Another Shield 5 Idea

Virdo.1540

How about leaving it how it is now, but only with a little buff.Since the renegade can make an extra 50%condi-dmg reduction just with his healing, how about making the Shield 5 being able to give:

• to 5 allies
  • in a 360 Range
  • an 40% Physical damage reductionwhile the skill being channeled.

Just bringing up an idea. Its kinda less being discussed in the rev section^^

@Yannir.4132 said:A Diviner Herald stacking Protection beforehand, then using Rite of the Great Dwarf and then channeling this could make his entire party 100% damage resistant for its duration. Sounds a bit overpowered. Cool idea but needs some work.

u know damage reductions wouldnt really stack that well, ye? If my calculations r right, it would be with all of those + the shield idea around 65-70%dmg reduction.

And tbh, it (shield5) would be still too weak for that energy-cost, but maybe people would think of actually using a shield.The most people use shiro before dwarf anyway

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:A Diviner Herald stacking Protection beforehand, then using Rite of the Great Dwarf and then channeling this could make his entire party 100% damage resistant for its duration. Sounds a bit overpowered. Cool idea but needs some work.

u know damage reductions wouldnt really stack that well, ye?and tbh, it would be still too less for that energy-cost. but maybe people would think of actually using a shield.The most people use shiro before dwarf anyway

It would still be a 87% damage reduction if calculated multiplicatively. Add Scrapper runes and Frost Aura, and you get even lower.

@Yannir.4132 said:

u know damage reductions wouldnt really stack that well, ye?and tbh, it would be still too less for that energy-cost. but maybe people would think of actually using a shield.The most people use shiro before dwarf anyway

It would still be a 87% damage reduction if calculated multiplicatively. Add Scrapper runes and Frost Aura, and you get even lower.

but u have to think about that u would drain everything of ur energy supply for that 4sec dmg reduction ,which will have a pretty long cd

@"Aeolus.3615" said:I can imagine that happening, while rooting and healing affected allies would have a condi cleanse per your pulse and crystal Huber nation would reduce damage to affected alies inside dome, anet would have to increase some size in the animation I think.

not inside the dome, just a "aoe" around it

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:I can imagine that happening, while rooting and healing affected allies would have a condi cleanse per your pulse and crystal Huber nation would reduce damage to affected alies inside dome, anet would have to increase some size in the animation I think.

not inside the dome, just a "aoe" around it

Would work same way just a matter of making enemies noticing it ;p at least some visual counterplay has in have a chance for enemy know if they gona blown the best skills or not.

Sorry about typos, phone spellchecking is OP.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:but u have to think about that u would drain everything of ur energy supply for that 4sec dmg reduction ,which will have a pretty long cd

You didn't mention this would drain energy until now...So would it drain energy every time you reduce an allies damage? With a base energy drain of -4?

nope i was talking about ur max-dmg reduction thing. All energy on glint goes into protection, all energy on dwarf to the Rite of Dwarf + the standard (high) energy cost of activating shield5

It would be nice to have the healing and cleanses shared around, however the damage reduction is too much. Herald can already instantly give protection without much trouble in a large radius and conditon removal with condition damage reduction is straight up OP, let's not do that. Removal is good enough.

Shield 4 protection needs to last longer for both user and allies, the chances of double application with this skill at too low and is so clunky that very often it's better used and self on feet.

Can already be done as Renegade easily on self Righteous Rebel using Vengeful Hammers along Steadfast or Versed in Stone for teammates with RotGD, it's fair given the AoE summon can be CC and so the user.

If shield 4 will work properly, then I'm ok with shield 5 as it is right now. But this is just briliant idea. Whole Glint concept is around buffing your teamates. So I dont get it why shield is so luckluster, both skills. And this one is so selfish. We all know that. Everything that will happend to the shield, will be good. Every change can be only better.Keep animation of buble and just increase it. Make it like a Dome in Retri line. Whatever. and it cost 20 energy. Temporal Rift and frigid blitz are 20 combined.

Overkill would be giving allies glint heal for 1sec or per hit(4 pulses= 4hits converted to the heals). So total 4 stack. And make it that they work only while casting Shield5.Would it be OP? probably yes. Would it be game breaking? Hell not. Give it a visual so opposing players can react. Or Even make a trait for it.its 25second CD but on revenant and cost is 20Energy. Mabye we can get out of staff slavery. Rev as caster doesnt get that heal as others thru temporary infuse light.WvW-Blob? usefulPvP-i can see a teamfighter, it cannot push FB out, but that's it's not purpose herePvE-Raid/dung/FoTM- Well there it is not that good, as healer Renegade is more popular here, and Ventari si just a must, and Staff is right now top i dare to say. But still you can use it here

Open World- everything work here

Off Topic:Still think Shield 4 could be "strike from above" instead of orb projectile(is it lore referance?), just splash of light maybe some "crystals in it" on the area. Bum. No need to tuch numbers, they are fine. Instantly 100% better off hand. No orb disappearing in the mist while on the way to heal :lol: just like symbols work(scepter for example)

@"Catchyfx.5768" said:If shield 4 will work properly, then I'm ok with shield 5 as it is right now. But this is just briliant idea. Whole Glint concept is around buffing your teamates. So I dont get it why shield is so luckluster, both skills. And this one is so selfish. We all know that. Everything that will happend to the shield, will be good. Every change can be only better.Keep animation of buble and just increase it. Make it like a Dome in Retri line. Whatever. and it cost 20 energy. Temporal Rift and frigid blitz are 20 combined.

Overkill would be giving allies glint heal for 1sec or per hit(4 pulses= 4hits converted to the heals). So total 4 stack. And make it that they work only while casting Shield5.Would it be OP? probably yes. Would it be game breaking? Hell not. Give it a visual so opposing players can react. Or Even make a trait for it.its 25second CD but on revenant and cost is 20Energy. Mabye we can get out of staff slavery. Rev as caster doesnt get that heal as others thru temporary infuse light.WvW-Blob? usefulPvP-i can see a teamfighter, it cannot push FB out, but that's it's not purpose herePvE-Raid/dung/FoTM- Well there it is not that good, as healer Renegade is more popular here, and Ventari si just a must, and Staff is right now top i dare to say. But still you can use it here

Open World- everything work here

Off Topic:Still think Shield 4 could be "strike from above" instead of orb projectile(is it lore referance?), just splash of light maybe some "crystals in it" on the area. Bum. No need to tuch numbers, they are fine. Instantly 100% better off hand. No orb disappearing in the mist while on the way to heal :lol: just like symbols work(scepter for example)

+1esp with the "Every change can be only better"

• 4 weeks later...