Sevenshot.

Nivik.2961

@otto.5684 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@otto.5684 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@otto.5684 said:The skill does not work in sPvP and barely in PvE. Honestly, I would rather have it completely reworked into a mobility + evasion skill.

like ranger sb skill. evade backwards 1 sec range 450 and give swiftness. no need a target to activate it. can be shot behind you.maybe 1 arrow which gives torment, cripple, vulnerability, chill, bleeding, weakness and blind for 5 sec . like sevenshot.the dmg will be low as only torment, bleed and maybe 2 torment (traited from chill) will do the dmg about 1.5k-2.5kand also used as cover condition tool.

That would be great. It allows you to play hit and run like... a renegade. Not a mediocre DH.

The seven shot damage then should be distributed among other skills.

sb dmg need buff nevertheless direct dmg increase by 25% and duration of all conditions by 50%AA needs more duration as you can only stack 6-8 bleeding stacks. while ranger can 18 stacks.bleed dmg trait should increase to 33% like ranger.also burn duration should increase by 50%. slow should change as it means nothing to revenenat.

I think the additional burn on SB 4 will be great, once they make not land after 15 hours from cast...

For SB, I think the objective should be to make it the go to sPvP and WvW weapon for condi build. It will never be able to compete with mace/axe in PvE, especially that Rev sustainability in PvE is fairly strong. This gives you little incentive to go to range, unless you really have to. And honestly, I think the issue is not necessarily that SB skills do not do enough damage, but cannot consistency and accurately hit enemies, even in PvE.

For SB to be a good weapon in PvP it needs blocks, evades and mobility, like every other rev weapon.. Renegade utilities and F2-F4 skills all need major work to be functional in PvP as well. However, renegade cannot be a slow area denial elite in PvP. It does not synergize with the rev desgin and Kalla's utilities do not provide area denial. SB must provide the missing mobility and sustainability that renegade lacks.

Which leaves condi nuking in PvP... but that is a conversation for another time.

if you check it closely you will see renegade isnt design for condition rather to buff you team with more dmg wether its condi or power.you can give 10 might stacks, aoe cc, aoe healing, aoe leech and dmg, aoe alacrity. the sb is just another weapon to stay at range while you team is on melee.

@messiah.1908 said:

@otto.5684 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@otto.5684 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@otto.5684 said:The skill does not work in sPvP and barely in PvE. Honestly, I would rather have it completely reworked into a mobility + evasion skill.

like ranger sb skill. evade backwards 1 sec range 450 and give swiftness. no need a target to activate it. can be shot behind you.maybe 1 arrow which gives torment, cripple, vulnerability, chill, bleeding, weakness and blind for 5 sec . like sevenshot.the dmg will be low as only torment, bleed and maybe 2 torment (traited from chill) will do the dmg about 1.5k-2.5kand also used as cover condition tool.

That would be great. It allows you to play hit and run like... a renegade. Not a mediocre DH.

The seven shot damage then should be distributed among other skills.

sb dmg need buff nevertheless direct dmg increase by 25% and duration of all conditions by 50%AA needs more duration as you can only stack 6-8 bleeding stacks. while ranger can 18 stacks.bleed dmg trait should increase to 33% like ranger.also burn duration should increase by 50%. slow should change as it means nothing to revenenat.

I think the additional burn on SB 4 will be great, once they make not land after 15 hours from cast...

For SB, I think the objective should be to make it the go to sPvP and WvW weapon for condi build. It will never be able to compete with mace/axe in PvE, especially that Rev sustainability in PvE is fairly strong. This gives you little incentive to go to range, unless you really have to. And honestly, I think the issue is not necessarily that SB skills do not do enough damage, but cannot consistency and accurately hit enemies, even in PvE.

For SB to be a good weapon in PvP it needs blocks, evades and mobility, like every other rev weapon.. Renegade utilities and F2-F4 skills all need major work to be functional in PvP as well. However, renegade cannot be a slow area denial elite in PvP. It does not synergize with the rev desgin and Kalla's utilities do not provide area denial. SB must provide the missing mobility and sustainability that renegade lacks.

Which leaves condi nuking in PvP... but that is a conversation for another time.

if you check it closely you will see renegade isnt design for condition rather to buff you team with more dmg wether its condi or power.you can give 10 might stacks, aoe cc, aoe healing, aoe leech and dmg, aoe alacrity. the sb is just another weapon to stay at range while you team is on melee.

Honestly the biggest support the entire renegede skill set offers is the 4 sec protection on summoning a warband, something that is neither strong nor unique.

All the remaininng things are poorly designed garbage that only works as extra personal dps or a CC breaker.

Also if the new weapon that is locked behind new elite should never be used in in PvE unless you obsolotely cannot get in melee range and never to be used in PvP, something is seriously wrong in design.

• 2 weeks later...

Hej Hej folks @ANet and all the others

The Sevenshot is great and I got nothing to add, that hasn't already been said. Just to show my support for making this a 'fixed target', well, supporting the ability to fix it to your locked target – like other AoE or Bow-Skills do.It's an awesome skill but very hard to use in close combat or when it's getting kinda hectic.

So I, too, would love to see this skill 'fixed'! :3

thx,Bo

I think the spread is too wide to be practical in this game's terrain. Instead of being in a straight row aimed at a fixed point, they should either be homing, or they should fire from a circle behind your head, forming a cone, essentially, that is a bit wider than a charr character model at the widest, giving a much tighter grouping. That would make it much less prone to terrain clipping.

We used to be able to adjust the focal point manually in the beta, but Anet had fixed the one bug that didn't need fixing.

The "reverse shotgun" idea could work in any other MMO than GW2, but doesn't work in GW2 combat system.

Increase applied Torment duration with every arrow striking given unique enemy, enemies hit at the focal point get bonus burning. Reduce the cast time.

• 2 weeks later...

The cast time should be instant and the projectile speed should be damn near instant as well. Or they could just make it a targeted skill instead of a skill shot. But whatever, as it stands if you can actually land it it's the highest damage attack on any rev wep, trouble is it's extremely difficult to do so especially since rev has no easy access to immobilize that I am aware of...

People should not be using shortbow without heartpiercer trait. Arena net never took into account people who take Renegade spec to for their condi damage Revenant to not take damage related traits. Mid line traits are for Kala/Malyx + Sb+Mace/Axe.Even with those SB skills piercing...nerfing Sevenshot to Fiveshot would be a buff....considering that at the drawing board,Arena net thought we can figure out for ourselves that we should not be using SB without Heartpiercer and access to utility skills that give mobility (the ones on Malyx and Shiro)

I think this is how Arena net imagined Power Renegade would look like: Renegade/Invocation/Retri or Deva, no shortbow because the damage is very bad on something not focused on dealing condi damage.....althogh Ventari Renegade can work with shortbow....because you leave auto attack on and focus on managing utilities.

My point:Arena net shoe horned people who want to do damage,or survive damage in a very tight pigeon hole. Same goes for Renegade healers, I've yet to see a Renegade Ventari Rev who thinks getting Heartpiercer to make SB work as intended was a good ideea.

Archived