CI is not a problem, condi is

Engal.6359

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Engal.6359 said:There is nothing fundamentally OP about Chaotic Interuption. CI mirage was just the latest in a series of cancer condi builds that have been nerfed.

It's not the first build like it, and it won't be the last. Condi Mirage is fundamentally broken, and killing individual builds won't do anything. Need proof? First we had staff ax/torch. Then the meta was sw/p a/t hybrid. Then back to sage staff ax/torch. Then ax/pistol inspi. Then scepter/pistol CI. Now we have a new version of the same cancer (ik I missed some but w/e).

But there were also power builds that used CI without it being cancer. I played power CI chrono last season before they killed chrono and it was fine. The trait itself isnt a problem,
the problem is the dev's inability to accept that mirage is cancer by design

Look at the ambush abilities, almost all of the apply tons of condis, and IH makes it worse. Even the power ones are very spammy and braindead.

In order to balance mirage, the devs need to rework it or kill it. Am I wrong? I would love to get some more opinions as I am biased towards power mes. Apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes, I'm on mobile.

If this helps, I'm a pvper and occasional raider, so I dont know as much about the wvw meta.

TL;DR: Mirage is cancer and the devs are losing balance whack a mole.

condi has to be overloaded becouse kitten like firebrand exist.cmirage is not even good anymore, just annoying, not once have I fought cmirage and was powerless to do anything, you want mirage to die? awesome! what is left for us to play then? core? no it kitten sucks, chrono? dont make me laught.

Power is fine. Try playing an actual mesmer instead of spamming condi cancer?

Power abusing halfbaked 2012 game design mechanics to overlap 8 pulses of serious damage all at once to consistently one shot people within only a fraction of a second of a tell is not what I would call healthy good game design.

Power and Condi mesmer have the exact opposite problems right now and neither are good ideal design for PvP. Power Mesmer is able to overlap far too many pulses of damage all at once very reliable with little in terms of animation or cast time to use. Mantras and Greatsword need reworks to that prevents them from being able to one shot players, while also making them a bit more flexible with better sustained pressure.

Your "instaoneshotting godmodesmer" turns into a fresh meat for enemy team once they know u are full oneshot and if enemy have a thief that isnt braindead, he will spawncamp you the entire game, any condi damage turns you into fleeing (especially that has weakness). Oh ye, forgot, once you oneshot someone, you are the next one who is going down ;) .They alrdy aim to nerf mantras for some reason "wvw centric change", probably oneshotted zergs now.I tried this build and it was real trash for me, random blocks/evades/barriers/passives and they just way more tanky than you can "oneshot", for the reasons stated above I never even touch it.But I fully support GS rework,its just a garbage weapon (2012 hello,never buffed but nerfed xD) with the only one niche place - oneshot.

I acctually like GS on berserker mesmer, trying to dish out sustained damage. ofc holo does everything it does but better and more but its still alright.gs trait + 5% dmg on movement impared foes and it actually packs a punch!

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

On topic: People who hate condi generally ignore the fact that cleanse is equally power-crept. They just want to eliminate an entire half of the game's damage system so they can focus on the one they prefer. If condi was so great, there would be more than just 2 or 3 good condi specs in sPvP. People may find those specs annoying, but there are power specs that are just as obnoxious, if not outright broken ( cough Holo cough ).

People hate on condi mirage because as an Anet dev said, its "degenerate play". Infinite Horizon should be deleted from the game imo. It promotes a passive playstyle that allows a condi mirage to spend 75%+ of a fight kiting, evading, stealthing, ect. while still dealing very high damage. Its similar to the old condi on clone death and power phantasm Mesmer builds that were deleted from the game because as it turns out, builds that don't need to actually engage you in order to deal damage tend to be pretty fucking broken. Naturally some numbers would need to be tweaked and condi ambush skills would need to be adjusted so that they're impactful on their own, but it could be done.

The overall bonus to Mesmer is that fun and balanced builds will no longer need to be completely killed off in order to make minor nerfs to condi mirage.

@Jables.4659 said:

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

On topic: People who hate condi generally ignore the fact that cleanse is equally power-crept. They just want to eliminate an entire half of the game's damage system so they can focus on the one they prefer. If condi was so great, there would be more than just 2 or 3 good condi specs in sPvP. People may find those specs annoying, but there are power specs that are just as obnoxious, if not outright broken (
cough
Holo
cough
).

People hate on condi mirage because as an Anet dev said, its "degenerate play". Infinite Horizon should be deleted from the game imo. It promotes a passive playstyle that allows a condi mirage to spend 75%+ of a fight kiting, evading, stealthing, ect. while still dealing very high damage. Its similar to the old condi on clone death and power phantasm Mesmer builds that were deleted from the game because as it turns out, builds that don't need to actually engage you in order to deal damage tend to be pretty kitten broken. Naturally some numbers would need to be tweaked and condi ambush skills would need to be adjusted so that they're impactful on their own, but it could be done.

The overall bonus to Mesmer is that fun and balanced builds will no longer need to be completely killed off in order to make minor nerfs to condi mirage.

and that would leave us in place where our mechanic is hurting us more then our enemies, where it gives perma stability to holo, shitton of life force for necro to spam shields back to back, perma might and adrenaline for warriors. Good place to be in.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

and that would leave us in place where our mechanic is hurting us more then our enemies, where it gives perma stability to holo, kitten of life force for necro to spam shields back to back, perma might and adrenaline for warriors. Good place to be in.

I don't want Anet to remove IH and call it a day. There are a plenty of other changes that would need to be done in order to balance mirage. That being said, you're making it sound way worse than it would be. Boon strip exists, and atm without IH the only other GM trait option does just that.

@Jables.4659 said:

and that would leave us in place where our mechanic is hurting us more then our enemies, where it gives perma stability to holo, kitten of life force for necro to spam shields back to back, perma might and adrenaline for warriors. Good place to be in.

I don't want Anet to remove IH and call it a day. There are a plenty of other changes that would need to be done in order to balance mirage. That being said, you're making it sound way worse than it would be. Boon strip exists, and atm without IH the only other GM trait option does just that.

well I guess counterplay to My own mechanic fucking me over is walking up to a enemy melee class during their godmode on, why havent I thought of that.what about reapers that get free lifeforce? or warriors that get free might+adrenaline and heals? what about bouncing attacks? we get hit more by them becouse we are mesmers, right? As many others have said, IH should be baseline, should be nerfed, and damage should be shifted to mesmer.Its pointless for me to dodge corona only for holo to get perma stab anyways from my lovely clones.Or dodge only for all my clones to get wiped by gs3 from warrior anyways, giving him 3-6 might and healing him alot.

@Jables.4659 said:

I don't want Anet to remove IH and call it a day. There are a plenty of other changes that would need to be done in order to balance mirage. That being said, you're making it sound way worse than it would be.

Removing IH would delete mirage from existence entirely. Unless they give mirage something really busted in return which would be the reason to complain about it again

@praqtos.9035 said:

I don't want Anet to remove IH and call it a day. There are a plenty of other changes that would need to be done in order to balance mirage. That being said, you're making it sound way worse than it would be.

Removing IH would delete mirage from existence entirely. Unless they give mirage something really busted in return which would be the reason to complain about it again

yep would be unplayable in both pve and pvp. Its just the main appeal of the spec really.even on GS the ambush from clones can hit for good 600-800, it adds up from the damage alone.