting gud

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Rofl yeah pretty much going to be the same old complaints a few months after this patch comes out,

They might as well replace the skill as its trash anyhow with the only thing propping it up is the low recharge and energy cost.

Bruh, my CoR's hit 15k's on the regular and I've seen them go as high as 20k. Couple that with Phase Smash, which hits equally as hard, and you can
easily
insta-down a small cluster of players by yourself. With two attacks. Each on less than a 10 second cooldown.

Hammer is difficult to use in 1v1's, outside of that, it's backline damage potential is off the freaking charts. The only reason more people don't die to it is because most people just spam it off cooldown and don't know where to properly align it so that it hits the most players. Basically any time I play Rev in a zerg I'm insta-downing multiple at a time.

CoR has always been absurd. Although I don't think the visual marker will do a whole lot for helping people to avoid it - because most people are blind anyway - the damage reduction is good. It is 100% needed.

Guy, show a vid please. I really do wanna see someone landing back to back 15k cor damage repeatedly. I've checked because I wanted to see how people were supposedly doing so much work with their hammer that I couldn't figure out, you know, to improve.

I am not even going to debate the necessity for damage reduction, all I gonna say is don't expect people to suddenly call CoR balanced because its getting yet another damage nerf. It wont stop, nor will complaints about its visibility.

What I would like is for the cascade to finally not suck so bad since the skill is getting nerfs but is still trash.

Hammer is a slow hard hitting weapon. People don't like getting hit hard with it so when they finally nerf its damage down to like 5k strikes all it will be is a slow weapon.

I'll work on a video this weekend for you. I can either share it here or I can message you directly. I'll probably message you though because I don't think anyone will want to see backline Rev gameplay as it's about as boring to watch as it gets.

I understand and I agree. These forums have always been filled with unreasonable complaints, a sorry sum of which ANet actually listens to. I don't doubt people will continue to complain but I
do
think the nerfs they have listed are necessary. For now that's all I care. If ANet announces that they'll be nerfing it again in the future, then I'll speak up.

I also know that hammer Rev is your main and I understand your passion for the class/weapon. Although I did mean to sound a little sarcastic, I didn't mean to offend. I'm just not worried about what ANet might do to Rev hammer because thus far, CoR has had a damage reduction + cooldown increase shortly after HoT release, and a few skills have gained AOE markers like Drop The Hammer and Phase Smash. Otherwise, they've hardly been touched despite how long people have been saying the damage is too much.

I did not for unforeseen reasons, as convenient as that may sound. My laptop is on it's last legs and it has been struggling to handle recording at the same time as playing GW2 lately. I get severe frame lag to the point that my screen will freeze for 2 - 3 seconds every so often while recording is active. If you'd like to see an example of what that frame lag looks like
At around 1:17 everything comes to a complete halt and this happens multiple times during the video.Also for context; this was kind of a "test" video. I wanted to see how much my laptop could handle and how it looked after being uploaded to Youtube. I never had these issues a few months ago but, hopefully I can replace this thing before it goes ka-put.

And CoR sucks now because it never hits anything and when it does it doesn't do much. I didn't think it deserved to be kneecapped and I believe I said that, I just thought it was deserving of a damage reduction. But then, ANet being ANet, I shouldn't be surprised with how it ended up.

Anyway, I'm confident in the kind of damage it used to be able to achieve and I stand by my opinion that it was deserving of a damage reduction. Unfortunately, it got a lot more than what I thought it should and now it's just depressing to use.

Blah blah blah,"I can't prove it after years of gameplay, but it was too powerful, need nerf"

I have yet to vids of anyone doing consistent 15k CoRs back to back on players that weren't already in downed state.

I don't blob often enough to care and I never have. Maybe because I'm one of the minority that just enjoys playing the game and doesn't lose their minds over balance all the time.

If it's such an issue for you, play another class. Personally, I enjoy what's most fun, not what's best. Maybe you enjoyed hammer because it was best.

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Only recently though.Nobody that reads these forums routinely could question which class you've championed for the last four years.

I've played power Chrono, spellbreaker, burn guard and reaper over the past 3 years. I chose to defend hammer Rev because literally nobody else will. There are like 3 people that do hammer Rev vids and we don't even post that much because nobody cares. It's underrepresented because hammer is played in only one specific place, not WvW as a whole, but only WvW zerging specifically.

