[merged] I want to keep using Arc Build Templates... :/

So I've been served very well and I've been happily using ArcDPS build templates already for the past two years. It works great, and has became a popular tool I use a lot to change builds. I have been able to change into many different types of builds (I have 8 saved) and I haven't had to pay for it.

From what I understand, Arc Build Templates will no longer work for me when GW2 Build Templates goes live. Not only will I have to pay for this to achieve a similar level of functionality, I will actually have access to less builds.

This should be a great feature... so why do I just feel sad and disappointed? I'm not excited for your build template system. It actually makes me sad.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@susana.7814 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Why open another thread? There is an existing one.

Probably because people want to actually be heard.

That’s definitely part of it, but also yoni you’re correct there are multiple topics on build templates but this is more about arc build templates and how it will be affected.

If there was a way to keep arc builds I wouldn’t have any issues.

@susana.7814 said:

@"yoni.7015" said:Why open another thread? There is an existing one.

Probably because people want to actually be heard.Right on.

3u5niyO.png

> @"Arenanet" said:

At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store.No thanks. I am not going to pay for the full functionality of a function that is already available to everyone; because you took so long to make it that someone, on their own free time, already made a very well functioning build templates add-on with unlimited "tabs". I sincerely hope you don't plan on making the use of this add-on an offense.

I would urge "this is fine" voters to consider that just because you didn't use [omitted title] doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly useful and valuable to many in the gw2 community. You may be siding with a sizable injustice to portions of our community by saying "this is OK" (see footer note/edit)

I can think of another popular MMORPG that, instead of doing this, ended up incorporating add-ons in the game and encouraged making helpful/useful add-ons. You don't need to vouch for the add-on as professionals... but you simply just needed to allow it to exist. Instead, because you guys wanted to do it yourselves, we're now paying for what we already had easy and consistent access to, because you wanted to monetize it. Ok, so we get a little perk in saving inventory space, but all I want is to not have this be forced on me. I already have the functionality of build templates, if you disallow that, and enforce your build templates functionality, you are forcing me to buy the inventory slots gained by using your option. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. But I'm left with no choice but to give you money. Even if I'm willing to do that, I defy that on principle.

Mounts in WvW was one thing. We adjusted to it, even though we did not want to.If you make this pay-for-full-functionality I will lose faith that I shouldn't still have to begin with.

Taking a screenshot of this post & saving it. Why? Well, you know how it is here.

edit: wording, and: note that if we are still allowed to use [omitted title] after this release, I won't mind so much. I can look past that easily, if this condition is met.

@solemn.9608 said:

3u5niyO.png

> @"Arenanet" said:

At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store.No thanks. I am not going to pay for the full functionality of a function that is already available to everyone; because you took so long to make it that someone, on their own free time, already made a very well functioning build templates add-on with unlimited "tabs". I sincerely hope you don't plan on making the use of this add-on an offense.

I would urge "this is fine" voters to consider that just because you didn't use [omitted title] doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly useful and valuable to many in the gw2 community. You may be siding with a sizable injustice to portions of our community by saying "this is OK" (see footer note/edit)

I can think of another popular MMORPG that, instead of doing this, ended up incorporating add-ons in the game and encouraged making helpful/useful add-ons. You don't need to vouch for the add-on as professionals... but you simply just needed to allow it to exist. Instead, because you guys wanted to do it yourselves,
we're now paying for what we already had easy and consistent access to, because you wanted to monetize it.
Ok, so we get a little perk in saving inventory space, but all I want is to not have this be forced on me. I already have the functionality of build templates, if you disallow that, and enforce your build templates functionality, you are forcing me to buy the inventory slots gained by using your option. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. But I'm left with no choice but to give you money. Even if I'm willing to do that, I defy that on principle.

Mounts in WvW was one thing. We adjusted to it, even though we did not want to.If you make this pay-for-full-functionality I will lose faith that I shouldn't still have to begin with.

