Remove the jumping puzzle before the Strike Mission boss fight

Tony.8659

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@Tony.8659 said:As the title says, this to me is just annoying. That's reason I only did this once, that and the boss is a joke. Anet remove the puzzle but make the boss more difficult to fight. That is my suggestion.

I'd have to agree, JP's should be a choice for those that like that sort of thing.I was kicked my first time through trying to make my way towards the Boss and collecting the chests along the way.I too did not notice the Blue shrine on the mini map, until my second time through.I told the group sorry I can't make the jump's and that I'd be leaving, it was than the kind Commander told me to wait and use the shrine on mini map.

You were kicked because you were gathering the chests. Many groups don’t like to wait for this because that can easily be done when someone opens their own instance by themselves. They should have communicated that to you otherwise it’s their own fault to expect it.I'm pretty sure you were not in that group, so you wouldn't know the reason.The group would have no clue I was collecting the chests as they were already at the Boss. Firstly because I was rolled by the Giant Snow Ball, Secondly I'm not good at jumping in this game for reasons I already mentioned.Also did I not mention where it was my very FIRST time trying the SM, or did you disregard that part....

No need to get defensive. I was just stating why they probably kicked you as that’s what I have seen when I run it.

@Kallist.5917 said:No Ty. IMO, if a player cant control their character well enough to get through a JP, they should really be working on that stuff before moving on to group fights.

A JP shouldn't be a prerequisite in order to fight a boss. The so called skill required to do a JP has nothing to do with anything else in the game. I've played every form of content the game has all while avoiding JP's.For me at least the lack of depth perception or FOV is off or lacking, and the camera angles do no justice either.There are individuals with possible handicaps that can't perform the Jumps.

It’s only a pre-req for at least one person. The rest can simply use the shrine. Better visibility of that shrine should be made in future releases.

Not everyone knows this on their first time through, I'm sure you didn't yourself, until you either figured it out or someone told you.

I saw the message across the screen and the icon pinged on the mini map.

@Tony.8659 said:As the title says, this to me is just annoying. That's reason I only did this once, that and the boss is a joke. Anet remove the puzzle but make the boss more difficult to fight. That is my suggestion.

Even with the telepad this is just an annoying gate on actually doing the content. I'm probably better than average at Jps but i find them hideously annoying.

@NYG.2568 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:No Ty. IMO, if a player cant control their character well enough to get through a JP, they should really be working on that stuff before moving on to group fights.

A JP shouldn't be a prerequisite in order to fight a boss. The so called skill required to do a JP has nothing to do with anything else in the game. I've played every form of content the game has all while avoiding JP's.For me at least the lack of depth perception or FOV is off or lacking, and the camera angles do no justice either.There are individuals with possible handicaps that can't perform the Jumps.

Aetherblade Fractal, Chaos Fractal, Nightmare Fractal, Solid Ocean fractal, Uncategorized fractal, shattered observatory fractal, Magg's path, Aetherblade path. If your not good enough to do this one JP, then you would struggle with all of these as well, dragging down your party. So again, Keep practicing. If your lacking at basic coordination over your character. I'd rather you practice it until you can do it reliably than to be handed the easy path.

@"Kallist.5917" said:No Ty. IMO, if a player cant control their character well enough to get through a JP, they should really be working on that stuff before moving on to group fights.

Ridiculous idea. I cannot see the jumps because the "3D" world on a 2D screen has no depth - not old age, I have never been able to see them. I also cannot see most cave openings. That being said, when I teleported to the fight I set my minions to kill and then I ran around and rezzed 2 players that were down, one was dead & gone. Just because you can jump, does not mean you can fight ha ha

@Kallist.5917 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

Aetherblade Fractal, Chaos Fractal, Nightmare Fractal, Solid Ocean fractal, Uncategorized fractal, shattered observatory fractal, Magg's path, Aetherblade path. If your not good enough to do this one JP, then you would struggle with all of these as well, dragging down your party. So again, Keep practicing. If your lacking at basic coordination over your character. I'd rather you practice it until you can do it reliably than to be handed the easy path.