That's not remotely true. Rev isn't the most common roamer, but there's both power and condi revs on every server. What there isn't is hammer rev roamers, same as there isn't staff guard roamers.. Wrong tool for the work.

Everyone who has ever played Chrono should be defending that instead but there are already plenty of mesmers doing that and, failing....

There's also Chronos making it work, I just spent a week dodging Expandas gravity wells.. He's still plenty hard to kill. What I'd complain about is the veilbots losing their place to scrapper, that was rude.

I didn't "choose" hammer Rev because it's "the best", I chose it because at the time nobody was playing it, it feel off meta for whatever reason.

See response #1 but change roamer to also very popular for zerging, since it was introduced.

I was waiting for anet to gut hammer Rev but instead they hit my backup, power Chrono. Now they garbage canned Cor which ultimately won't mean much until the zerglings find another skill to complain about which is most likely going to be phase smash. Depending on how they nerf it, if nerfed hard enough, phase smash will be the death of hammer Rev. And/or riposting shadow.

Remember a few months ago when it was rangers turn? We all get one eventually. That's why it's best to go soft on the nerf campaign.

People are so determined to lock WvW zerging into fb/scourge and then whatever fotm builds exist still. Nerf hammer Rev hard enough and another glass cannon won't magically suddenly become viable, it will just be a slot filled by a scourge. Burn dh isn't going to replace hammer Rev permanently, just long enough for zergs to start hard countering it.

Yeah, I don't get scourge either :/But it both benefits and suffers from bad design, the game didn't need more aoe spam. Same with deadeye, thief should have never got a 1500 range weapon. But should rev have gotten a ranged hammer? Hammer isn't a ranged weapon <,< it's been a problem for rev same as scourge and DE. Heavy armor should be for melee, clothies cast.. They did some weird stuff, and toning down the power creep after the sale is kinda needed. So yeah, the long range mighty blow is a obvious next.

Justine: hammer rev and zerging, chrono got nerfed way too much.

Letoll: nobody roams with hammer rev, people making chrono work.

Idk why I try even having a conversation on these forums with people who can't keep up.

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Idk why I try even having a conversation on these forums with people who can't keep up.

You like classes you don't play getting nerfed but whine when it's yours.Not exactly PhD thesis level stuff dude

@LetoII.3782 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

You like classes you don't play getting nerfed but whine when it's yours.Not exactly PhD thesis level stuff dude

Lol what when? Are you the same guy from the previous balance thread who read way too deep into what I wrote regarding soulbeast's unblockables getting nerfed and got triggered? Now apparently I am "only likes nerfs to enemies". Just lol...

Well here try understanding this,I don't agree with the fb nerfs over the past year and I don't play fb. Why don't I say anything? Uh because I don't play it and plenty of others do so they can represent it...

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I'm not the best Rev, it's just one of my more favored things to play. I have a few friends that are substantially better than myself, and know a couple people that are also extremely good.If you'd like, I can probably arrange you a duel with who I'd consider to be one of the top 3 Rev's ( and players in general ) that I've fought. I don't personally know him, but I've heard he's extremely nice and I'm confident in his skill. If you'd still prefer to duel
me
then we can do that too, but I'd prefer to play something other than Rev since it's not one of my better suits.

tbh if you are down, I'll duel ya on any class. Ive been away from the game most of the year (PC went down after I upgraded it....go figure) and still feel pretty rusty (I let a core symbol guardian beat me the other night...typically they are not that difficult).

I've dueled some of ya's from HUNT when I manage to find any of you guys not in the zerg (you guys chased me a lot the other day as a group in EB lol) and some o fyou guys/gals have some skill iirc. If it wasn't that I have lots of close friends in SF, i'd ask to join HUNT as long as I could still mainly be a roamer/small scale runner (I dont usually blob unless theres a big fight about to go down)...Im also not typically a fan of the Mag cloud (as I understand thats the server you guys run in) but always up for dueling/gitting gud

If memory serves me, you're a Mesmer main. I strongly dislike fighting Mesmers, even if it's a duel, so I'm letting you know in advance I may not do so for long. Nothing against you personally, just not a class I have any fun fighting regardless of the person behind it.

