Why do thin Sylvari legs look fat in armor?

Ashantara.8731

And that's not all!

Shoulders and gloves are also over scaled on male Sylvari for reasons! I mentioned this to someone in game the other day and was told its been like that since the game came out and nothings been officially said or done about it, so I'm not sure you're likely to find the answer you're looking for.

@Chaotic.1279 said:[...] and was told its been like that since the game came out and nothings been officially said or done about it, so I'm not sure you're likely to find the answer you're looking for.

I know nothing will be done about it, unfortunately, at least not with old armor sets and outfits. I was just wondering what the technical reason behind it is? There must be one for scaling specific armor parts like that.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:They need the extra armor there or they snap like twigs.

Yea....if they snap that easily, i don't think put on extra weight will helpThe legs don't actually grow. The armour is just built for a much thicker man/norn. How are we supposed to forge metal armour for these twings?

The Mordrem Guard would have a word with you, commander...

@Westenev.5289 said:The Mordrem Guard would have a word with you, commander...If you're saying what I think you're trying to say, that was dragon corruption what did it. A sylvari, however, does not have his body expand or contract depending on what he wore. Although now I'm getting all sorts of ideas that I might need to put down in fanfiction...

And that's one of the reasons why I use cultural armor on all Sylvari. Besides I think that the cultural sets for sylvari look beautiful.But yeah, it's overall a problem with male characters. As someone who plays only male characters (with two or three exceptions for charr because of the fact that they're like asura not designed after gender and for character based backstories where for one example one of them is the mother of two characters of which one is the daughter and could also very well be nonbinary and one charr that uses the female model but is designed to be more androgyne) this always bugs me out whenever there's a new armor set or a new outfit. The female versions always look more beautiful and it seems that they've put more effort into those than into the male ones. You probably tell me to make a female character now but I won't because it makes me uncomfortable to play the opposite gender. I hate how there's little to no revealing armors for male characters and how stupidly oversized and overclustered the shoulders and arms look . Also the fact that everthing has to be glittery instead of being "realistic" and looks like something that actually protects you. Sure as the saying goes "you can't fight evil if you ain't cute" but this is getting out of hand. I mean, c#mon! this isn't WoW where the shoulders are bigger than your character or some asian mmo where everything has to be flashy. That's a reason why I like the designs from gw1 for example a lot more. Sure, there were flashy things too but not as much as in gw2. Seeing all these effects and the glittery SFX abomination this game has become hurts my eyes and I can't play for more than 30 minutes anymore. Not to mention that all the effects impact performance no matter what PC.

I'm just guessing here (I dont have any male veggie), perhaps they thought armors would look deformed if shrunk down to veggie size. Like, not enough diameter?

And more importantly, human norn and vege pretty much use the same skins (scaled up and down accordingly). They might have used a 1scale-fits-all for all 3 races, rather than make a separate frame for veges.