Thanks for the FREE build templates ANET!!

SLOTH.5231

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Saniyah.1984" said:agressive monetisation

This is nonsense. You will get enough for free and if you want more you can convert gold to gems.

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Some of us like to play around with different builds and have variations of builds for certain situations.

You gotta pay to play buddy. Either you support the game or you don’t. Gold is easy enough to earn to buy more slots. Your choice!

I've BEEN paying to play for 7 years! What an easy answer to give, what a convenient reply for you to have. You are not seeing the big picture here but instead saying "this is not my problem so deal with it" just like the last guy I replied to. It's about the principle, I've given anet hundreds of dollars over the years, it's not like I don't have cash to spend I just defy this on principle, as should you!

I am playing the game since release as well and I also have principles. For example to pay other people for their work and not to expect to get everything for free.

Then give it to the guy who developed this 2 years ago and gave it to the community for free.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@solemn.9608 said:

This is nonsense. You will get enough for free and if you want more you can convert gold to gems.

I have like 17 different builds on my ele main ALONE, not including my 12 other characters across two accounts. If you're skeptical you can see it in my vids.I'm not spending THAT much money on something I already have and shouldn't need to pay for in the first place! Some of us like to play around with different builds and have variations of builds for certain situations.

You gotta pay to play buddy. Either you support the game or you don’t. Gold is easy enough to earn to buy more slots. Your choice!

I've BEEN paying to play for 7 years! What an easy answer to give, what a convenient reply for you to have. You are not seeing the big picture here but instead saying "this is not my problem so deal with it" just like the last guy I replied to. It's about the principle, I've given anet hundreds of dollars over the years, it's not like I don't have cash to spend I just defy this on principle, as should you!

I’ve been here since beta I feel your pain I really do I’ve spent hundreds of dollars as well recently just spent another $200 but that’s besides the point. We pay for the things we enjoy having or using.

If this simplifies things and makes it easier vs installing third party I’ll support it even if it cost a free extra dollars. The game is worth it to me. I feel like even if Anet gave everyone 10 slots people would still complain.

If you support the game buy the extra slots if your able to. I agree it’s like 7 years too late but better late then never.

@Saniyah.1984 said:

@Saniyah.1984 said:agressive monetisation

No its not nonsense, It currently a free feature from Arcdps im not sure if its infinate but more then 10 templates, absolutely!They telling the developer from arc to stop giving this feature for FREE so they can sell you a feature that existed! "Agressive monetisation"Now equipment storage is not a feature arcdps offers plus we sort of have it with bag/bank slots so it is understandable to sell it in gem storeBut they are charging us DOUBLE or grind for HOURS if NOT DAYS to get that. much gold it is NOT fun gameplay!!!!There are people with 20+builds they have to farmed 14x200(if they are 200) 2800 gems/400 = 7x150 gold 1050 goldHow long does it take you to earn 1050 gold?? if less then 1 hours PLEASE share your method!!

Ps and ALL of this is asuming 1 template is 200 gems each if its 400 its 2100 gold if its 800 its 4200 gold if you can get this much without grinding n farming to point of boredom then SHARE pls >.<

You do realize that Anet only allowed ARCDPS to use build templates until they were officially released into the game? This was an agreement made years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cz1rrb/build_templates_only_available_with_legendary/eywxzz9/

This. One of the conditions to ANet allowing my templates extension was that I let it die when an official solution comes around, and that condition hasn't changed.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I don’t see what the issue is as we’re getting three free character slots. Well, technically it’s six as they’re giving us three more for free for a limited time. Not sure if those three are character bound or account bound.

Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

We get up to six for free at release. Note the part about them being free? This is no different than bag slots. I guess the default bag slots that come with each character aren’t free either?

no, we get 3 shared across the acount and the 3 build ones and 2 gears ones per character.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

@"solemn.9608" said:I've BEEN paying to play for 7 years! What an easy answer to give, what a convenient reply for you to have. You are not seeing the big picture here but instead saying "this is not my problem so deal with it" just like the last guy I replied to. It's about the principle, I've given anet hundreds of dollars over the years, it's not like I don't have cash to spend I just defy this on principle, as should you!