Taking a screenshot of this post & saving it. Why?
Well, you know how it is here.

edit: wording, and: note that if we are still allowed to use [omitted title] after this release, I won't mind so much. I can look past that easily, if this condition is met.

Yeah, keep using ArcDPS and occupy 940923840923 bag slots for you gear. Exaggerating, of course.

Dunno, maybe deltaconnected doesnt want to spend time on updating it though. Having been in the same situation, I can tell you its not really pleasant to have to keep something uptodate in a game you arent even really playing anymore just because thousands of players are relying on your addon.

Nah, this is better. Sure Ill have to do small changes from now on myself to reduce the amount of "builds" - but thats fine. I dont really need a separate build for every situational utility skill combination, that was just me being incredibly lazy.

I just hope for a small duration we get working arcdps buildtemplates and anet templates... so I dont have to manually enter all big templates ;p

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Why won't arc build work anymore?

Delta (arc creator) had agreenment with anet that he will not update his templates, when anet release theirs

I seeBut what I'm seeing is that new new anet template will be a far cry in abilities then what arc has?

arc was unlimited, free, easy to use.Anets is limited to max 6 gear templates and max to 30 trait/utility templates

It's unfortunate but people are naturally going to be upset with this because it was previously a free feature in unlimited quantities (and right now, looks like a better implementation than the planned monetized version). Even more so upsetting because deltaconnected will no longer be able to update arcdps build templates once this comes out.

@Trise.2865 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Why open another thread? There is an existing one.

Probably because people want to actually be heard.

Spamming doesn't help that. All it does is annoy the neutral and blend into white noise for the uncaring. You're actively hurting your case.

No what it does is counteract anet's attempt to perform damage control by shepherding dissent into a containment thead

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cz1rrb/build_templates_only_available_with_legendary/eywxzz9/

This. One of the conditions to ANet allowing my templates extension was that I let it die when an official solution comes around, and that condition hasn't changed

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Delta (arc creator) had agreenment with anet that he will not update his templates, when anet release theirs

I seeBut what I'm seeing is that new new anet template will be a far cry in abilities then what arc has?

better in someways but also worse in others

@borgs.6103 said:

3u5niyO.png

> @"Arenanet" said:

I can think of another popular MMORPG that, instead of doing this, ended up incorporating add-ons in the game and encouraged making helpful/useful add-ons. You don't need to vouch for the add-on as professionals... but you simply just needed to allow it to exist. Instead, because you guys wanted to do it yourselves,
we're now paying for what we already had easy and consistent access to, because you wanted to monetize it.
Ok, so we get a little perk in saving inventory space, but all I want is to not have this be forced on me. I already have the functionality of build templates, if you disallow that, and enforce your build templates functionality, you are forcing me to buy the inventory slots gained by using your option. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea. But I'm left with no choice but to give you money. Even if I'm willing to do that, I defy that on principle.

Taking a screenshot of this post & saving it. Why?
Well, you know how it is here.

Yeah, keep using ArcDPS and occupy 940923840923 bag slots for you gear. Exaggerating, of course.

Legendaries are a thing you know.

@vyncius.6105 said:

arc was unlimited, free, easy to use.Anets is limited to max 6 gear templates and max to 30 trait/utility templates

Easy to use? Installing a 3rd party tool isn't easy to use for many.

Also they break every other patch, don't switch everything/nothing occassionally so you have to look over it anyway, don't work with pets and revenant legends. They are neither good or easy to use just the only thing that was available and now people act they are the best thing since sliced bread. Outside of slot limitations the official solution is light-years ahead of Arc.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:and I haven't had to pay for it.

I don't disagree that businesses are out to make money, because you can't use the word business with out that other part, else it's charity. But using that statement makes me think you are ok with stealing cable. I have been doing so, so why would I pay now. I have agreed with you on a number of things, but this one, not so much. Now maybe on a thread of the actual price of these...........thats something different.