Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Suggestion] Tiny suggestion for "liberator's vow" trait's versatility


Grimheart.2853

Recommended Posts

TL;DR: I suggest doubling the quickness duration on liberator's vow, while doubling the cooldown as well, making for a better synergy with other healing skills, increasing the overall versatility of the trait.


I was screwing around trying to come up with a healer FB boonbot build and liberator's vow trait got me a little bit cornered.

Liberator's vow: Grant allies quickness when you use your heal skill (CD: 12 seconds)

Trait's CD is perfectly aligned with heal mantra's CD, making an obvious synergy. What got me thinking, however, is that the trait basically synergyzes well 'only' with mantra heal, since other guardian heal skills have their CD on 25s (Litany if wrath), 35s (Signet of resolve) and 30s (everything else). So I propose doubling the CD on Liberator's vow, while doubling the amount of quickness, making it basically the same in numbers, but helping it tie together with other heal skills, like "recieve the light" shout heal, that has very good raw healig support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Quickness is such a powerful boon, it definitely seems like Liberator's Vow was set up to force you into using the healing Mantra.But if we're talking about making adjustments to make the trait better with other healing skills, then the range problem is just as bad as the internal cooldown.

Liberator's Vow only hits a 240 radius.
Receive the light is a 600 range cone.
So even if the ICD and duration were doubled, that would be very awkward to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@phor.7952 said:Since Quickness is such a powerful boon, it definitely seems like Liberator's Vow was set up to force you into using the healing Mantra.But if we're talking about making adjustments to make the trait better with other healing skills, then the range problem is just as bad as the internal cooldown.

Liberator's Vow only hits a 240 radius.

Receive the light is a 600 range cone.

So even if the ICD and duration were doubled, that would be very awkward to use.

A powerful boon indeed, except it's supposed to be permanently covered in a PvE squad, and in PvP you'd rather just take more pages instead of such a shady and unreliable trait.

I can't see how range is a problem. It may not fit the shout's range, but neither does it fit mantra's range. You can stack tighter for vow to work, but "recieve the light", for example, has different functionality, which is raw healing, while mantra's functionality is to prevent damage.

...Honestly I just wanna have my trusty "recieve the light" back so I can push my "healer/boonbot firebrand" idea's functionality a bit further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ezrael.6859 said:For a trait that provides an active offensive boon when using a heal skill (which is already a situational activity and a sacrifice if used simply for the buff) it already warrants a buff as 2s of Quickness is rather weak.

Improving synergy with other skills would already be a buff, plus capping concentration would make it 8 seconds of quickness, which would be quite strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Grimheart.2853 said:I can't see how range is a problem. It may not fit the shout's range, but neither does it fit mantra's range.It covers the vast majority of the Mantra area.And the range of Mantras is so small (short cone, TINY radius) that you're probably already trying to stack if you're using Mantras.That's just a disadvantage of playing with mantras (offset by their relative strength and how often you can use them).If you stack, then the range on Vow doesn't really matter.

But people don't generally stack when using shouts.To hit with both receive the light and the quickness from Vow, you'd only have a 240 range cone instead of 600.You don't think that would be a problem? A 240 cone is TINY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anything, they need to reduce the icd. Currently, it doesn't even sync up with Solace if you have alacrity or use the mantra trait, so you have to track an invisible cooldown, or hit it at random and hope for the best.

It's buffling how short-sighted the design of firebrand was, and supposedly they worked for over a year on these specs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@phor.7952 said:

@Grimheart.2853 said:I can't see how range is a problem. It may not fit the shout's range, but neither does it fit mantra's range.It covers the vast majority of the Mantra area.And the range of Mantras is so small (short cone, TINY radius) that you're probably already trying to stack if you're using Mantras.That's just a disadvantage of playing with mantras (offset by their relative strength and how often you can use them).If you stack, then the range on Vow doesn't really matter.

But people don't generally stack when using shouts.To hit with both receive the light and the quickness from Vow, you'd only have a 240 range cone instead of 600.You don't think that would be a problem? A 240 cone is TINY.

People generally stack in meaningful PvE enviroment. Period.

I don't think that would be a problem. People would have to stack in front of FB anyway, be it for mantra or for shout. Using shout doesn't magically force people to scatter because it kinda has a larger area. But even then, vow procs once and "recieve the light" pulses, allowing to relocate and direct it afterwards.

Really not seeing the validity in that complaint yet...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...