False advertising?

Josa.5067

@"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:Oh lord, they changed the store artwork and called it a bugfix. Good shenanigans, Anet. Good shenanigans indeed...

Yeah. I'm waiting for one of the ArenaNet's PR people to call the community "toxic" for complaining about this, too.

They really should offer those who bought the chair a free, bigger version fitting the Charr characters.

@Erasculio.2914 said:

@"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:Oh lord, they changed the store artwork and called it a bugfix. Good shenanigans, Anet. Good shenanigans indeed...

Yeah. I'm waiting for one of the ArenaNet's PR people to call the community "toxic" for complaining about this, too.

They really should offer those who bought the chair a free, bigger version fitting the Charr characters.

-OR- They fix the freaking chair properly so that it looks right, thats all they have to. Make it scale better with Charr and make the Charr use the animation all the other races get. Id buy it then.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Oof.

Bug Fix:
  • Updated the Gem Store banner for the Legionnaire's Chair.

ArenaNet, don't do that. That wasn't a bug. And honestly, even if other races looked small on a Charr chair, that would have been accurate to your lore, your world, and the people who have chosen to play Charr and pay for race-themed items like this one. You should recall the item, scale it correctly for Charr, and release it again with a short apology for any confusion. Even if you meant to release the chair this small, it was still not the right thing to do.

Don't act like the picture was the mistake; I say this as someone who wants to buy stuff from you.

^^^^

Agreed, so much this!!

I like big chairs and I cannot lie!!

ANet didn't give me a refund yet.

That means they could be changing the chair, so they wouldn't have to refund me.

That, or they are just very slow with my ticket, even though a bunch of other people got their refunds already.(It was wednesday in Seattle when they got my ticket.)

@Josa.5067 said:ANet didn't give me a refund yet.

That means they could be changing the chair, so they wouldn't have to refund me.

That, or they are just very slow with my ticket, even though a bunch of other people got their refunds already.(It was wednesday in Seattle when they got my ticket.)

They do have a tendency toward long response times unfortunately, but this would be the kind of situation they'd normally allow a refund, even if there are scaling changes being worked on. There's nothing to stop you buying it again if they fix it.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Josa.5067 said:ANet didn't give me a refund yet.

They do have a tendency toward long response times unfortunately, but this would be the kind of situation they'd normally allow a refund, even if there are scaling changes being worked on. There's nothing to stop you buying it again if they fix it.

I just find it odd that some people got their refund in less than a day, and mine is taking at least 3. (Not counting the weekend days.)

This kind of angers me and depresses me: I believe if you advertise it, you damn better well follow through; if you screw up, fix it. Throwing the banner up there with no response, it sounds like it was half done when it was pushed out. Depressed because I know ya'll can do better. :/

@knomslayer.9457 said:Just giving my too sense on this matter.

1. Players need to stop buying chairs, you gain nothing its useless. No chairs no complains
  2. Anet need stop selling chairs. Its useless , there is not lore behind a chair , dont tell me have chair is your ''endgame'' having fun. This need to stop.

That is an incredibly selfish way of thinking. Just because you don't like chairs, doesn't mean that others can't like them.

What you said can be applied to literally every cosmetic item in the gemstore, and a bunch of other things.

Imagine if ANet solved the asura/charr/norn armor clipping issues by simply not making any more new armor for those races. Or even better, they could just delete those races completely. Then people couldn't complain about already existing armor either!

Them calling the banner a big fix is just them trying to stay out of any legal trouble, with the false advertisement stuff. They are willing to go through the lengths of slightly covering a thread, changing a banner and calling it a bug, all for a chair that was to small for its theme. Also with the way some devs act over the recent years, makes me think that they are to stubborn to accept what the community wants.