Charr starter zone world boss needed

Each race except the Charr get a world boss in their starter zone (Plains of Ashford). They need one in my opinion. I had an idea. A big ghost. Specifically Lady Althea at the Viewing Hill. It's a nice big open area and it used to be where her theater was in GW1 before the Charr took her off and killed her during the Searing. She hung out there pre-searing. It would be perfect since she wants to get revenge upon the Charr. Especially that location. Her attacks could be something like large energy balls that drop down from the sky and upon impact deal some damage as well as spawn small clones that attack players dealing minimal damage and are fairly weak. She was a mesmer afterall. I made a quick photoshop screenshot to give an idea of how she would look. Yes I know it's not the best photoshop job but I did it in only 5 minutes.dV0yH9A.jpg

• Like 1

OP.. I used to wonder why Charr never got WB either.... especially considering the richness of the history/story behind them and the humans... I mean we have the crypt we have some story fight at the beginning which delves into that history, but sadly all we got really was a few ghosties here and there to cull if wehappen to do so.One of the reasons I tend not to visit PoA very often even when choosing to roll a new Charr, I tend to port elsewhere straight after the initial story point... the map offers very little compared to the other races starter maps, to me at least.

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Wow i never thought about the fact that there is no wb there.Maybe make one where a ghost, maybe the old King from the searing tries to get a new cauldron and we have to stop him from activating it. Failure is everyone in the vicinity is put in a downed state. Don't want to instant kill in a beginner map.

The unfortunate part is that if your level is too low, there is no downed state.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Wow i never thought about the fact that there is no wb there.Maybe make one where a ghost, maybe the old King from the searing tries to get a new cauldron and we have to stop him from activating it. Failure is everyone in the vicinity is put in a downed state. Don't want to instant kill in a beginner map.

The unfortunate part is that if your level is too low, there is no downed state.

People are still underleveled with all this free insta level 80 boost bullshit these days? Back in my day we had to earn level ups by actually playing the game!

And yes, I agree that this map could use a real worldboss if you compare the other races' starter maps. I've always wondered why the Charr starter zone doesn't have one... It's sad because it's one of my favorite core maps among many.

@Cynder.2509 said:

People are still underleveled with all this free insta level 80 boost kitten these days? Back in my day we had to earn level ups by actually playing the game!

New players don't have tons of tomes, and some of them actually do realise that boosting to max is probably not a great idea for their first character. ;)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Wow i never thought about the fact that there is no wb there.Maybe make one where a ghost, maybe the old King from the searing tries to get a new cauldron and we have to stop him from activating it. Failure is everyone in the vicinity is put in a downed state. Don't want to instant kill in a beginner map.

People are still underleveled with all this free insta level 80 boost kitten these days? Back in my day we had to earn level ups by actually playing the game!

New players don't have tons of tomes, and some of them actually
do
realise that boosting to max is probably not a great idea for their first character. ;)

Hmmm you may be right but I can't see a problem since you level up in this game very quick and once you get to be in the area of a world boss you're definitely leveled high enough. I mean within the maps itself there are zones that indicate a certain level you have to be. For example if you look at the heart quests: they always show a "required" level. Sure, you can still do things as a level 10 character in Blazeridge Steppes but I doubt that it would make sense since participating in higher level areas doesn't yield you more EXP. Also you can visit all the other zones and cities as well which will get you high enough. Even mapping all the cities alone will be enough to do the first story chapter which also gets you where you want to be very fast. And then there#s the labyrinth during Halloween. (The legendary bosses there may be a bit too hard but since you don't have to stack behind the wall on Lich anymore you're still fine if you stick to the squad and hit everything at least once) Compared to other games you level up very fast here.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Well, there was a starter boss before they redid it.

The Shatterer.

I dont remember the shatterer being in the level 1-15 starting zone.

It was available as a DEMO back in 2010, but even then it was a mid level boss.

whoosh
:)

Yes, perhaps do explain.

Before the rework the shatterer was hard to lose to with a zerg, just keep hitting 1. I am guessing more people died to random nearby mobs that to shat itself. Of course, it is not a low level zone but that is where you can tp to a friend.