ATs are great, but they need a real progression system

I'm not talking about gold rewards, those are already fine, but the only people who get anything that actually shows off that they play tournaments are the ones who end up at the monthly's top (they get the title, rewards, and stuff like that).

For the other 99% of the participant there is nothing to show off. The current rewards are fine for motivating some people to get better and that's very important, but there really is nothing that just promotes people to stick around long term.

I propose something similar to the /rank emote and finishers, but based on either QP earned last month or total. Years ago when ranks still meant something it was great, after every match you felt a sense of progressin as your rank bar kept going up, now win or lose I don't feel a damn thing. Who cares if I'm r356 or 357, there's nothing after r80 and everyone has it.

ATs would be perfect for bringing that experience back, the feeling that you are making progress. I don't have any concrete progression system worked out for it, it's just an idea I think would do a great service to PvP.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:I'm not talking about gold rewards, those are already fine, but the only people who get anything that actually shows off that they play tournaments are the ones who end up at the monthly's top (they get the title, rewards, and stuff like that).

For the other 99% of the participant there is nothing to show off. The current rewards are fine for motivating some people to get better and that's very important, but there really is nothing that just promotes people to stick around long term.

I propose something similar to the /rank emote and finishers, but based on either QP earned last month or total. Years ago when ranks still meant something it was great, after every match you felt a sense of progressin as your rank bar kept going up, now win or lose I don't feel a kitten thing. Who cares if I'm r356 or 357, there's nothing after r80 and everyone has it.

ATs would be perfect for bringing that experience back, the feeling that you are making progress. I don't have any concrete progression system worked out for it, it's just an idea I think would do a great service to PvP.

Yeah anet made a terrible choice when they gave everyone rank 80, it basicly destroyed any use of /rank to show off experience. I do think ATs need to have more titles, or ranks associated with it, since getting first place in the mAT is the only way to get a AT title. ATs are alot harder than ranked games, they should be the most prestigious titles, and rewards in the game, since it is the hardest part in entire gw2.

@masskillerxploit.2165 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:Then you would just have people afk the first round for participation points.

I think you should get points from a second source.. like only for getting to the finals of a AT, you progress some title reward track or something.

Then we are back to the first problem which is only the top 1% get to show off something for their efforts.

I like what they did with ranked rewards, giving titles for different brackets and reusing the same titles for future seasons. This means players who obtain "god of pvp" really do not have any motive for competing in future seasons for anything other than bragging rights.

The problem with the monthly is the rewards are swapped out each month with a new graphically overpowered floating above your head eye cancer item. The champions sun, champions crown, champions moon. These items are amazing but by swapping it out each month you are basically just stuffing the 1%'ers inventory slots with more items when only one can be used at a time. These items are amazing because they are the only items you can use in pvp. Same with thoughtless and selfless potions. Maybe make more items for lower tiers that are less graphically overpowered eye cancer and reuse some of the graphically overpowered eye cancer items for 1st place so the people who already have it just move on to something else.

The monthly from our necros perspective, last minute pick up group, we got 5th place, had lots of fun:

I am pvp rank 430, that means I recompleted dragon rank 5.37x times with no new finishers or /rank emotes.

Archived