Balance Update

Acheron.4731

@LetoII.3782 said:

Everyone saw hammer rev nerfs coming. Kind of hard to ignore people posting screenshots of that 15k cor from when they were in downed state on a glass cannon, with 10 stacks of vulnerability and below 50% hp from a rev at max health and 25 might. Nothing quite prophetic like saying it's going to rain when their is a thunderstorm on the horizon.

See, it's the nearly impenetrable
screen of hyperbole
that annoys me. Makes it hard to have real discourse on balance.

And yeah not surprised you think things are imbalanced when chronomancer's gravity gives you troubles.

50 people chasing with superspeed gives everyone troubles. But we can't have that conversation because we have to spend a month debating if
maybe
rev doing a massive damage aoe every other second is a bit much..

And yet nobody can link a vid of a rev doing 15k CoRs back to back every 4 seconds over a short duration of time. For as op and magical as CoR is made out to be I am feeling kind of left out of the action.

You'll have to help me out with when I mentioned 15k Cor's?

If you want to complain about the lack of intelligent discussion maybe next time try to debate the topic and not the person. Would prevent it from turning into mud slinging.

Again with the pseudointellectual high ground.. Maybe next time try to accept there's a buff/nerf cycle in these games to keep things relatively fresh and not take your turn so miserably.

"Nobody" as in people (plural), so others.

Like this one?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:How about a 25 might 18k hit on someone at 10% health and 25 stacks of invul and might? In any case an aoe hitting for 10-15k on a 2s cooldown(took them almost half a year to change it to 4s) was beyond terribad when the biggest aoe hitting in the same range before that had a 30s cooldown and a channel. Just because you don't land big hits doesn't mean it didn't exist, I'm sure there's been plenty of back to back 15k hits over the years, because hitting beyond 15k was possible.

d1C1hjM.jpg

Don't forget to reply, now xD

I like how you try to spin that on me after opening that road up, it's rich

Are we still talking about the ranger nerf? Because if so, I'll remind you once more that I agreed soulbeast needed a nerf. Just not the one nonrangers wanted, the balance team also agreed... So I feel fairly validated in my arguments. On the other hand, we're now just flatly stating Chrono and rev nerfs are bad because you said so and questioning the intelligence of dissenters. Not the strongest position ever.

That vid was a good hammer rev and still it didn't have back to back 15k cor spam. In fact I didn't even see 10k cor spam so yeah ok.

It's pretty sad that hammer rev has to compete with scourges for top dps half the time when all it is is a damage stick. The guy who made the vid clipped his best damage plays and in a 12 min vid I can count on one hand his "15k CoRs" rofl. So much of the time he is just trying to keep up with the tag which is pretty much why I say hammer rev big hits are likely just hitting the downed players because they died to the scourges.

I haven't been in front of a pc yet to watch. Can't do critical viewing on an Android.Have you tried hammer on your guardian yet? Don't try it in burn stats. It'll give you some perspective about people's frustration with rev hammer.

Mucked around with it playing a trap dh hunting deadeyes. Was pretty fun when there were deadeye's still around. But the garbage monkeys cried to have deadeyes deleted from wvw too so I didn't pursue it any further.

It would make more sense to compare another ranged weapon and class with hammer rev though. Staff ele would be the closest but when lavafont got nerfed they disappeared pretty fast. Idk if it was Lava font or something else around that time that just caused them to all disappear.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I frankly dunno why we're digging for video evidence for something that is perfectly easy to math out.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAIZlpQHMLyhdRNMM6hJSfsCKgJ/lWzG-zVIYhipCXINFBRUAVkA2ONCYZD-w

Give 25 might and 25 BL stacks, build is perfectly standard except for the notoriety over assassins presence, and draconic echo is usually taken over forceful persistence. But maybe this rev is a selfish asshole.

With the above on a non crit, the revenant hits for 2596 on their CoR vs a 2681 target. We have the following modifiers.228% crit damage5% force5% scholar9% Vicious lacerations7% Rising Tide7% Ferocious Aggression1-12% Reinforced Potency (We'll assume 8%)3/6/9/12/15/13% Forceful Persistence (We'll assume the 9% value. Fury + Swiftness + Nature)and more conditionally15% from Burst of Strength20% from Swift Terminationand 1/2% per vuln from Targeted Destruction

Without Swift Termination and no vuln (so no targeted destruction)9,587 damage against a 2681 armor target (Usually ~ armor benchmark for non glass scourges and revs)13,066 damage against a 1967 armor target (glass light armors)11,624 damage against 2211 armor target (glass heavy armors)7,343 damage against 3500 armor targets (most minstrels builds)Keep buffs would add ~2% to these

So a neutered CoR is not achieving consecutive 15k hits except vs sub 50% targets, or targets with unrealistic amounts of vulnerability on them.

Some poor sap at 49% hp with 25 stacks of vulnerability and 1967 armor while you have burst of strength gets hit for 25,760 damage. Heh.

