False advertising?

Josa.5067

https://imgur.com/a/Tz4BsYtmaybe a false clipping issue or failed animation on chair but this does indeed not look like on the previewed gemstore shop :(its sad that charr looking like a mistake on chairs .... can i plz get my throne like skin ?

Can Charr players plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz have at last 1 chair WHICH RLY FIT WITH OUR SIZED CHARACTERS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Anet, I understand that you want the chairs to have a standard size across all character, but please consider all races when choosing that size. A charr themed chair should not look like a kiddie chair when sat on by a charr. This chair is a pretty big disappointment.

Or, at the very least, have the preview include your character sitting on the chair somehow so people can see how it will really look.

I agree, something seems odd here. However, and I hate to point this out, this is a "chair". People are using in-game gold, or real world money, to buy gems in order to get a chair. Not a skin - that at least moves with your character, but a chair. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see the point in these.

Is it...for you to sit in it and and hope people who see you will think "This guy/gal is so cool"? Is that it?

You know whats funny about this? My norn who is the largest norn you can be has a proper pose, that exact pose while my charr who is not quite as big as they can get doesn't. My norn dwarfs alot of the charr even when they are at max height... so I feel like they didn't even mess with the charr model to make it have a better pose.LFrxuK9.jpg

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:You know whats funny about this? My norn who is the largest norn you can be has a proper pose, that exact pose while my charr who is not quite as big as they can get doesn't. My norn dwarfs alot of the charr even when they are at max height... so I feel like they didn't even mess with the charr model to make it have a better pose.LFrxuK9.jpg

the chair even looks better.

Holy crap im glad i found this thread, was really excited about the Chair until i saw how bad it looks for the race its advertised for...

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:You know whats funny about this? My norn who is the largest norn you can be has a proper pose, that exact pose while my charr who is not quite as big as they can get doesn't. My norn dwarfs alot of the charr even when they are at max height... so I feel like they didn't even mess with the charr model to make it have a better pose.
LFrxuK9.jpg

the chair even looks better.

Holy kitten im glad i found this thread, was really excited about the Chair until i saw how bad it looks for the race its advertised for...

yea so the size scaling ain't the issue, The issue is A-net just half-assed this.

Yeah... I think I'm going to give it a day for a dev response. If we don't get a good one, I'll be asking for a refund.[Edit]Actually, waiting a day may weaken my chances of getting said refund. And where do we start the process of telling them we want our gems back? Support?

Husband compared it to an adult sitting in a chair specifically designed for toddlers. Sure you might just barely be able to fit in it but you're not comfortable.

He's not even as into the game as I am and he agrees there's something wrong when the chair you get in a Raid looks better for Charr than one you actually pay for that was designed FOR the Charr.

@zealex.9410 said:Diff in size aside, why is the charr's pose so scuffed?

Because all the chairs are too small for charr. I was thinking that this one might be an exception, but...

It looks like he's going to fall out, and is struggling to stay on the chair.

Or he's stuck and is trying to get out of the chair... Either one works really.

Why its always charrs who get kittened up? First ridiculous rng on a new charr helmet that everyone wants due to HOW BAD HELEMTS USUALLY ARE FOR CHARR. And now.. this. Wtf? If you dont wanna put any effort into charr then just remove them from playable race honestly cuz whats the point. To this day i run revenant armor with t3 helmet cuz everything else looks like a kitten.