Good Profession Pairings Conquest?

Nor.2057

Was wondering what would be your personal opinion on good Conquest map profession pairings that synergizes well that you have noticed , so far my buddy and i we've had good matches on: bursty DH w Tanky Healing Tempest also Support|Power Renegade w Bunker|Bursty Scourge (of course dependable on specific builds) but just to mention a few personal simple examples wanted to know your opinion...in general on Profession Pairings...

Right now im think to select a class and build that could tag well w my buddy's Condi Mirage any recommendations on that specifically as well as in general :)?

pd: i know everything can work with everything but im sure there might be better synergies out there with certain specific profession n builds pairs! share those!

I run a support tempest build and when I play with my little cousin we do [relatively] fine when paired with his DH, or his symbol guardian. Granted, his skill level is about 3 divisions below me so it is hard to say if the synergy would be better if paired with someone of my own level.

I also have found that on soloQ scourage with my tempest build is actually pretty good. Basically tempest is good at assisting people who need CC setup/ peeling/ healing/condi cleanses, like revenant, scourage or mesmers. Of course it is already hard to test this as it is, since before the game even starts Im already getting berated for playing tempest and/or becoming the scapegoat from very vocal toxic people who will go through the trouble of sending nasty mail when Im already perma offline to stop that harassment (which is funny, if my build was as bad as they imply, then I wouldn't be in the same, or higher rank than them...)

Because I have stopped caring much about rankings and more about having fun with my cousin, it is significantly more fun to play with someone Im close to even though our skill levels might not be the same (which is mostly due to his inexperience with the game; he logs pretty much only to do story when a new release comes out and then waiting for the next release, although he used to play dungeons with me back when that was a thing) than to be farming for rank with meta builds that I dont particularly enjoy.

As of now, we create our own little weird builds (mostly me bored, theory crafting a damage build, forcing him to play it so I can support him with FB or tempest, as of lately he has become my pocket-damaged-dealer so I can get to play support). And we have created some surprisingly effective burn builds that are incredibly fun to pull off.

Honestly I highly advice you to find someone you enjoy playing with, and spam games with weird, fun builds, since Anet seem to have not intentions of making SoloQ, a PROPER SOLOQ. Population is already so low that Im literally getting Silver 3 / Gold 1 people in my P1 matches, rank has stopped mattering at this point as far as match quality goes, and only matter for pips farming (which has netted me 400+ transmutation charges, countless liquid gold and too many useless tomes). I already played PvP when there were no rewards, so to me thats just icing on the top.

@Fortus.6175 said:I run a support tempest build and when I play with my little cousin we do [relatively] fine when paired with his DH, or his symbol guardian. Granted, his skill level is about 3 divisions below me so it is hard to say if the synergy would be better if paired with someone of my own level.

I also have found that on soloQ scourage with my tempest build is actually pretty good. Basically tempest is good at assisting people who need CC setup/ peeling/ healing/condi cleanses, like revenant, scourage or mesmers. Of course it is already hard to test this as it is, since before the game even starts Im already getting berated for playing tempest and/or becoming the scapegoat from very vocal toxic people who will go through the trouble of sending nasty mail when Im already perma offline to stop that harassment (which is funny, if my build was as bad as they imply, then I wouldn't be in the same, or higher rank than them...)

Because I have stopped caring much about rankings and more about having fun with my cousin, it is significantly more fun to play with someone Im close to even though our skill levels might not be the same (which is mostly due to his inexperience with the game; he logs pretty much only to do story when a new release comes out and then waiting for the next release, although he used to play dungeons with me back when that was a thing) than to be farming for rank with meta builds that I dont particularly enjoy.

As of now, we create our own little weird builds (mostly me bored, theory crafting a damage build, forcing him to play it so I can support him with FB or tempest, as of lately he has become my pocket-damaged-dealer so I can get to play support). And we have created some surprisingly effective burn builds that are incredibly fun to pull off.

Honestly I highly advice you to find someone you enjoy playing with, and spam games with weird, fun builds, since Anet seem to have not intentions of making SoloQ, a PROPER SOLOQ. Population is already so low that Im literally getting Silver 3 / Gold 1 people in my P1 matches, rank has stopped mattering at this point as far as rank quality goes, and only matter for pips farming (which has netted me 400+ transmutation charges, countless liquid gold and too many useless tomes). I already played PvP when there were no rewards, so to me thats just icing on the top.

You sir and/or madam, not caring about ranking and focusing on he joy of playing gives me a glimmer of hope that PvP toxicity can be saved, thus saving teh health of the game mode.

@Nor.2057 said:Was wondering what would be your personal opinion on good Conquest map profession pairings that synergizes well that you have noticed , so far my buddy and i we've had good matches on: bursty DH w Tanky Healing Tempest also Support|Power Renegade w Bunker|Bursty Scourge (of course dependable on specific builds) but just to mention a few personal simple examples wanted to know your opinion...in general on Profession Pairings...

Right now im think to select a class and build that could tag well w my buddy's Condi Mirage any recommendations on that specifically as well as in general :)?

pd: i know everything can work with everything but im sure there might be better synergies out there with certain specific profession n builds pairs! share those!

In general when I look for a duo partner I prefer something that can handle the classes / specs that I don't deal too well with.For example, as a condi mirage you may struggle with thieves so a holo would be a good partner since it can deal with them for you.

@birdboy.6509 said:

@Nor.2057 said:Was wondering what would be your personal opinion on good Conquest map profession pairings that synergizes well that you have noticed , so far my buddy and i we've had good matches on: bursty DH w Tanky Healing Tempest also Support|Power Renegade w Bunker|Bursty Scourge (of course dependable on specific builds) but just to mention a few personal simple examples wanted to know your opinion...in general on Profession Pairings...

In general when I look for a duo partner I prefer something that can handle the classes / specs that I don't deal too well with.For example, as a condi mirage you may struggle with thieves so a holo would be a good partner since it can deal with them for you.

Don't condi thieves counter both mirage and holo though?