Please clarify some things about templates

@Seera.5916 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:That is BS. Why Is it called templates if it cannot be saved????

Tell me hiw is it possible that someone could make templates as anaddon for free many years faster then anet and it worked 1000 times better?

What do you mean by that? They can be saved.

Lets say you open template number 2 on chrono. Then you swap weapon from focus to sword offhand because you dont need pull. That will overwrite that template so next tim I switch to it it will have sword and not focus.

That would be fine IF i could have enough templates to save all variations but then i would need at least 30 on chrono. 6 is definitely not enough for this.

@"Trise.2865" said:

1. Currently 6 per character, with as many as 24 additional "saved build" slots across your account.

The total is 24, so that makes 21 additional ones you can purchase at the Gem Store.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:That is BS. Why Is it called templates if it cannot be saved????

It is being saved - on your character. The Build Template Storage is just for sharing purposes. But I agree, it would have been more logical to allow you to save an unlimited amount locally on your computer, like in GW1.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:
  1. Currently 6 per character, with as many as 24 additional "saved build" slots across your account.

The
total
is 24, so that makes 21 additional ones you can purchase at the Gem Store.

It is being saved - on your character. The Build Template Storage is just for sharing purposes. But I agree, it would have been more logical to allow you to save an unlimited amount locally on your computer, like in GW1.

Technically, you can save unlimited amounts on your computer for the builds at least. You just need to generate the chat link and save that to a file on your computer.

Yes, I realize that this is probably more steps than you would need in GW1, but the option is still there.

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:

The
total

Technically, you can save unlimited amounts on your computer for the builds at least. You just need to generate the chat link and save that to a file on your computer.

Yes, I realize that this is probably more steps than you would need in GW1, but the option is still there.

But you can only do that for traits and not gear right?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Tell me hiw is it possible that someone could make templates as anaddon for free many years faster then anet and it worked 1000 times better?

Lets say you open template number 2 on chrono. Then you swap weapon from focus to sword offhand because you dont need pull. That will overwrite that template so next tim I switch to it it will have sword and not focus.

That would be fine IF i could have enough templates to save all variations but then i would need at least 30 on chrono. 6 is definitely not enough for this.

So your problem isn't that they don't save. They do. You have a problem that they autosave.

Meaning if you are on Equipment Set 1 and you change from Sword to Focus, you wouldn't be able to just hit your keybind again to reset back to Sword instantly.

@"Trise.2865" said:

The
total

But you can only do that for traits and not gear right?

Correct. Since gear is unique. However, Ashantara was talking about the Build Template Storage area having a limit and wishing they could be stored on the local system like in GW1.

@Seera.5916 said:

So your problem isn't that they don't save. They do. You have a problem that they autosave.

Meaning if you are on Equipment Set 1 and you change from Sword to Focus, you wouldn't be able to just hit your keybind again to reset back to Sword instantly.

Yes. Right now I have like 12 general gear templates saved and I change them if I need small change (diferent sigil, more toughness...)

Now I have to play with maximum of 6 and I cannot have any general builds....

You do realise needing a whole new build just because you switched a sword out is a bit overkill right..

@Dante.1508 said:

You do realise needing a whole new build just because you switched a sword out is a bit overkill right..

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.

@Dante.1508 said:

I do not want a new build. But if I swap to a template i need to check which changes I made last time

@Seera.5916 said:

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.Well we have had to deal with these things for years either way how has everyone forgotten this.. What did customers do before ARCDPS, i'm just saying its not a huge deal.

@Seera.5916 said:

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.

You are right. It used to be for me that I coukd with 2 clicks get back to starting point.

Ok so 6 builds

Diviner chronoCommander chronoMinstrel chronoTrailblaizer chronoViper chrono

That is 5 for each version I will need to swap runes separately (up to 5 in one build), amount of BD separately and all weapons separately

I do not want a new build. But if I swap to a template i need to check which changes I made last timeTrue i understand now but why not just make a dedicated character for raiding or fractals etc with 6 builds and one for pve with say three.. Its what i would do.

@Dante.1508 said:

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.Well we have had to deal with these things for years either way how has everyone forgotten this.. What did customers do before ARCDPS, i'm just saying its not a huge deal.

Customers make arcdps because it takes too much time swaping gear for 40 seconds after each 3 minutes fight

@Dante.1508 said:

I do not want a new build. But if I swap to a template i need to check which changes I made last timeTrue i understand now but why not just make a dedicated character for raiding or fractals etc with 6 builds and one for pve with say three.. Its what i would do.

Then I need 5 chronomancers for raiding because i have 30+ diferent gear combinations

But then I need to craft diferent sets because each piece will be only on one character

@Dante.1508 said:

Maybe not to us.

But many players did get used to it and make builds and play strategies off of what that add on allowed. Now they are being told that if they want to continue using build templates, that what it's currently capable of is very different and more limiting than what they were using. Which by itself may not have been a problem had ANet not had more templates be purchasable. Granted we don't know the amount it will cost or how many we'll get with a purchase as as of the Guild Chat they hadn't worked that out yet. But the equipment ones will be in line with other storage expandors since it does take items out of the inventory and increases what you can effectively carry from what was said in the chat.

Customers make arcdps because it takes too much time swaping gear for 40 seconds after each 3 minutes fight

Well that really goes back to how silly some of this teamed content has become.. You know needing spend 40 mins to change gears just to do some virtual content says more about the insane content than the builds imo..

@Seera.5916 said:

Maybe not to us.

But many players did get used to it and make builds and play strategies off of what that add on allowed. Now they are being told that if they want to continue using build templates, that what it's currently capable of is very different and more limiting than what they were using. Which by itself may not have been a problem had ANet not had more templates be purchasable. Granted we don't know the amount it will cost or how many we'll get with a purchase as as of the Guild Chat they hadn't worked that out yet. But the equipment ones will be in line with other storage expandors since it does take items out of the inventory and increases what you can effectively carry from what was said in the chat.

I saw that they had 6 tabs. I dont know how hard it could be to make like 20 maximum but I guess not that hard so I hope they make more then 6.

Purchasable is ok if I am able to get same benefit as the arc version