why kessex hills map still havent been fixed?

JUN YANG.4328

I just came back from 3 yrs break. went to kessex hill last night. why that map still havent been fixed? after all these year. still like a landfill.
i am not expect a rebuild like lion's arch, at least clean up all those garbage. this is against the concept of living story.i think the new player dont really know what i am taking about.

Because of the changes from Season 2 onward being instanced, while everything from Season 1 is literally part of Core Tyria maps. This shift also marks the point where the regions of the game world are now effectively locked in Time, so the content is permanently accessible for Players wanting to go back to it. So since Kessex hills was a disaster zone prior to Season 2, it gets to stay a disaster zone.

But judging by the backlash to Lion's arch, it seems the community doesn't like remodelling projects.

@starlinvf.1358 said:Because of the changes from Season 2 onward being instanced, while everything from Season 1 is literally part of Core Tyria maps. This shift also marks the point where the regions of the game world are now effectively locked in Time, so the content is permanently accessible for Players wanting to go back to it. So since Kessex hills was a disaster zone prior to Season 2, it gets to stay a disaster zone.

But judging by the backlash to Lion's arch, it seems the community doesn't like remodelling projects.

Or perhaps they just don't have anyone that could fix the map around anymore.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:I just came back from 3 yrs break. went to kessex hill last night. why that map still havent been fixed? after all these year. still like a landfill.

i am not expect a rebuild like lion's arch, at least clean up all those garbage. this is against the concept of living story.i think the new player dont really know what i am taking about.That was my first thought as well when i returned.. It used to be one of my favorite maps, now i detest the place.. Its kinda like orr we killed zaitan 7 years ago but its still never gotten cleaned up, all our efforts were for nothing.@starlinvf.1358 said:Because of the changes from Season 2 onward being instanced, while everything from Season 1 is literally part of Core Tyria maps. This shift also marks the point where the regions of the game world are now effectively locked in Time, so the content is permanently accessible for Players wanting to go back to it. So since Kessex hills was a disaster zone prior to Season 2, it gets to stay a disaster zone.

Actually the new lions arch grew on me over time.. The old one i never really liked because i dislike Pirates they just do not appeal.

I can't imagine any reason why changing it back would be bad. I don't think anything season 2 or beyond requires the map be how it is now. They can just revert it's set time to what it was before and maybe keep some of the new events that don't require the whole map to be messed up. Some people might be a little shook and need to adjust but I think it would be overall better for the new player experience.

As for Lion's Arch, I didn't really get to see the original one and when I started playing (two years after the game came out) I didn't know that the destroyed one was destroyed, I just thought the place was meant to be like that. However, when I go into old LA through story instances, I can't say I like it. Everything was dingy brown, there was very little colour, lighting, or shadows, and it just feels very blegh. I know that people who started playing before me have a lot of memories with original LA and miss it a lot, but I wouldn't be all that happy with it coming back.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:What did it used to look like? Any pictures?

That's an old guide video from the original version of the map.

What was the thing that blew up in the centre?

LS1 Tower of Nightmares. before HOT release

Wish i could have been there. Was it fun back then?

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

back then it really call living story. the map will change because of event.like lion arch it use to look like:

i dont mind change. but dont abandoned. left all the rubbish ever where.

old LS use had good memory. not like today's LS only map expand. if so why call LS? call mini expansion then.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Personally I think it was one of the best events in GW2 history, it was amazing that map changed and added so much new things.

@starlinvf.1358 said:Because of the changes from Season 2 onward being instanced, while everything from Season 1 is literally part of Core Tyria maps. This shift also marks the point where the regions of the game world are now effectively locked in Time, so the content is permanently accessible for Players wanting to go back to it. So since Kessex hills was a disaster zone prior to Season 2, it gets to stay a disaster zone.

But judging by the backlash to Lion's arch, it seems the community doesn't like remodelling projects.Or, possibly, they may just not like the current LA and don't think it was an improvement over the old one.

Beware, don't ask to much, they will put concrete everywhere, will become sealand amusement park 2. I agree the current state doesn't make any sense.

But hey, peeps prefer new maps each 3 months instead of fixing old ones.It it was me, I would have hired additionnal devs assigned to maintenance of old maps: fixing events bugs, cleaning things related to old ls1 steps, removing useless merchant like mordrem collector at durmand priory...

@JUN YANG.4328 said:I just came back from 3 yrs break. went to kessex hill last night. why that map still havent been fixed? after all these year. still like a landfill.

i am not expect a rebuild like lion's arch, at least clean up all those garbage.

I always get so sad when I travel through Kessex Hill. I truly hope they will start a clean up / restauration some day!

@Astralporing.1957 said:

But judging by the backlash to Lion's arch, it seems the community doesn't like remodelling projects.Or, possibly, they may just not like the current LA and don't think it was an improvement over the old one.

Is it bad i think its worse? Everything is so spread out now :/

On topic: Yea i would love to have Kessex hills fixed.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I never saw another version than current Kessex Hills and I like the current version. I still like to see an instanced lws1 but thats another story.

mate. this is the memory for veterans. back in the old days there are no lvl boost. every single character need to spend long time on this map. i still remember lvling by running around for event. try to get to lvl 30, after that is dungeon time. thats how to reach lvl 80