I tend to rotate which character is my "main" every few months or so. Right now it's Engineer, and I play a core power build ( not Holo or Scrapper ). I don't believe there are any profession or build matches where I have the upper hand but I don't mind trying anyway. If I don't provide you enough of a challenge, I can swap to Necro or Rev.

Message me in game when we're matched against each other and we can meet some where.

Also, I don't have any authority in HUNT so I have no say in invites. They are very strict about who they take in and I respect their rules, so you'd have to ask someone else. I rarely get to squad up with them as I'm usually doing my own thing, and right now I'm not even on the same server.

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Lol what when? Are you the same guy from the previous balance thread who read way too deep into what I wrote regarding soulbeast's unblockables getting nerfed and got triggered? Now apparently I am "only likes nerfs to enemies". Just lol...

Well here try understanding this,I don't agree with the fb nerfs over the past year and I don't play fb. Why don't I say anything? Uh because I don't play it and plenty of others do so they can represent it...

I main FB and think it's an abomination from a balance standpoint. 24>3

What I did do in that thread was point out you'd be next, and looky looky. I also argued for unstoppable union (soulbeast) to get the nerf and not ranger in general, hit the nail on the head too.

me

If memory serves me, you're a Mesmer main. I strongly dislike fighting Mesmers, even if it's a duel, so I'm letting you know in advance I may not do so for long. Nothing against you personally, just not a class I have any fun fighting regardless of the person behind it.

I tend to rotate which character is my "main" every few months or so. Right now it's Engineer, and I play a core power build (
not
Holo or Scrapper ). I don't believe there are any profession or build matches where I have the upper hand but I don't mind trying anyway. If I don't provide you enough of a challenge, I can swap to Necro or Rev.

Message me in game when we're matched against each other and we can meet some where.

Also, I don't have any authority in HUNT so I have no say in invites. They are very strict about who they take in and I respect their rules, so you'd have to ask someone else. I rarely get to squad up with them as I'm usually doing my own thing, and right now I'm not even on the same server.

I main mesmer, daredevil and druid (but mostly mesmer with an off meta build).Iirc were vs each other now but if you dont care for mesmers, id love to try on one of the others

@God.2708 said:FB is fine from a balance standpoint.

It's so fine that all WvW zergs completely revolve around it. If your build gets hard countered by FB with things such as reflects and retaliation spam you don't belong in a zerg at all. Other supports have no chance of competing either. So much balance right? No, it's the most disgusting spec that WvW has ever seen. Only scourge comes close, but even that is not as bad for WvW because of the numerous nerfs.

@LetoII.3782 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

What I did do in that thread was point out you'd be next, and looky looky. I also argued for unstoppable union (soulbeast) to get the nerf and not ranger in general, hit the nail on the head too.

Everyone saw hammer rev nerfs coming. Kind of hard to ignore people posting screenshots of that 15k cor from when they were in downed state on a glass cannon, with 10 stacks of vulnerability and below 50% hp from a rev at max health and 25 might. Nothing quite prophetic like saying it's going to rain when their is a thunderstorm on the horizon.

And yeah not surprised you think things are imbalanced when chronomancer's gravity gives you troubles.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

me

I tend to rotate which character is my "main" every few months or so. Right now it's Engineer, and I play a core power build (
not
Holo or Scrapper ). I don't believe there are any profession or build matches where I have the upper hand but I don't mind trying anyway. If I don't provide you enough of a challenge, I can swap to Necro or Rev.

I main mesmer, daredevil and druid (but mostly mesmer with an off meta build).Iirc were vs each other now but if you dont care for mesmers, id love to try on one of the others

Message me in game any time then (:

And you can play Mesmer if you like, just saying my patience may not last as long with it, lol.

@Justine.6351 said:

easily

do

Right...

I been playing burn dh.

Everyone saw hammer rev nerfs coming. Kind of hard to ignore people posting screenshots of that 15k cor from when they were in downed state on a glass cannon, with 10 stacks of vulnerability and below 50% hp from a rev at max health and 25 might. Nothing quite prophetic like saying it's going to rain when their is a thunderstorm on the horizon.

