False advertising?

Josa.5067

@SnakeWildlife.5623 said:

@Kanok.3027 said:The sheer amount of tinfoil hat in your comments...nope. Simple fact of the matter is, you all took one look at the artwork, assumed you could do that pose, when it was never specified you could, called false advertisement and attack anyone that doesn't see it your way. Obviously, you are far too stubborn to see any kind of rational reasoning, so I'm going to stop here. I had my laugh, I'm glad they did this to show how much of a joke this whole debacle was. Later tater.

People are complaining more about the size and not the sitting stance. You're the one with a tinfoil hat.

To be fair, people are complaining about both.

It was advertised as X and we got Y

Those of you saying its being blown of proportion, you're wrong and your shilling. The charr chair is a CHARR CHAIR not a human, asuran, sylvari or even norn. The fact that norn look better in it is just dumb as hell.

It had specific art to show a specific pose (The dhuum chair uses said pose. ) So it does exist, they just didn't use it.

The art was designed to promote the product, most of the art they make for a product is a one to one ratio.

It was clearly something and clearly is something they don't intend to fix.

I feel like it's a bit too late for them to change the chair in-game because it has already been implemented and bought by people (some of which probably like how it is now), so I don't expect them to do that.

I just want them to take note about why people were unhappy with this chair and do better in the future. Also release another, better, charr themed chair.

Indeed that is disappointing. As a mainly charr player, I was looking forward to seeing more attention given to them. It seems to not have been the intent.

Ah well, that shot missed Anet. Fix it properly and/or learn from it. What you did (changing the ad and labelling it a "bug") is not appropriate.

I have to point out that for a charr chair, seeing an -asura-, the smallest race sitting in it on the webpage was obfuscating the truth from the majority of players who would have bought the chair. It's a charr chair, players with charr chars would be interested. I can't see why you didn't show a charr in it, except for the Reason that they wouldn't look good in it. That may not be the case, but that's how I feel it now.

Seems wrong to say that changing the gemstore banner was a "bug fix" while ignoring this thread.

People should get their gems back regardless of whether or not they can remove the chair from accounts. Their inability to relock gemstore items shouldn't be an excuse. If they wanted to they could add the ability to remove gemstore unlocks like this but they chose not to.

If they are doing this as a temporary measure until they actually fix the chair, then its fine. I will buy it when they do.

However, if this is an excuse to not have to make the resize and change the pose for Charr, then this is disgusting behaviour from Anet and they can forget ever getting another penny from me again. I do not accept such rotten and underhanded practices.

So blatant false advertising is a bug with the gemstore banner?

This is a scam, no doubt about it. And you wonder why people are losing their goodwill for ANet?

Personally, I'm done with the gemstore after this, and I will recommend everyone to also vote with their wallets if they are simply gonna leave the issue like this.

@"Kitty.6219" said:This situation made me so angry that I made a picture about it!!

20191003_090051.png

OK, now I am mad .. that is the second coffee this week I have wasted down my pants!!

What a terrible excuse they have used to try and cover over their glaringly obvious crack - how was that even a bug? ... oops somehow a posing Charr got merged into the Chair artwork and we didn't notice it .. c'mon ANET at least try to make a proper excuse of it.Can we now expect game downtime for feet clippings or for some Charr hairstyles that need some rework can we shut the game down please until every hair is where it should be.

Yep, definitely not a bug. Its a blatant scam that they are trying their best to cover up instead of doing the right thing and making it as it was advertised.

Honestly, I hope someone takes this higher if Anet doesnt fix it, since people have already been cheated of a product they were lied about to. The screenshots that people have gathered is already enough to take it there. -.-

I am just disgusted with Anet right now with how they have handled it. Unprofessional and unbefitting.