Stealing the Limelight (SPOILERS)

Rikimaru.7890

Yeah it's the hidden achievement for playing an instrument during Metal Legions concert while on the stage.However I do not own any instrument offered by on the TP so I thought it was beyond my grasp.Fortunately I remembered that I do own instruments like the Choir Bells and Super Boom Boxes.As it turned out the Boom Boxes did the trick for me and I did get the achievement, so if you are in the same boat as me you can obtain the achievement this way.However the real reason I'm making this post is because the Choir Bells don't seem to work. I know this because even if you already have the achievement you will still get knocked off the stage if you attempt to play an instrument during the concert, however playing the Bells does not make this happen.Which is strange considering they are more instruments than the Boom Boxes, so is this a bug or intentional?Because if it is intentional then it's a bit of a low blow from ANET, because it just means they wish to "motivate" players to buy the instruments on TP, which is made pretty obvious by the fact they are selling them all at a discount atm.

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:I tried the bass guitar the first time I tried the achievement, a gem store purchased item and guess what...it didn't work.It worked for me but I had to play a note to get kicked off.

There's also the two musical instruments tied to legendaries (Minstrel and Verdarach) and you can buy the magnanimous bell as well.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Red_Musical_Bell_CaseAccording to GW2BLTC, it's going for a few silver (like 15-16?) and it gives you the bell as well.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Image.8630 said:WHAT!!! All i have is the bell. Its an instrument it should work. Wow being forced to buy a useless item to get an AP, UNREAL!!!!!As mentioned above, there are several instruments you can get in game (the magnanimous bell from wintersday or the boom boxes from super adventure festival) that work for this.A boom box, yeah that's a musical instrument but a bell isn't... pure Anet logic.
shake head

@Image.8630 said:

@Image.8630 said:WHAT!!! All i have is the bell. Its an instrument it should work. Wow being forced to buy a useless item to get an AP, UNREAL!!!!!As mentioned above, there are several instruments you can get in game (the magnanimous bell from wintersday or the boom boxes from super adventure festival) that work for this.A boom box, yeah that's a musical instrument but a bell isn't... pure Anet logic.
shake head

LOL kind of funny though

@Image.8630 said:

shake head
Seeing how the red bell works, I strongly suspect that it's a simple oversight. Has anybody put in a bug report yet to let them know?

@Image.8630 said:WHAT!!! All i have is the bell. Its an instrument it should work. Wow being forced to buy a useless item to get an AP, UNREAL!!!!!

The Magnanimous Choir Bell does work. If you don't have that one, it costs only a few Snowflakes and a bit of good Karma. But you are not FORCED to buy anything. The achievement is hidden, even, and is worth only 1 point.

@Khy.8420 said:

@Image.8630 said:WHAT!!! All i have is the bell. Its an instrument it should work. Wow being forced to buy a useless item to get an AP, UNREAL!!!!!

The Magnanimous Choir Bell does work. If you don't have that one, it costs only a few Snowflakes and a bit of good Karma. But you are not FORCED to buy anything. The achievement is hidden, even, and is worth only 1 point.

It can also be bought for less than 20 silver or obtained as a drop from wintersday gifts.Plus, it's not like the achievement is going anywhere, people can always come back at any time to get it after they have obtained some kind of instrument whether they went out of their way to buy it or not.