I’ve been here since beta I feel your pain I really do I’ve spent hundreds of dollars as well recently just spent another $200 but that’s besides the point. We pay for the things we enjoy having or using.

If this simplifies things and makes it easier vs installing third party I’ll support it even if it cost a free extra dollars. The game is worth it to me. I feel like even if Anet gave everyone 10 slots people would still complain.

If you support the game buy the extra slots if your able to. I agree it’s like 7 years too late but better late then never.Fair point man but please consider that, much like my issue with having a lot of build templates I'd need to pay for, your issue of being aversive toward third party add-ons is on somewhat of an individual basis. For the same reason I'd rather have people sympathize with my gripes, I can sympathize with your gripes about disliking third parties, but I don't feel like they measure equally from an objective lens, but correct me if I'm wrong here.

The distributor for this add-on has never shown any signs of being untrustworthy (it's questionable if it's even possible for his add-on to steal account information as well but IDK) and as far as actually accessing his add-on, it is as simple as dragging a file into your GW2 folder and playing the game. It was never difficult and the people who say it's difficult - I'm sorry - are lazy, hehe.

edit / If they bumped it up to 10 slots per character I would not complain. 10 slots is enough. I'd be happy with that.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I don’t see what the issue is as we’re getting three free character slots. Well, technically it’s six as they’re giving us three more for free for a limited time. Not sure if those three are character bound or account bound.

Before this we had free unlimited build templates. After, our templates are paid-for and limited to 6.

We get up to six for free at release. Note the part about them being free? This is no different than bag slots. I guess the default bag slots that come with each character aren’t free either?

no, we get 3 shared across the acount and the 3 build ones and 2 gears ones per character.

False. Read the article again. Edit: Saw the part of build storage spaces. Why make this system so convoluted?

A Build Template tab can hold any Build Template that matches your character’s profession. Even if you haven’t trained all the skills or specialization lines used by a Build Template, you can keep it in your active Build Template tab. The unobtained elements will be automatically equipped once they’ve been trained from the Training tab.At release, each character will get three Build Template tabs, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

If you support the game buy the extra slots if your able to. I agree it’s like 7 years too late but better late then never.

Yeah, but no. They did it in GW1 for free, with no real template limit. You can't pull that off when the company is making more money with gw2 cash shop now than with entire sells when they implemented it in GW1.The point of a cash shop with $20 skins is to pay for features like this, not the other way around.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

False. Read the article again.

A Build Template tab can hold any Build Template that matches your character’s profession. Even if you haven’t trained all the skills or specialization lines used by a Build Template, you can keep it in your active Build Template tab. The unobtained elements will be automatically equipped once they’ve been trained from the Training tab.At release,
each character will get three Build Template tabs
, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store.

Did you ignore the part about gear templates and gear storage?

@zealex.9410 said:

A Build Template tab can hold any Build Template that matches your character’s profession. Even if you haven’t trained all the skills or specialization lines used by a Build Template, you can keep it in your active Build Template tab. The unobtained elements will be automatically equipped once they’ve been trained from the Training tab.At release,
, which will be preloaded with their existing equipped builds from PvE, PvP, and WvW. You can swap the contents of the Build Template tabs for use in any game mode or purchase more tabs from the Gem Store.

I made an edit as you were writing this.

I also believe that build storage slots are different from the builds on each character. It’ll only impact those who use more builds for a character than the slots that character has.

If builds are text links, you can bypass the storage altogether by saving builds in a notepad file.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You do realize that Anet only allowed ARCDPS to use build templates until they were officially released into the game? This was an agreement made years ago.Yes and the solution is to pay or grind 1050 to 4200 gold for a feature that existed even if it was a condition , it is NOT reasonable!!!

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

If builds are text links, you can bypass the storage altogether by saving builds in a notepad file.

How convenient is that?

PS and the more pople defend the greed the worse it will get so PLEASE stop!!

I am not a fan of third party add ons. I even quit using Taco because I got tired of constantly having to update it (and not having it brings a little of the mystery/challenge back to the game) - and I really dislike the "other" (main) feature Arc forces into the game (not something worth discussing in this thread).

