WvW what's the status of the job in progress after your note of last 30th of August ?

Duca di Ebonhawke.1045

• 2 weeks later...

What about giving us news at least for the first point of those two ? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

_**World Vs. WorldScaling Objective RewardsWe’re looking to add some additional rewards to WvW. One of the big ways we’re looking into doing this is added rewards for capturing and defending objectives that scale up based on how big the action was. For example successfully capturing a keep that was defended by 50 players should be a lot more rewarding than capturing a keep that was completely undefended.**_

World RestructuringWorld restructuring, commonly referred to as the Alliance system, remains our top priority for WvW. We’re not going into details on this post, since a lot of detail has been released previously. We are still not in a place where we feel comfortable releasing a target date, but we are still working on it.

There remain big issues in WvW there are not addressed by World Restructuring. The biggest one is finding a means to make winning mean something in WvW without motivating players to burn themselves out trying to maintain 24/7 coverage. We have some early designs built around this and will be investigating them once World Restructuring is finished so it is a bit too early for us to go into details around the ideas, but we’re thinking about them.

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Dear Anet, Stephanie ,after your note of last 30th of August we have not got any additional info or update.Please can you give us news with even if possible high level plan of timing ?Thanks

Dear Customer,

What? Progress? We'll tell you when anything happens when it happens and not a moment before! And you will be grateful!

We can report that the intern has made 238 cups of coffee this week and spent 68 minutes working on wvw, so things are progressing excellently and on current projections alliances should be ready by 2025 at the latest. Unless another NPC needs a new colour hat in which case that date may slip a bit. In the meantime our horse riding buddies will continue to defend the indefensable.(clearly this is tongue in cheek for those who don't recognise humour).

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@SlateSloan.3654 said:they are on plan with it.

end of month they have build templates released then they start working on alliances.

no delays they are on plan.

No delays? It's been almost 2 years since they first mentioned alliances. It's like they're working on a cure for all diseases or something. It's taking too long for sure

Figuring out how to get transfer cash and still have balanced populations is a hurculean task. I sure can't think of a way to get people to pay for no advantage ?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@SlateSloan.3654 said:they are on plan with it.

end of month they have build templates released then they start working on alliances.

no delays they are on plan.

No delays? It's been almost 2 years since they first mentioned alliances. It's like they're working on a cure for all diseases or something. It's taking too long for sure

Figuring out how to get transfer cash and still have balanced populations is a hurculean task. I sure can't think of a way to get people to pay for no advantage ?

This is it right here. We'll get alliances when it goes to maintenance mode like GW1 in preparation for GW2 (or the studio closing).

Dear Anet, Stephanie @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 ,let me allow my two cents from my professional experience.When a customer , ( and in this case a loyal I play since GW and been since beta time in GW2 ), place a question and also in a manner way, it is a good rule to answer even with a generic statement but do not ignore if you do not want give the feeling that you do not care of your customers.I am sure you have been very busy, so I am confident you will find the time I hope soon for an answer.ThanksDuca di Ebonhawke

Considering that the apr 02 update said they had the programming team working on it and the post-aug 30 outrage poodle said that they were going to have all hands on deck after swiss - we can safely conclude that they lied.

Beyond that, while there was a roadmap on apr 02, that does not really constitute a vision because it just reaffirmed us that they would finish what they had begun two years ago (swiss and alliances) with little to no mention of what to expect beyond that, how to expect it or when to expect it. I'm not saying that we need to know any deadlines that can't be followed but a vision would imply having an idea of where you would like to lead things over the next few years. It would outline an ambition. At this point we know that they are working on alliances (or so they say, fool me once etc.) but we also have no idea what they want to do beyond that, they've only commented on something they could do, they haven't even affirmed that they actually want to do it or are willing to commit any necessary resources to it. The apr 02 update probably just had something Mike Z asked about from Ray-Ben's scrapbooks, asking them for a bone to toss.

A vision would imply a direction to go down and at least some commitment of the resources required to get there. While a team with ample resources can still have productivity issues, run into problems or reprioritize projects, at this point we don't even know if they are willing to commit any form of tangible resources to WvW past alliances (or to sPvP, or instanced PvE, etc.). We know that they have four content teams for the sagas and the rest is pretty much a blur with a competetive team and a programming team that seems to be doing a little bit of everthing. The only vision they have commited to is the sagas.

They mentioned how they were looking forward to talking about WvW in the comming months, yet it's soon midway through october now and not a single word has been uttered. Talking about something assumes communication and that requires something of a continuous dialogue which they haven't even begun yet. Not a single peep.

They could easily shut the likes of me up with a simple announcement of committing 25 employees full time to WvW, to deal with the 7-year backlog of broken pipes and promises, to later take the mode into the future over a credible amount of stretches. That would mean that I would likely stop hemorrhaging friends and be more sympathetic to if the company hemorrhaged friends. It would also make me more inclined to buy gems than the Warclaw did. Cosmetics are a good way to monetize but we tend to buy them to support the company's work on the product. The industry people who wholeheartedly believe that we spend out of want in a world even if the world is not appealing are living a pipe dream. We pay for the product and the cosmetics only hold value if we care the product and it's world.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Please can you give us news with even if possible high level plan of timing ?ThanksThey said they would gave us more information in the following months. They announced Alliances just 20 months ago, so be patient because news are just about the corner.

Heh... it’s good to be new.

And/or naive