Ridiculous idea. I cannot see the jumps because the "3D" world on a 2D screen has no depth - not old age, I have never been able to see them. I also cannot see most cave openings. That being said, when I teleported to the fight I set my minions to kill and then I ran around and rezzed 2 players that were down, one was dead & gone. Just because you can jump, does not mean you can fight ha ha

Again. If that's true, then there is already plenty of content that you cant play in as the game sits right now.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:I like the jumping puzzle; it's creative, and it adds more flavour to the instance than "go here, fight boss, get loot".

Since the boss fight is
really
bad (i.e., way too easy, thus boring), it's sad that it needs additional "flavor".

You're vastly overestimating the skill of a general player, especially those of whom have picked Gw2 as their first action mmo. I agree it's easy, but I think that's only because I feel adept at controlling, traiting and gearing my character.

Perhaps Anet's plan for strike missions is to raise the players who have trouble controlling their character - the ones who pick ranged options because they don't feel comfortable in close quarter combat, or are scared to run instanced content like fractals or raids.

@Kallist.5917 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

Again. If that's true, then there is already plenty of content that you cant play in as the game sits right now.

There is plenty that I cannot do, and plenty that I do not want to do - and still more than enough to keep me occupied. No real complaints here... except that "boss" was lame. He is such an easy kill. ha ha :)

Different people like different things. You want some parts to be me more challenging and other skippable, other might like the other way around.If you want more challenging combat, you can swap to lower quality gears, if you want less challenge there's nothing much you can do. Maybe it's time to ask for skippable combat phases?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

I'd have to agree, JP's should be a choice for those that like that sort of thing.I was kicked my first time through trying to make my way towards the Boss and collecting the chests along the way.I too did not notice the Blue shrine on the mini map, until my second time through.I told the group sorry I can't make the jump's and that I'd be leaving, it was than the kind Commander told me to wait and use the shrine on mini map.

You were kicked because you were gathering the chests. Many groups don’t like to wait for this because that can easily be done when someone opens their own instance by themselves. They should have communicated that to you otherwise it’s their own fault to expect it.I'm pretty sure you were not in that group, so you wouldn't know the reason.The group would have no clue I was collecting the chests as they were already at the Boss. Firstly because I was rolled by the Giant Snow Ball, Secondly I'm not good at jumping in this game for reasons I already mentioned.Also did I not mention where it was my very FIRST time trying the SM, or did you disregard that part....

No need to get defensive. I was just stating why they probably kicked you as that’s what I have seen when I run it.

Not being defensive at all, but you stated it as fact, I simply provided the facts of my situation.

It’s only a pre-req for at least one person. The rest can simply use the shrine. Better visibility of that shrine should be made in future releases.

Not everyone knows this on their first time through, I'm sure you didn't yourself, until you either figured it out or someone told you.

I saw the message across the screen and the icon pinged on the mini map.I done the SM 4 times now and have yet to see this prompt, perhaps there is a bug as others are suggesting...

@Kallist.5917 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

Heres the thing on that, I have done those fractals. Can't say I was good at them, but I did them with my now disbanned Guild whom had many patient individuals whom also weren't good a Jumping or understood some weren't. So perhaps maybe it isn't the Jumping that is the issue but the elitist mentality that everyone should be able to do it and / or Fast. I however play games to waste time and enjoy myself not be rushed by impatient people!

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

There is plenty that I cannot do, and plenty that I do not want to do - and still more than enough to keep me occupied. No real complaints here... except that "boss" was lame. He is such an easy kill. ha ha :)

Exactly, you don't have to do those particular fractals. There are several others to choose from to get the rewards you desire.This is the first and ONLY strike mission currently available.