For me, this is a very welcome feature - one that offers the added advantage of storing gear outside of my bag. As for the argument about whether or not additional slots should be free or paid for, I can't really form an opinion about that prior to seeing what they cost. If the cost is minimal, then gold to gem conversion seems like the most logical way to go.

As far as the forum vitriol, I think it really is a case of people blowing the issue way out of proportion. Even if you have characters where you use 5+ builds (which I see as unlikely for the majority of players), it is still just about convenience and one time gold costs to accommodate (again, assuming those costs are reasonable). Is it really worth getting as upset as some people on these forums seem to be?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I also believe that build storage slots are different from the builds on each character. It’ll only impact those who use more builds for a character than the slots that character has.

I believe you cant share the gear templates.

@Blaeys.3102 said:As far as the forum vitriol, I think it really is a case of people blowing the issue way out of proportion. Even if you have characters where you use 5+ builds (which I see as unlikely for the majority of players), it is still just about convenience and one time gold costs to accommodate (again, assuming those costs are reasonable). Is it really worth getting as upset as some people on these forums seem to be?Maybe, maybe not. Still waiting for Anet to comment on how much it will cost and that's a pretty big factor. If it's 80 gems for both a trait & gear template together, then it's forgivable. If it's anything more or if they're sold separately then it's a needless cash grab.

@zealex.9410 said:

I believe you cant share the gear templates.

That appears to be true. Looks like the build storage doesn’t same equipment templates either so you’d still have to manually set these up.

What are you thanking them for ? Thank you for not milking me and actually doing your job like you promised back in 2012?I don't know, maybe you're right, considering how money hungry they are as of late, we should start to thank them to giving us something.I just wish they'd finally give us HAIRS. not CHAIRS. Maybe they're just reading it wrong ... and adding C in front, so they think we actually care for ugly chairs.

@Saniyah.1984 said:These defend agressive monetisation topics should stop :(Selling equipment storage slots, sure?But build template is probably like a text file? why do we have to bought templates too??Double monetisation would only get worse if you defend or allow itPlease don't encourage them to become activision/blizard 2.0 :(

This is why they had to lay off 1/3rd of their staff. They give us a bunch of free inventory slots, with the option to buy more and the player base screams aggressive monetization. If this was BDO, even the base thing would have been paid content.

The reality is this: a one-time transaction is not enough to keep the lights on if you want more content and the servers kept on.

@SLOTH.5231 said:Hell you even get the game free now.

Sorry what? Don't bullshit that long time from the start players get the game free, thats only for the new leeches players.

They've made money from game purchase (Core game, Expansion x2), and do from gem purchases which should be mostly for cosmetics not features that should have been a part of the game from the start

We’re looking forward to getting it into your hands so we can hear your feedback wallet opening and continue to build on drain it!

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

No, only people who used obscure third party programs had them. No everyone can have them directly from Anet.

Except it wasn’t obscure, it was incredibly popular and almost everyone I meet in game uses it. People like you are a minority. Good that your ignorance is now paying off, but the majority isn’t happy about this.

I would be interested in seeing your data.

they are too far generous, 3 for free +3 for limited time,, 99% of playerbase rarely use anything than berserker. The most cry is probably from wvw crowd.

lets remember that in neverwinter(from PWE - pay to win entertainment) for example u are charged for even change traitlines! in that game only rich guys do proper theorycraft.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Except it wasn’t obscure, it was incredibly popular and almost everyone I meet in game uses it. People like you are a minority. Good that your ignorance is now paying off, but the majority isn’t happy about this.

I definitely wouldn't call it obscure, but I very strongly doubt that the majority of players use the build templates from ArcDPS. I'm sure the majority of the hardcore fractals/wvw/pvp players do use it, but the majority of players in the game wouldn't be in those hardcore groups.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:they are too far generous, 3 for free +3 for limited time,, 99% of playerbase rarely use anything than berserker. The most cry is probably from wvw crowd.

lets remember that in neverwinter(from PWE - pay to win entertainment) for example u are charged for even change traits!

lets remember in GW1 (from Ar€naN€t - pay for features that should have been available on release) Build Templates were free and unlimited. if we can share build templates with a link then surely we could be storing said links in a text file for "extra" build template storage, then surely that is something the game could be doing automatically rather than charging for it (Storing and Loading the builds locally)