See, it's the nearly impenetrable screen of hyperbole that annoys me. Makes it hard to have real discourse on balance.

And yeah not surprised you think things are imbalanced when chronomancer's gravity gives you troubles.

50 people chasing with superspeed gives everyone troubles. But we can't have that conversation because we have to spend a month debating if maybe rev doing a massive damage aoe every other second is a bit much..

@LetoII.3782 said:

See, it's the nearly impenetrable
screen of hyperbole
that annoys me. Makes it hard to have real discourse on balance.

50 people chasing with superspeed gives everyone troubles. But we can't have that conversation because we have to spend a month debating if
maybe
rev doing a massive damage aoe every other second is a bit much..

And yet nobody can link a vid of a rev doing 15k CoRs back to back every 4 seconds over a short duration of time. For as op and magical as CoR is made out to be I am feeling kind of left out of the action.

If you want to complain about the lack of intelligent discussion maybe next time try to debate the topic and not the person. Would prevent it from turning into mud slinging.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:

screen of hyperbole

50 people chasing with superspeed gives everyone troubles. But we can't have that conversation because we have to spend a month debating if
maybe

And yet nobody can link a vid of a rev doing 15k CoRs back to back every 4 seconds over a short duration of time. For as op and magical as CoR is made out to be I am feeling kind of left out of the action.

If you want to complain about the lack of intelligent discussion maybe next time try to debate the topic and not the person. Would prevent it from turning into mud slinging.

I do not have back to back 15ks. And I don't think rev damage is out of line, but here. Qualifying that my build wasn't using scholar runes and had about 50% marauders and a couple of cav trinkets. Could have also taken some traits to increase damage as well. Even with those damage sacrifices you can see me hit 8k or more pretty consistently on non downs. 15k is definitely an exaggeration, you do not hit that on anyone with any amount of toughness. But back to back 8-11k is something I see semi frequently. (Usually in the form of a non downstate, and then smacking them in downstate because the 8-11k was enough to down them). If I were full zerk scholar glass trying for damage that'd be more like 10k-14k.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@God.2708 said:FB is fine from a balance standpoint.

It's so fine that all WvW zergs completely revolve around it. If your build gets hard countered by FB with things such as reflects and retaliation spam you don't belong in a zerg at all. Other supports have no chance of competing either. So much balance right? No, it's the most disgusting spec that WvW has ever seen. Only scourge comes close, but even that is not as bad for WvW because of the numerous nerfs.

Wrong. Zergs revolve around scourges. Not firebrands. The only reason firebrands are there at all is because they are the only class that offers stability in a useful and consistent manner. But nerfing them isn't going to open the gate for other supports to come in because of this flaw, it just means that groups will take more firebrands. I am not aware of any builds that are eliminated from zerg play because of firebrand. If you are referencing something like a longbow ranger, you aren't used in zergs because you don't need zergs in the first place, you operate at full capacity anyway without the squad support. I am aware however, of an entire subset of classes that are completely and totally eliminated from play by scourges: Melee. Which also happens to be firebrands biggest weakpoint, strong melee pressure.

If you look at a zerg and think that it revolves around the firebrand you are not the person Anet should be looking to for balancing opinions.

Well, scourge dominate WvW for 2 reasons:

• Barriers stacks: It's mean that the more source of barrier you got the better and that no amount of tweaks related to the barrier value given will ever solve this point.
  • Very potent area denial: It's not much the coverage which is an issue, it's more the fact that the core necromancer, by itself, already give potent area denial tools (staff and aoe utilities) and shades add an almost permanent additionnal layer of area denial on top of that.

The very design of the scourge put area denial as it's everything (defense/support/attack). Such design is by itself arguable because it's counter intuitive to have tools that does everything at the same time, leaving no room for specializing into any aspect. And in the very limited context of GW2 WvW zerg, such tools quickly become exponentially more effective.

As long as ANet don't address both the fact that barrier stacks and the potency of the shades as an area denial tool, the scourge will continue to dominate in WvW zergs. No nerf to barrier value, CD or even quality of life will ever change the fact that these 2 mechanisms turn the scourge into the absolute "go to" character in large scale fights.