I'm not sure. Jumping puzzles are a fundamental part of the original game.If anything I'd like to see more of them, and more hidden/explorable places, return to the newer maps.Sure it's repeatable, and with that it can become a bit banal/boring over time. But if it wasn't a jumping puzzle (and a short one at that) it would be something else, like mobs, you'd have to fight through each time. Rest assured there would be something there that would be a comparable time/effort sink, so to speak.

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

Exactly, you don't have to do those particular fractals. There are several others to choose from to get the rewards you desire.This is the first and ONLY strike mission currently available.

I don't even know what a fractal is. Have not gotten that far ingame I guess...but I have only been playing 7 years... ha ha :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Change it to an actual Waypoint so people can find it

The issue with that is if someone starts the fight either intentionally or not that WP becomes contested making it that much more annoying for others.Personally I like having that little puzzle and a few chests littered around the place

Just change it to a Waypoint icon.Alternatively, on map load, give that tutorial message and show the shrine and say it can be used to teleport.

@Kallist.5917 said:

Strongly disagree. There are many reasons why someone might not be able to do a jumping puzzle that have no effect on their ability to tap out a rotation.

Sure. If it was something like chalice of Tears, I would agree. But This ones pretty basic. You'd face more of a challenge in many of the dungeons or fractals than you would with this.There's a reason why I've always hated the harpy fractal, despite being able to play t4 fractals just fine. Hint: it's not related to the combat encounters ;) .

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

Not being defensive at all, but you stated it as fact, I simply provided the facts of my situation.

I stated as fact the reasons why they likely kicked you: they felt you were opening chests and/or not listening to them by not taking the shrine. I was not making an assumption about what you were actually doing.

I saw the message across the screen and the icon pinged on the mini map.I done the SM 4 times now and have yet to see this prompt, perhaps there is a bug as others are suggesting...

When someone unlocks the shrine, there’s a white message that pops across the screen. It’s the same kind that you see when someone wins a mount race. You also see the shrine icon on the edge of the mini map if it’s not within range.

I thought it was interesting, just something extra to do, but also a potential preview of how we'll access the path when moving forward in the next Saga episode...with another JP beyond that one to get around the fallen bridge...that would be fun, and generate a lot of complaints.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

I stated as fact the reasons why they likely kicked you: they felt you were opening chests and/or not listening to them by not taking the shrine. I was not making an assumption about what you were actually doing.

You cannot provide facts not knowing the circumstances or being there first hand, that's not how it works. You ASSumed that's why they kicked me.As I said previously they could not know what I was doing as they were already at the Boss. That said, maybe just maybe I was having a hard time making the jump's and not collecting the chests. How was I supposed to know you could go back afterwards? Again it was my very FIRST attempt and never seen such a message nor was i looking at the mini map trying to make the jumps. No one said anything to me about the shrine in chat, had they did perhaps I missed it trying to concentrate on the jumps.

When someone unlocks the shrine, there’s a white message that pops across the screen. It’s the same kind that you see when someone wins a mount race. You also see the shrine icon on the edge of the mini map if it’s not within range.

I have never done any of the mount race so I don't know what it's like. I'm not into that type game play. Cheer's

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

@NYG.2568 said:

You cannot provide facts not knowing the circumstances or being there first hand, that's not how it works. You ASSumed that's why they kicked me.As I said previously they could not know what I was doing as they were already at the Boss. That said, maybe just maybe I was having a hard time making the jump's and not collecting the chests. How was I supposed to know you could go back afterwards? Again it was my very FIRST attempt and never seen such a message nor was i looking at the mini map trying to make the jumps. No one said anything to me about the shrine in chat, had they did perhaps I missed it trying to concentrate on the jumps.

The reasons that so gave as to why people kick others in that thread are facts. They are indeed actual reasons that people use. I made that guess as every time I have seen someone kicked, it has been for those reasons. What you described that you were doing further backed it up.

I have never done any of the mount race so I don't know what it's like. I'm not into that type game play. Cheer's

You don’t have to do the race as it’s displayed on everyone’s screen who are on the map (or within proximity of it).