How to make pvp great again.

azzardome.9184

1. Start by looking at the current low skill high reward builds/extreme cheese.For an example condi daredevil. The build is way too easy to play for how rewarding it is. Rework Deadly ambition completely, it is insane to think that they buff the trait in the comming patch, so now you when you port in and out with sword 2 you will get poison from it every time. This is one of the many builds that need to get "fixed"Just to name a few, skills/classes. holo, condi mirage,condi daredevil, rampage, staff daredevil, deadeye, firebrand, signet of mercy. how thief sword works, how rev port works. stuff that can oneshot from stealth/ from range.

2. Reward active gameplay not passive, every passive trait should get reworked and compensated for.

3. The main problem since pof, firebrand and the healingcreep. Its superior to every other "support" class in the current meta. Either tone down skills such as the "Epilogue: Eternal Oasis" or give classes like druid, tempest and scrapper something to compete with.

4. Tune down builds that use evade as a means to kill the enemy, example mirage. With Infinite Horizon you dont evade as a mean to avoid dmg but to kill the enemy. Same goes for daredevil.

5. I would suggest that new amulets/a better way to stat customization could make a big diffrence to build diversity. Give each amulet more hp/toughness to lower the powercreep. Another idea would be to give higher base stats for each class. more vitality/toughness.

6. The population. Make pvp not only rewarding to play but also make it apealing for new players. Give unique skins/mounts, minis, gliders, emotes, anything to make it feel rewarding. An example was when the ascended gear in pvp could be acuired with only ascended pvp shards. Pvp was flooded with players trying to get the ascended gear.

This is just a few tought i had about pvp i general. I hope atleast some of you share my point of view on how to make pvp geat again.

@Tycura.1982 said:We gotta build a balance team and make anet pay for it

I have candidates from healthy competitive games who would love to be part of this new balance team to put Guild Wars 2 in the right direction :))

(Obliviously of course!! it will cost Anet a wholesome pay)

In the end, they will be worth every penny cause they take healthy competition seriously

---they will not allow any professions to go through years and years of excusable nerfings also---

• more importantly, there will not be found of any Profession Favoritism within the balance team and to have their Favorite Profession to be excused of nerfing either-

Definitely, Will Not Be Tolerated!!

I'm all in for us building a new balance team :)

@Burnfall.9573 said:

I have candidates from healthy competitive games who would love to be part of this new balance team to put Guild Wars 2 in the right direction :))

In the end, they will be worth every penny cause they take healthy competition seriously

---they will not allow any professions to go through years and years of excusable nerfings also---
  • more importantly, there will not be found of any Profession Favoritism within the balance team and to have their Favorite Profession to be excused of nerfing either-

Well i dont think anyone would not want a dedicated balance team. Problem is anet dont want to spend any recources on a gamemode that dont make them any money.And they fact that they seem to market only pve and the casual side of the game when i think we have one of the best combat systems out there. Its beyond sad that pvp/wvw get treated this way.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Honestly, I'd start by doing it for free and then when we start to make anet money they pay us. Nothing to lose in it for them and I could make a game enjoyable to play.

@Ario.8964 said:

Honestly, I'd start by doing it for free and then when we start to make anet money they pay us. Nothing to lose in it for them and I could make a game enjoyable to play.

+1

Great idea

@azzardome.9184 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Since when is condi on sword 2 a buff that’s been meta since release...

i stated that deadly ambiton is getting buffed and that the is problem not sword 2

Deadly ambition is gonna be the same. It’s not really a problem it just helps you land panic strikes even when in short bow and gives just better burst than mug ever will.