Please clarify some things about templates

@Dante.1508 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:That is BS. Why Is it called templates if it cannot be saved????

Tell me hiw is it possible that someone could make templates as anaddon for free many years faster then anet and it worked 1000 times better?

What do you mean by that? They can be saved.

Lets say you open template number 2 on chrono. Then you swap weapon from focus to sword offhand because you dont need pull. That will overwrite that template so next tim I switch to it it will have sword and not focus.

That would be fine IF i could have enough templates to save all variations but then i would need at least 30 on chrono. 6 is definitely not enough for this.

You do realise needing a whole new build just because you switched a sword out is a bit overkill right..

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.Well we have had to deal with these things for years either way how has everyone forgotten this.. What did customers do before ARCDPS, i'm just saying its not a huge deal.

Customers make arcdps because it takes too much time swaping gear for 40 seconds after each 3 minutes fight

Well that really goes back to how silly some of this teamed content has become.. You know needing spend 40 mins to change gears just to do some virtual content says more about the insane content than the builds imo..

He said it takes 40 seconds to swap gear, not 40 minutes. Did you misread or mistype?

@Seera.5916 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:That is BS. Why Is it called templates if it cannot be saved????

Tell me hiw is it possible that someone could make templates as anaddon for free many years faster then anet and it worked 1000 times better?

Lets say you open template number 2 on chrono. Then you swap weapon from focus to sword offhand because you dont need pull. That will overwrite that template so next tim I switch to it it will have sword and not focus.

That would be fine IF i could have enough templates to save all variations but then i would need at least 30 on chrono. 6 is definitely not enough for this.

You do realise needing a whole new build just because you switched a sword out is a bit overkill right..

I think he wants to be able to hit a button and swap the weapons out in a fractal when you need one for a more situational instance but need to swap back right after. Less time to get accidentally brought into combat if you just have to hit a keybind than if you have to open up your inventory/equipment panel and find the weapon to swap it out with. Which I'm figuring was a feature of the add on. I've never used it so I can't say.Well we have had to deal with these things for years either way how has everyone forgotten this.. What did customers do before ARCDPS, i'm just saying its not a huge deal.

Customers make arcdps because it takes too much time swaping gear for 40 seconds after each 3 minutes fight

Well that really goes back to how silly some of this teamed content has become.. You know needing spend 40 mins to change gears just to do some virtual content says more about the insane content than the builds imo..

He said it takes 40 seconds to swap gear, not 40 minutes. Did you misread or mistype?I misread.. sorry but still 40 seconds is not a huge deal.

@Dante.1508 said:

He said it takes 40 seconds to swap gear, not 40 minutes. Did you misread or mistype?I misread.. sorry but still 40 seconds is not a huge deal.

If you kill 20 bosses in evening it is more then 12 minutes

Imagine this:4 minutes playing, 40 seconds changing gearAnd this 20 times

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Maybe not to us.

But many players did get used to it and make builds and play strategies off of what that add on allowed. Now they are being told that if they want to continue using build templates, that what it's currently capable of is very different and more limiting than what they were using. Which by itself may not have been a problem had ANet not had more templates be purchasable. Granted we don't know the amount it will cost or how many we'll get with a purchase as as of the Guild Chat they hadn't worked that out yet. But the equipment ones will be in line with other storage expandors since it does take items out of the inventory and increases what you can effectively carry from what was said in the chat.

I saw that they had 6 tabs. I dont know how hard it could be to make like 20 maximum but I guess not that hard so I hope they make more then 6.

The equipment is where you'll have the most problem.

Since build templates can be saved externally to the game via chat links, you could prep your common ones into the build storage and then swap out from storage as needed between parts of a fight. I know in fractals there's time to play swap around before you move to the next part of the fractal. I imagine there's time in that in raids.

It is more convoluted to do so and I do feel for those of you who got used to the practically unlimited build templates from arcdps and really took advantage of it as it appears you have.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Wow seriously, again this seems far more a GW2 mechanics problem then builds, i totally understand why you are miffed tho but i'm not sure what we as customers can do.. No pay? No play.. both sound like they will do very little to stop this.

@Seera.5916 said:

Maybe not to us.

But many players did get used to it and make builds and play strategies off of what that add on allowed. Now they are being told that if they want to continue using build templates, that what it's currently capable of is very different and more limiting than what they were using. Which by itself may not have been a problem had ANet not had more templates be purchasable. Granted we don't know the amount it will cost or how many we'll get with a purchase as as of the Guild Chat they hadn't worked that out yet. But the equipment ones will be in line with other storage expandors since it does take items out of the inventory and increases what you can effectively carry from what was said in the chat.

I saw that they had 6 tabs. I dont know how hard it could be to make like 20 maximum but I guess not that hard so I hope they make more then 6.

The equipment is where you'll have the most problem.

Since build templates can be saved externally to the game via chat links, you could prep your common ones into the build storage and then swap out from storage as needed between parts of a fight. I know in fractals there's time to play swap around before you move to the next part of the fractal. I imagine there's time in that in raids.

It is more convoluted to do so and I do feel for those of you who got used to the practically unlimited build templates from arcdps and really took advantage of it as it appears you have.

Yea. Sad part is that traits are swapped quite fast. But gear takes alot of time, especialy swaping legendary pieces and then swaping runes.

I am thankful that someone understands my problems. I know that for more casual comunity, this will be nice feature. I just wish that I could keep using ataddonemplates if I buy all anet templates

@Dante.1508 said:

Wow seriously, again this seems far more a GW2 mechanics problem then builds, i totally understand why you are miffed tho but i'm not sure what we as customers can do.. No pay? No play.. both sound like they will do very little to stop this.

You can do nothing :D I was just explaining why I have problems with this

@Seera.5916 said:Technically, you can save unlimited amounts on your computer for the builds at least. You just need to generate the chat link and save that to a file on your computer.

Yes, I realize that this is probably more steps than you would need in GW1, but the option is still there.

I know this, but I was saying this should have been part of the in-game feature.