What is the oldest thing you have on the trading post?

chad.8701

I have a green item from the betas that is still up. Over 7 years now and if I remember correctly, its anniversary is around March or April according to the TP.

And no I don't know how it escaped the character purges from the beta. All I know is that is months older than my day one headstart character.

I think the oldest I’ve ever had is 6 months. I’ve started taking things down and relisting after 2 months as I’ve found if something hasn’t sold in 2 months it’s probably not going to sell any time reasonable.

Edit: I forgot I had a couple stacks of fireworks stashed on the trading post. They sat there for 3 years and then the price unexpectedly spiked and they sold when ANet made them necessary for holiday AP. Made a lot of gold selling off all the fireworks stored in my personal guild bank. :)

2 lots of Halloween tonics which are coming up on 3 years old.

Normally if stuff doesn't sell in 15 days I take it down and re-list it, or salvage it (or sell it to an NPC). I have one black lion weapon skin from somewhere or other which has been up for 20 days because there's only 1 listing below it, so relisting seems pointless. But these I can't do anything else with. I'll never use them myself and can't sell them to a merchant so if I take them off the TP it would only be to delete them, and since there's no harm in keeping them on there I'm just leaving them.

@crepuscular.9047 said:this is why GW2 needs BDO's listing price system to ensure things get sold

Haven't played BDO so I can't talk to that but there is also no penalty for a buyer underpricing which to me is still wrong. I get why they did it but it just continues to drive all items to junk over time which encourages people to buy gold since their actual loot is worthless. Put a non-returnable fee on placing buy orders and I think that would help bring things to their true value.

Oldest is a single passion fruit from over 5 years ago that I fat-fingered when I entered the sell price and accidentally listed at 6s24c. Never removed.Also have a single 5+ year old gold ore at 4s 4c, probably from a similar error.Oldest deliberate listing is a Nomad's Emblazoned Shoulder recipe at 5+ years at 7s14c. Looks like the price hovered around 7s5c for a while, but never quite hit my sell order.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:this is why GW2 needs BDO's listing price system to ensure things get sold

Haven't played BDO so I can't talk to that but there is also no penalty for a buyer underpricing which to me is still wrong.

I havent played for ages, but it's a very controlled market economy, price volatility is kept at a minimumif i recall correctly, how BDO's auction house listing price works is there's a fixed range of how much % (of the max listed price) cheaper the lowest listing price can be

say if the range is 10% and the highest listing price is 100g, no one can list anything under 90gto drive the listing price lower, players have to clear off the 100g listingsto drive the listing price higher, which can only be done if the entire market for the item is cleared out to list % above the last highest listed price sold

the buy orders have to be higher than the last known lowest list price

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Haven't played BDO so I can't talk to that but there is also no penalty for a buyer underpricing which to me is still wrong.

I havent played for ages, but it's a very controlled market economy, price volatility is kept at a minimumif i recall correctly, how BDO's auction house listing price works is there's a fixed range of how much % (of the max listed price) cheaper the lowest listing price can be

say if the range is 10% and the highest listing price is 100g, no one can list anything under 90gto drive the listing price lower, players have to clear off the 100g listingsto drive the listing price higher, which can only be done if the entire market for the item is cleared out to list % above the last highest listed price sold

the buy orders have to be higher than the last known lowest list price

Interesting, will have to look for more information on it. I admit I am fan of the game within the game that trading posts/ auctions houses are in ingame economics.