AOE Ranger build help

MrFisticuffs.7306

Tweak my build to help with my AOE folks:).....thought about going axe instead of dagger but dagger is a lot better when i'm on one enemie i believe...However i do miss beastmasterie line cause i prefer having my pet out and about instead of inside me anyways for open world. Plus i guess that would give me the master trait for Axe...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POxAUd/lVwsYdsJ2JWePnL/KWZE-zRZYBRgskYmRdecKEE1zgIBYlAqTBEKUMcBC3a7SYD-e

axe/torch, SB, beastmasterie build

Best AoE build for a ranger is trap build. And you have to lure the enemy to a specific location for it to be viable. If the enemy knows your location, and that your kneeling, they know Traps are being set, and they know to avoid that spot. However...if the enemy is unaware of that little spot, or it's a dumb AI...they will waltz right through the traps, and burn, bleed, and die quickly. Add Axe/Axe #5 on that trap area...and your going to Cuisinart the enemy into little bits and pieces of bleeding flaming rubble.

@MrFisticuffs.7306 said:axe/axe and short bow?

Since it looks like you're trying to go hybrid, yes, I think axe/axe would work better for your build as listed instead of axe/torch. I find that axe/torch doesn't perform as well as I'd like unless running Quick Draw to make torch 5 accessible more quickly.

Light on your feet actually makes shortbow something of a cleaving weapon if you're good at targeting through enemies.

I myself prefer full Viper stat builds for most situations, but will run full Trailblazer when I don't care about adding on power damage but need a bit more survivability. Is the extra vitality from Carrion gear something you really need? If you don't find yourself under constant threat of death, I suggest trying to run full Viper for more condi duration and a marginal increase in power dps output.

"I myself prefer full Viper stat builds for most situations, but will run full Trailblazer when I don't care about adding on power damage but need a bit more survivability. Is the extra vitality from Carrion gear something you really need? If you don't find yourself under constant threat of death, I suggest trying to run full Viper for more condi duration and a marginal increase in power dps output."

My plan is full vipers soon. Just using Carrion cause i gotem easy vi Dungeon Tokes:)