False advertising?

Josa.5067

Sigh once again its scaled to the human model and not the average sized charr model also uses a recycled animation that most charr dont like because it makes them look painfully cramped into the chair.

Darn shame really. So much for this patch being charr and norn focused.

Ive been crying for a charr culture chair for months and we get one thats1: scaled to a human model making the chair look too small for a charr of almost any size to sit in.2: a recycled pose that does not work well for charr with 95% of the chairs that poses is used on.

To make things worse i know im still going to buy this chair because its going to likely be the only charr ish themed one we get for a long long time sad face

Yes i know chairs scale based off your character creation height slider but thats not what i mean.What i mean is the chair at its base size (Before character creation scaling is applied) is too small. Small enough so that a human sits in it comfortably with plenty of room but not too much room. When a charr sits in it the chair looks unreasonably small and they barely have any room. To make it worse you pair it with a pose which capitalizes this and makes it more direct. The pose makes the char look like he is holding himself slightly out of the chair because he knows if he fully sits he wont be able to get back out of it or that is painful to sit in. There is no extra room.

This chair should have been made with a charr model of roughly Bangar's size sitting in it and before any character size scaling is applied to it.The chair should look unreasonably big if anything other than a charr sits in it and thats ok ITS A CHARR's CHAIR

Im more disappointed with this design and the sitting position than people are over having to pay for extra build templates... im not even mad about having to pay for build templates

EDIT

I think ill just wait to buy this chair its too unacceptable... incorrect size+ bad pose that makes size look worse than what it is already which is bad.....

Anet fix this then ill buy it.

@Sera.2146 said:Different advertised chair size, different advertised pose. That is indeed false advertising...

Perhaps the characters a different size, and besides, it's a representation of the item, not the actual item for sale...isn't that what preview is for(and if not, then something is wrong with the preview, since everything else shows it the items on your character or your character using it), so you can see what it would look like on your character?

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Sera.2146 said:Different advertised chair size, different advertised pose. That is indeed false advertising...

Perhaps the characters a different size, and besides, it's a representation of the item, not the actual item for sale...isn't that what preview is for(and if not, then something is wrong with the preview, since everything else shows it the items on your character or your character using it), so you can see what it would look like on your character?

You can only preview the item itself. No way to preview what your character looks like when sitting on it, so even the size is kind of ambigious.

I was actually going to buy it, because I mistakenly thought I would have the Proper charr slouch, as well as the proper size. You've just saved me a bad purchase.

Why oh why do us charr players have to sit like a granpa watching the TV without his glasses ? Give us a proper slouch.

File:Bench_of_the_Final_Judge_charr_male

A Proper Slouch. For Proper Charrs.