How about a 25 might 18k hit on someone at 10% health and 25 stacks of invul? In any case an aoe hitting for 10-15k on a 2s cooldown(took them almost half a year to change it to 4s) was beyond terribad when the biggest aoe hitting in the same range before that had a 30s cooldown and a channel. Just because you don't land big hits doesn't mean it didn't exist, I'm sure there's been plenty of back to back 15k hits over the years, because hitting beyond 15k was possible.

d1C1hjM.jpg

@Justine.6351 said:

screen of hyperbole

maybe

You'll have to help me out with when I mentioned 15k Cor's?

Again with the pseudointellectual high ground.. Maybe next time try to accept there's a buff/nerf cycle in these games to keep things relatively fresh and not take your turn so miserably.

@LetoII.3782 said:

screen of hyperbole

maybe

Again with the pseudointellectual high ground.. Maybe next time try to accept there's a buff/nerf cycle in these games to keep things relatively fresh and not take your turn so miserably.

"Nobody" as in people (plural), so others.

I like how you try to spin that on me after opening that road up, it's rich

@Justine.6351 said:

screen of hyperbole

maybe

Like this one?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:How about a 25 might 18k hit on someone at 10% health and 25 stacks of invul and might? In any case an aoe hitting for 10-15k on a 2s cooldown(took them almost half a year to change it to 4s) was beyond terribad when the biggest aoe hitting in the same range before that had a 30s cooldown and a channel. Just because you don't land big hits doesn't mean it didn't exist, I'm sure there's been plenty of back to back 15k hits over the years, because hitting beyond 15k was possible.

d1C1hjM.jpg

Don't forget to reply, now xD

Are we still talking about the ranger nerf? Because if so, I'll remind you once more that I agreed soulbeast needed a nerf. Just not the one nonrangers wanted, the balance team also agreed... So I feel fairly validated in my arguments. On the other hand, we're now just flatly stating Chrono and rev nerfs are bad because you said so and questioning the intelligence of dissenters. Not the strongest position ever.

@LetoII.3782 said:

screen of hyperbole

maybe

Like this one?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:How about a 25 might 18k hit on someone at 10% health and 25 stacks of invul and might? In any case an aoe hitting for 10-15k on a 2s cooldown(took them almost half a year to change it to 4s) was beyond terribad when the biggest aoe hitting in the same range before that had a 30s cooldown and a channel. Just because you don't land big hits doesn't mean it didn't exist, I'm sure there's been plenty of back to back 15k hits over the years, because hitting beyond 15k was possible.

d1C1hjM.jpg

Are we still talking about the ranger nerf? Because if so, I'll remind you once more that I agreed soulbeast needed a nerf. Just not the one nonrangers wanted, the balance team also agreed... So I feel fairly validated in my arguments. On the other hand, we're now just flatly stating Chrono and rev nerfs are bad because you said so and questioning the intelligence of dissenters. Not the strongest position ever.

That vid was a good hammer rev and still it didn't have back to back 15k cor spam. In fact I didn't even see 10k cor spam so yeah ok.

It's pretty sad that hammer rev has to compete with scourges for top dps half the time when all it is is a damage stick. The guy who made the vid clipped his best damage plays and in a 12 min vid I can count on one hand his "15k CoRs" rofl. So much of the time he is just trying to keep up with the tag which is pretty much why I say hammer rev big hits are likely just hitting the downed players because they died to the scourges.

@Justine.6351 said:

screen of hyperbole

maybe

Like this one?

d1C1hjM.jpg

That vid was a good hammer rev and still it didn't have back to back 15k cor spam. In fact I didn't even see 10k cor spam so yeah ok.

It's pretty sad that hammer rev has to compete with scourges for top dps half the time when all it is is a damage stick. The guy who made the vid clipped his best damage plays and in a 12 min vid I can count on one hand his "15k CoRs" rofl. So much of the time he is just trying to keep up with the tag which is pretty much why I say hammer rev big hits are likely just hitting the downed players because they died to the scourges.

I haven't been in front of a pc yet to watch. Can't do critical viewing on an Android.Have you tried hammer on your guardian yet? Don't try it in burn stats. It'll give you some perspective about people's frustration with rev hammer.