Edit: Realized numbers were wrong due to gw2skills auto accounting for certain mods, adjusted accordingly

@Justine.6351 said:

Everyone saw hammer rev nerfs coming. Kind of hard to ignore people posting screenshots of that 15k cor from when they were in downed state on a glass cannon, with 10 stacks of vulnerability and below 50% hp from a rev at max health and 25 might. Nothing quite prophetic like saying it's going to rain when their is a thunderstorm on the horizon.

See, it's the nearly impenetrable
screen of hyperbole
that annoys me. Makes it hard to have real discourse on balance.

And yeah not surprised you think things are imbalanced when chronomancer's gravity gives you troubles.

50 people chasing with superspeed gives everyone troubles. But we can't have that conversation because we have to spend a month debating if
maybe
rev doing a massive damage aoe every other second is a bit much..

And yet nobody can link a vid of a rev doing 15k CoRs back to back every 4 seconds over a short duration of time. For as op and magical as CoR is made out to be I am feeling kind of left out of the action.

You'll have to help me out with when I mentioned 15k Cor's?

If you want to complain about the lack of intelligent discussion maybe next time try to debate the topic and not the person. Would prevent it from turning into mud slinging.

Again with the pseudointellectual high ground.. Maybe next time try to accept there's a buff/nerf cycle in these games to keep things relatively fresh and not take your turn so miserably.

"Nobody" as in people (plural), so others.

Like this one?

@"XenesisII.1540" said:How about a 25 might 18k hit on someone at 10% health and 25 stacks of invul and might? In any case an aoe hitting for 10-15k on a 2s cooldown(took them almost half a year to change it to 4s) was beyond terribad when the biggest aoe hitting in the same range before that had a 30s cooldown and a channel. Just because you don't land big hits doesn't mean it didn't exist, I'm sure there's been plenty of back to back 15k hits over the years, because hitting beyond 15k was possible.

d1C1hjM.jpg

Don't forget to reply, now xD

I like how you try to spin that on me after opening that road up, it's rich

Are we still talking about the ranger nerf? Because if so, I'll remind you once more that I agreed soulbeast needed a nerf. Just not the one nonrangers wanted, the balance team also agreed... So I feel fairly validated in my arguments. On the other hand, we're now just flatly stating Chrono and rev nerfs are bad because you said so and questioning the intelligence of dissenters. Not the strongest position ever.

That vid was a good hammer rev and still it didn't have back to back 15k cor spam. In fact I didn't even see 10k cor spam so yeah ok.

It's pretty sad that hammer rev has to compete with scourges for top dps half the time when all it is is a damage stick. The guy who made the vid clipped his best damage plays and in a 12 min vid I can count on one hand his "15k CoRs" rofl. So much of the time he is just trying to keep up with the tag which is pretty much why I say hammer rev big hits are likely just hitting the downed players because they died to the scourges.

I haven't been in front of a pc yet to watch. Can't do critical viewing on an Android.Have you tried hammer on your guardian yet? Don't try it in burn stats. It'll give you some perspective about people's frustration with rev hammer.

Mucked around with it playing a trap dh hunting deadeyes. Was pretty fun when there were deadeye's still around. But the garbage monkeys cried to have deadeyes deleted from wvw too so I didn't pursue it any further.

It would make more sense to compare another ranged weapon and class with hammer rev though. Staff ele would be the closest but when lavafont got nerfed they disappeared pretty fast. Idk if it was Lava font or something else around that time that just caused them to all disappear.

Eles were the game's ultimate utility. Lots of field placement and top aoe at a high risk. All the self combos and, as you mentioned other more safe forms of ranged aoe made them redundant at best, at worst completely obsolete. Some people are just stubborn so it took a while for diehards to accept. Heck, the whole concept of one class finishing another's field is mostly obsolete now.

We were digging up video evidence cause one dude was like "pssssh complainers complained and got revs nerfed" and then some other brah was like "brah I hit for 15k regularly", and the one dude was like "psssssh, guy, show me back to back 15k hits repeatedly", and then another bro comes in and posts an 18k hit, and then the one dude was like "psssssh, I don't see 15k back to back I didn't even see 10k back to back, I can only count 15k hits on one hand, fake news I win!"

@"XenesisII.1540" said:We were digging up video evidence cause one dude was like "pssssh complainers complained and got revs nerfed" and then some other brah was like "brah I hit for 15k regularly", and the one dude was like "psssssh, guy, show me back to back 15k hits repeatedly", and then another bro comes in and posts an 18k hit, and then the one dude was like "psssssh, I don't see 15k back to back I didn't even see 10k back to back, I can only count 15k hits on one hand, fake news I win!"

Nah, don't bother with it, you'll post solid evidence and they'll still defend powercreep like warriors defending Full Counter(kitten defensive skill!) hitting for over 7k while skill was overloaded with effects af...Hammer skills on Rev deal too high damage with such low cds, 1 - shouldn't exceed 4k in perfect conditions, 2 - shouldn't exceed 6~7k in perfect conditions, 3 - shouldn't exceed 7k in perfect conditions, 5 - shouldn't exceed 8k in perfect conditions, on top of that, animation rework is needed, still barely visible and that's the end of story. Less powercreep, game already is bleeding players because of bad balance...The reason why 15k++ numbers weren't "back to back" is because of another powercreeped class called FireBrand (you know, prot spam?)