ncoming balnce patch..

Baldrick.8967

yes, the title is deliberately mis spelt.

Two things I noticed from it:

Manifest Sand Shade: The duration of sand shades in WvW and PvP has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Oh the joy, even more circles spewing garbage out.

And secondly, Rangers got a nerf on long range shot of between 11-14%.

Making a marginal class even more marginal, especially considering the big boost to defence Necros will be able to access.

I have to wonder who makes up the balance team...

@Baldrick.8967 said:yes, the title is deliberately mis spelt.

Manifest Sand Shade: The duration of sand shades in WvW and PvP has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Making a marginal class even more marginal, especially considering the big boost to defence Necros will be able to access.

iirc, for the shades, they will not activate from the scourge if they have active shades...meaning they have to pick a self activation (losing ranged DoT) or ranged DoT (losing self coverage). If this is what I remember, thats a bit of a nerf.

My Ranger tho...dayum nerf :p

@"Baldrick.8967" said:yes, the title is deliberately mis spelt.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

iirc, for the shades, they will not activate from the scourge if they have active shades...meaning they have to pick a self activation (losing ranged DoT) or ranged DoT (losing self coverage). If this is what I remember, thats a bit of a nerf.

My Ranger tho...kitten nerf :p

The only difference for scourge will be pressing f3 before f1 in the shade bomb. F3 now grants barrier to 10 allies around you, then f1/2/4/5 deals damage to 10 targets at range. It's a straight buff to both offense and defense.

Whoever they are they need a cunning plan and a turnip.

@Optimator.3589 said:

@Acheron.4731 said:Still too much boon share which requires too much corruption which requires reapplying boons followed by corrupts...the game is too centered around that kitten.Still boring nonsense

Solution,Nerf hammer rev

That will teach them !

Play burn DH instead.

I played a little burn core guard the past couple weeks. Was interesting to see how easy it was to do big damage despite condi removal spam and resistance.

Even tho ranger is not suitable for zerg plays its massively op in roaming and is the epitomy of unfair advantage. I hate these threads of people crying about ranger. You can literally rapid fire 100-0 full minstrel fb. If you cant be useful in big groups then thats great because scg and necro is not that great in roaming too. Thats the tradeoff.

And tbf ranger is much more broken in roaming than scg is in zergs so stop with the hyperbole.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Acheron.4731 said:Still too much boon share which requires too much corruption which requires reapplying boons followed by corrupts...the game is too centered around that kitten.Still boring nonsense

Solution,Nerf hammer rev

That will teach them !

Play burn DH instead.

I played a little burn core guard the past couple weeks. Was interesting to see how easy it was to do big damage despite condi removal spam and resistance.

not many use the necessary skills to cleanse =)

@XECOR.2814 said:Even tho ranger is not suitable for zerg plays its massively op in roaming and is the epitomy of unfair advantage. I hate these threads of people crying about ranger. You can literally rapid fire 100-0 full minstrel fb. If you cant be useful in big groups then thats great because scg and necro is not that great in roaming too. Thats the tradeoff.

And tbf ranger is much more broken in roaming than scg is in zergs so stop with the hyperbole.

They have nerfed the wrong skills. It's not the auto attack that does that sort of damage, it's a combination. And any full minstrel FB that dies to one rapid fire...must be asleep or just not very good.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:Even tho ranger is not suitable for zerg plays its massively op in roaming and is the epitomy of unfair advantage. I hate these threads of people crying about ranger. You can literally rapid fire 100-0 full minstrel fb. If you cant be useful in big groups then thats great because scg and necro is not that great in roaming too. Thats the tradeoff.

They have nerfed the wrong skills. It's not the auto attack that does that sort of damage, it's a combination. And any full minstrel FB that dies to one rapid fire...must be asleep or just not very good.

Or you can't play slb well?

During the no downstate event I got killed by rapid fired while on a mount with 3k toughness. I was dead before I even hit the ground after the dismount lol

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

During the no downstate event I got killed by rapid fired while on a mount with 3k toughness. I was dead before I even hit the ground after the dismount lol

I've seen this a lot actually, but I think it has to do with lag.. Or maybe a bug. Seems like the mount takes 80% of the RF then poof!

But knowing the warclaw's hp it couldn't possibly eat 8x3000 damage.. So I lean towards lag.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

So you agree then, the auto wasn't the issue, it the combination, stacks of might, etc used with RF that killed you. And I've had the 'dead before you hit the ground' too from various attacks whilst not mounted and not from a ranger attack. It's usually another issue.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

So you agree then, the auto wasn't the issue, it the combination, stacks of might, etc used with RF that killed you. And I've had the 'dead before you hit the ground' too from various attacks whilst not mounted and not from a ranger attack. It's usually another issue.

The whole concept of high damage from range twice of what other profession can reach is issue.

@XECOR.2814 said:

The whole concept of high damage from range twice of what other profession can reach is issue.

Twice what which profession can do?

The list isn't as long as some people's custom build might lead them to believe..

Longbow auto attack wasn't the problem, it's one wolf pack with rapid fire with lag and 2000 distance, sometimes you can hear it sometimes you can't, sometimes you can see it sometimes you can't, it can easily burn through your mount and hitpoints before you get to react. But it's whatever, this game is filled with stupid kitten anyways, oh look warriors get to do 50% more damage to shields. yaaaaaaaay.... balance.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Longbow auto attack wasn't the problem, it's one wolf pack with rapid fire with lag and 2000 distance, sometimes you can hear it sometimes you can't, sometimes you can see it sometimes you can't, it can easily burn through your mount and hitpoints before you get to react. But it's whatever, this game is filled with stupid kitten anyways, oh look warriors get to do 50% more damage to shields. yaaaaaaaay.... balance.

I'm just happy when they don't get another invulnerable.